Three Copley teens honored as Eagle Scouts
|Photo courtesy of Janel Koellner|
Shown above, from left, are Mitchell Koellner, Vincent O’Leary and Chase Parker, with a plaque honoring 50 years of Eagle Scouts from Troop No. 382. The plaque, designed and crafted by Assistant Scoutmaster Shawn Robinette, was unveiled at the Eagle Court of Honor.
Chase, son of Steve and Diane Parker, of Copley, is a senior at Archbishop Hoban High School. His Eagle Scout project consisted of the design and construction of a paver walkway, sitting area and enhanced landscaping of the No. 2 hole on the city of Akron Good Park Golf Course. Chase plans to attend Kent State University, where he will be a member of the Golden Flashes men’s golf team.
Vincent, son of Mike and Wendy O’Leary, of Copley, is a senior at Copley High School. He installed flooring and trim and painted newly utilized spaces at Gennesaret’s headquarters in Downtown Akron for his Eagle Scout project. He plans to attend either the University of Toledo or The University of Akron after graduation.
Mitchell, son of Bruce and Janel Koellner, of Copley, is also a senior at Copley High School. Mitchell’s Eagle Scout project involved the design and construction of a covered archery range shelter at CYO Camp Christopher in Bath. He has received an appointment to the U.S. Military Academy at West Point.
All three Scouts began as Cub Scouts in Pack No. 3384 at Arrowhead Primary School and received the Arrow of Light award prior to crossing over to Boy Scout Troop No. 382.
More Community News
- Officials tell Akron Council Ebola risk low
- Fun treats found at Boo at the Zoo
- Health officials mobilize in wake of Ebola concerns
- Fairlawn officials still mulling rental property changes
- Charter change on ballot in Fairlawn
- Council hears reactions to five-year plan
- Norton approves resolutions thanking citizens for service
- Richfield trustees choose architect for service, administration center
- Trustees act on neighborhood traffic concerns
- Peninsula Council meets week after failing to make quorum
- Sharon trustees discuss solicitation incidents
- Bath trustees approve terminating agreement
- Burton D. Morgan Foundation extends support for entrepreneurship programs
- Fairlawn Heights neighbors host festival
- Sight-impaired children get tailored zoo experience
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- “Godzilla” - 10/23/2014
- Campfire: Northern Cheyenne Indians - 10/23/2014
- GriefCare Place - 10/23/2014
- The Tubes - 10/24/2014
- Tales for Tots - 10/24/2014