Leak prompts water shutoff in Copley
|Photo: Kathleen Folkerth|
Rick Forsythe, superintendent of the city of Akron Water Distribution, said the utility became aware of a leak in a valve of the 12-inch water main at South Cleveland-Massillon and Ridgewood roads around 8 a.m. that day. Crews shut down the line around 9:20 a.m., he said, and the repairs were completed around 1 p.m.
As a result of the water line shutoff, officials in the Copley-Fairlawn City School District dismissed students at the high school at 9:30 a.m., according to the district’s website.
Forsythe said residents and businesses in the vicinity of the water line and down Ridgewood Road to the west end of the road were affected by the shutoff.
Shown at right is a crew from Akron Public Utilities as they work to repair the problem.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Community News
- Akron Council OKs Rockynol project permit
- Croghan Park rededicated
- Focus on speeding, other issues at Akron Caucus
- Bath Community Day is Aug. 2
- Summit, Medina fairs celebrate traditions
- Richfield fire chief commended for saving life
- Richfield trustees discuss mowing complaint
- Copley pet groomer reunites potbellied pig, owner
- West Side News & Notes
- West Side Education News & Notes
- New Springfield superintendent named
- Communities gearing up for Rock the Docks
- New Franklin charter changes headed to ballot
- Community event planned at East Liberty Park
- Kids Month celebrated in August
- Wingfoot One selected as new blimp name
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- “Summer Fun” Book Sale - 7/31/2014
- Works by Portage Path Community Learning Center art students - 7/31/2014
- “Shout! The Mod Musical” - 8/2/2014
- Branching out: U.S. Vital Records and Obituaries - 8/2/2014
- GroundWorks DanceTheater - 8/2/2014