Green Expo attracts crowd
|Photos: Lew Stamp|
Shown at left is Springfield resident Richard Kirby, a student at Portage Lakes Career Center, demonstrating how to lift fingerprints from an object.
Some of the activities included this tight rope bridge, shown at top right, presented by Boy Scout Troop No. 330. Scoutmaster Dave Hedrick is pictured at the back helping Green resident Alayna Venarge, 3, walk along the rope as District Executive Tom Crail watches.
Shown at middle right is Holly Stinson, 13, and Rylee Weber, 12, with balloons created by Sneakers the Clown at the Green Expo.
Elise Woodford, 12, is shown at bottom right on an energy bike at the Expo.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- Akron police to assist at GOP convention
- Junior Rangers explore CVNP
- County looking at summer roadwork spending
- Celebrate national parks’ centennial at CVNP
- Deconstruction program building up community
- West Side News & Notes
- ACLU sues Akron over panhandling law
- Temporary bridge bypass opens on Towpath
- Proposed charter changes in Fairlawn continue to draw debate
- Copley trustees to appoint new fiscal officer
- Bids announced for 2016 road projects in Bath
- Boston trustees discuss policy on culvert pipe installation
- Sharon trustees address transportation concerns
Calendar of Events
- Small Footprint: Road Trip - 5/5/2016
- University of Akron Symphony Orchestra - 5/5/2016
- “Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens” - 5/5/2016
- Homeschoolers: Backyard Pollinators: ages 7-10 - 5/6/2016
- University of Akron: Brass Quintets; Jazz Guitar Ensemble - 5/6/2016