Three Copley teens honored as Eagle Scouts
|Photo courtesy of Janel Koellner|
Shown above, from left, are Mitchell Koellner, Vincent O’Leary and Chase Parker, with a plaque honoring 50 years of Eagle Scouts from Troop No. 382. The plaque, designed and crafted by Assistant Scoutmaster Shawn Robinette, was unveiled at the Eagle Court of Honor.
Chase, son of Steve and Diane Parker, of Copley, is a senior at Archbishop Hoban High School. His Eagle Scout project consisted of the design and construction of a paver walkway, sitting area and enhanced landscaping of the No. 2 hole on the city of Akron Good Park Golf Course. Chase plans to attend Kent State University, where he will be a member of the Golden Flashes men’s golf team.
Vincent, son of Mike and Wendy O’Leary, of Copley, is a senior at Copley High School. He installed flooring and trim and painted newly utilized spaces at Gennesaret’s headquarters in Downtown Akron for his Eagle Scout project. He plans to attend either the University of Toledo or The University of Akron after graduation.
Mitchell, son of Bruce and Janel Koellner, of Copley, is also a senior at Copley High School. Mitchell’s Eagle Scout project involved the design and construction of a covered archery range shelter at CYO Camp Christopher in Bath. He has received an appointment to the U.S. Military Academy at West Point.
All three Scouts began as Cub Scouts in Pack No. 3384 at Arrowhead Primary School and received the Arrow of Light award prior to crossing over to Boy Scout Troop No. 382.
More Community News
- Local issues filed for November ballot
- Richfield celebrates annual Community Day
- James keeps focus on today’s youth at rally
- County Council committees back at work
- Heritage Woods residents ask for four-way stop at intersection
- Falls Council OKs contract to bring Menards to Graham Road
- Peninsula planning commission meetings moved
- Council addresses return of Richfield School bell
- Plans for administration building still being worked out
- Granger trustees considering proposal for conservatory
- Inaugural race, walk benefitting Akron Children’s PICU
- Elms students volunteer in New York
- West Side News & Notes
- Familiar face heading up Highland athletics
- Woodridge looking forward to competitive season
Calendar of Events
- Norma Wagner Uray: Fashion Illustrations - 8/21/2014
- Highland Book Club: “Trains and Lovers,” by Alexander McCall Smith - 8/21/2014
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation Support Group - 8/21/2014
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 8/21/2014
- GriefCare Place - 8/21/2014