Leak prompts water shutoff in Copley
|Photo: Kathleen Folkerth|
Rick Forsythe, superintendent of the city of Akron Water Distribution, said the utility became aware of a leak in a valve of the 12-inch water main at South Cleveland-Massillon and Ridgewood roads around 8 a.m. that day. Crews shut down the line around 9:20 a.m., he said, and the repairs were completed around 1 p.m.
As a result of the water line shutoff, officials in the Copley-Fairlawn City School District dismissed students at the high school at 9:30 a.m., according to the district’s website.
Forsythe said residents and businesses in the vicinity of the water line and down Ridgewood Road to the west end of the road were affected by the shutoff.
Shown at right is a crew from Akron Public Utilities as they work to repair the problem.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Community News
- Girls explore engineering careers
- County consumer protection gets attention
- Crown Point celebrating 25th year
- Local Women Who Care hoping to increase ranks
- Firestone Theatre one of first to stage ‘Mary Poppins’
- ACF announces record assets, awards $1.93 million in grants
- Akron Council voices opposition to ‘restrictive’ state bills
- Bath trustees hire staff for fire department
- Boston trustees discuss action to clear property
- Wadsworth judge presents annual report to Sharon trustees
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- University of Akron Symphony Orchestra - 3/6/2014
- 38th Cleveland International Film Festival Akron Preview Reception - 3/6/2014
- “All is Lost” - 3/6/2014
- Clearfork Bluegrass Quartet - 3/7/2014
- Dance Fever Open House - 3/7/2014