Three Copley teens honored as Eagle Scouts
|Photo courtesy of Janel Koellner|
Shown above, from left, are Mitchell Koellner, Vincent O’Leary and Chase Parker, with a plaque honoring 50 years of Eagle Scouts from Troop No. 382. The plaque, designed and crafted by Assistant Scoutmaster Shawn Robinette, was unveiled at the Eagle Court of Honor.
Chase, son of Steve and Diane Parker, of Copley, is a senior at Archbishop Hoban High School. His Eagle Scout project consisted of the design and construction of a paver walkway, sitting area and enhanced landscaping of the No. 2 hole on the city of Akron Good Park Golf Course. Chase plans to attend Kent State University, where he will be a member of the Golden Flashes men’s golf team.
Vincent, son of Mike and Wendy O’Leary, of Copley, is a senior at Copley High School. He installed flooring and trim and painted newly utilized spaces at Gennesaret’s headquarters in Downtown Akron for his Eagle Scout project. He plans to attend either the University of Toledo or The University of Akron after graduation.
Mitchell, son of Bruce and Janel Koellner, of Copley, is also a senior at Copley High School. Mitchell’s Eagle Scout project involved the design and construction of a covered archery range shelter at CYO Camp Christopher in Bath. He has received an appointment to the U.S. Military Academy at West Point.
All three Scouts began as Cub Scouts in Pack No. 3384 at Arrowhead Primary School and received the Arrow of Light award prior to crossing over to Boy Scout Troop No. 382.
More Community News
- Bath parks levy renewal on May ballot
- Area communities offering Safety Town
- Woodridge studying future of school buildings
- Council OKs new Dollar General in Merriman Valley
- Youth employment program getting on its way
- Falls Council OKs purchase for Electrical Department
- Norton Council accepts Moving Ohio Forward funds
- Boston trustees take step to clear property
- Sharon trustees discuss recent township break-ins
- Granger trustees approve tax abatement guidelines
- KAB names litter prevention campaign contest winners
- LaRose honors local youth
- YMCAs presenting Healthy Kids Day
- Montrose transportation meeting set for May 15
- United Way announces education investments, new funding strategy
- West Side News & Notes
- Green district seeking levy renewal
- Children celebrate Easter early
- Board strikes deal to keep fitness center running
- Springfield officer honored for service
- Grant possibility could increase police presence in Coventry
- Youth employment program on its way
- Rebuilding Together to improve nine area homes
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure - 4/23/2014
- Jeri Holland - 4/23/2014
- Blue Man Group - 4/23/2014
- Apollo’s Fire - 4/24/2014
- “Bye Bye Birdie” - 4/24/2014