Fire destroys Copley barn
|Photos: Ken Love|
Several of the firefighters are pictured at middle right and bottom right working to put out the flames.
Copley Fire Chief Michael Benson reported fire operations went well and no one was hurt. The homeowner lost some chickens and pigeons, but donkeys got out safely and are temporarily housed with a neighbor. The barn, valued at $100,000, was a total loss, according to Benson. No one was at home in the house near the barn at the time of the fire, and firefighters sprayed it with water as a precaution, he added.
Benson stated the fire was extinguished thanks to help from neighboring fire departments that helped to provide the water flow needed (47,750 gallons total) to extinguish the flames. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- City plans Rolling Acres demolition
- Hardesty Park event attracts art fans
- Area shines bright during RNC week
- Copley Heritage Days featuring food, music, fun
- Copley students focus on helping North Korean refugees
- West Side News & Notes
- Falls’ leadership responds to police station incident
- Richfield police thankful for support from residents
- Richfield trustees discuss noxious weed enforcement
- Copley trustees weigh police, fire station plans
- Granger fire chief updates trustees on department issues
Calendar of Events
- Nashville Crush with Joshua Surgeon & The Dusty Bottoms - 7/29/2016
- Kathleen Worgul, Carol Klingel, Marjorie Dettling - 7/29/2016
- Three Points of View: Art by Kathleen Worgul, Carol Klingel, Marjorie Dettling - 7/29/2016
- Almost Queen (Queen tribute) with Chris Allen & The Guilty Hearts - 7/29/2016
- Chardon Polka Band - 7/29/2016