Public hearing on rezoning continued
Richfield Township trustees conducted a continuance of their public hearing on the proposed rezoning of property at Broadview and Boston roads March 21 and continued it again to an April meeting.
Zoning Inspector Laurie Pinney said eight people spoke in opposition to the rezoning during the hearing, which trustees continued from March 7. Pinney said those who spoke generally said they did not think the proposed use of the property fit with the character of the area.
Sam Petros and Neil Brennan applied in November 2012 to rezone the property on the southeast corner of the intersection from R-1 (Rural Residential) to C-1 (Local Commercial). The two notified trustees on the day of the most recent public hearing that they could not attend and asked that it be continued to the April 18 meeting at 6:30 p.m., which trustees did, Pinney said.
During the previous hearing, Pinney said the township Zoning Commission and Summit County Planning Commission had recommended trustees deny the rezoning request. Petros had said he and Brennan have struggled to find a viable use for the property since they bought it in 1996. After an attempt to use the property as a nursery found little success, the owners made a similar rezoning request in 1998. The trustees turned down that request, which led to a court battle.
At the previous hearing, Petros said the site could be used for a drugstore.
Trustees also conducted a meeting following the hearing, with no new business brought up and no significant action taken, Pinney said.
Trustees will next meet April 4 at 10 a.m. in Town Hall, 4410 W. Streetsboro Road. The April 18 meeting will also take place there.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Community News
- RNC delegates expected to stay in area
- New Firestone/Litchfield CLC nearing completion
- Akron Council hears juvenile court program info
- County Council gets health report from SCPH
- West Side News & Notes
- Towpath bridge investigation continues
- Falls Council honors student for generosity
- Norton Council discusses public health issues, sewer project
- Copley trustees move time of meetings
- Richfield Council considering agreement with Briarwood
- Richfield trustees thank out-going employee
- Granger officials respond to cemetery complaint
Calendar of Events
- GriefCare Place - 4/28/2016
- Book Sale - 4/28/2016
- Art by Deanna Clucas - 4/28/2016
- Double T Quilt Show - 4/28/2016
- Aroma Yoga: Slow Flow Class with Essential Oils - 4/28/2016