Leak prompts water shutoff in Copley
|Photo: Kathleen Folkerth|
Rick Forsythe, superintendent of the city of Akron Water Distribution, said the utility became aware of a leak in a valve of the 12-inch water main at South Cleveland-Massillon and Ridgewood roads around 8 a.m. that day. Crews shut down the line around 9:20 a.m., he said, and the repairs were completed around 1 p.m.
As a result of the water line shutoff, officials in the Copley-Fairlawn City School District dismissed students at the high school at 9:30 a.m., according to the district’s website.
Forsythe said residents and businesses in the vicinity of the water line and down Ridgewood Road to the west end of the road were affected by the shutoff.
Shown at right is a crew from Akron Public Utilities as they work to repair the problem.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Community News
- First major Akron CSO project underway
- Culture celebrated at Global Village Festival
- Some Council members awaiting CSO update
- Community Health Center celebrating 40 years
- St. Sebastian Parish School marking 85th anniversary
- County’s Personnel Committee ironing out employee benefits
- Bath purchasing larger recycling carts
- Boston trustees discuss Halloween activities
- Sharon trustees learn of successful charity garage sale
- Library celebrates milestones with party
- River cleanup volunteers needed
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- The Help - 9/19/2014
- Medina County Story Fest - 9/20/2014
- A Vision to Share, a Story to Tell - 9/20/2014
- “Deadly Murder” - 9/20/2014
- Using Ancestry in Your Genealogy Research - 9/20/2014