Two young men earn Eagle rank
|Photo courtesy of Roberta Conroy|
Austin was awarded the rank of Eagle Oct. 10, and James was awarded Dec. 12. The ceremony took place Feb. 24 at the church with family, friends and members of the Scouting community in attendance.
James (known as Jimmy) is a senior at Woodridge High School, active in band, Rhapsody Show Choir and the cross country team. He started his Scouting experience in first grade as a Tiger Scout in Cub Scout Pack No. 3171. After earning the Arrow of Light, the highest honor in Cub Scouting, he went on to join Boy Scout Troop No. 155.
In 2011, James became the Senior Patrol Leader of the Troop. He attended multiple years of summer camps and earned a total of 26 merit badges en route to his Eagle achievement. His Eagle project was building a chicken coop at Woodridge Intermediate School for special-needs students.
After high school, James plans to attend The University of Akron, majoring in business management.
Austin (known as A.J.) is a senior at Cuyahoga Falls High School, active in National Honor Society and on the varsity swim team. Austin started his Scouting career in second grade as a Wolf Scout in Cub Scout Pack No. 3171. He also earned his Arrow of Light and went on to join Boy Scout Troop No. 155 in 2006.
Austin is currently the Junior Assistant Scoutmaster for the troop. He is expected to earn two Palms, further advancement after the rank of Eagle, before he turns 18. He has earned a total of 32 merit badges. Austin’s Eagle project was building a patio for the kindergarten and first-grade entrance at Preston Elementary School in Cuyahoga Falls. He funded the project with donations from friends and community businesses.
Austin has been accepted into the Fisher School of Business at The Ohio State University and plans to major in economics.
Jimmy and A.J. are shown above right from left.
Troop officials offered congratulations to the Scouts and their parents, Jim and Roberta Conroy, of Boston, along with Steve and Tammie Reed, of Cuyahoga Falls, according to troop leaders.
More Community News
- Downtown Akron retail, housing planned
- Sharon kicks off Christmas season
- Litchfield CLC accepted into IB program
- State auditor releases special report on open enrollment
- Falls Council hears utility audit report
- West Side News & Notes
- ADM Services Board recognizes Trailblazers
- Work on 2017 county budget continues
- Boston trustees discuss business not registered in JEDD
- Bath trustees reduce speed limit on Bonnebrook
- Bath Community Fund awards first grants
- Sharon trustees discuss Eagle Scout project
- Auditor releases report on open enrollment
- Lakemore lights up for holidays
- Downtown retail, housing planned on South Main
- Springfield district planning stadium improvements
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Glass Fusing with Marianne Hite - 12/7/2016
- Weekday Walkers - 12/7/2016
- Christmas Cards Workshop - 12/7/2016
- “Once” - 12/7/2016
- Story Time - 12/7/2016