Three Copley teens honored as Eagle Scouts
|Photo courtesy of Janel Koellner|
Shown above, from left, are Mitchell Koellner, Vincent O’Leary and Chase Parker, with a plaque honoring 50 years of Eagle Scouts from Troop No. 382. The plaque, designed and crafted by Assistant Scoutmaster Shawn Robinette, was unveiled at the Eagle Court of Honor.
Chase, son of Steve and Diane Parker, of Copley, is a senior at Archbishop Hoban High School. His Eagle Scout project consisted of the design and construction of a paver walkway, sitting area and enhanced landscaping of the No. 2 hole on the city of Akron Good Park Golf Course. Chase plans to attend Kent State University, where he will be a member of the Golden Flashes men’s golf team.
Vincent, son of Mike and Wendy O’Leary, of Copley, is a senior at Copley High School. He installed flooring and trim and painted newly utilized spaces at Gennesaret’s headquarters in Downtown Akron for his Eagle Scout project. He plans to attend either the University of Toledo or The University of Akron after graduation.
Mitchell, son of Bruce and Janel Koellner, of Copley, is also a senior at Copley High School. Mitchell’s Eagle Scout project involved the design and construction of a covered archery range shelter at CYO Camp Christopher in Bath. He has received an appointment to the U.S. Military Academy at West Point.
All three Scouts began as Cub Scouts in Pack No. 3384 at Arrowhead Primary School and received the Arrow of Light award prior to crossing over to Boy Scout Troop No. 382.
More Community News
- Akron mayor hints at future plans
- STVM rocketry students aiming for new heights
- Council disagrees on changing felon hiring policy
- Customers may get break on sewer fees
- Akron Urban League turns 90 this year
- West Side News & Notes
- City making plans to widen South Cleveland-Massillon Road
- Falls Council approves 2015 resurfacing program
- Norton Council discussing future pump station site
- Residents hope to overturn trustees’ approval of zoning change
- Richfield officials encourage help for Project Pride Cleanup
- Richfield trustees approve revised employee handbook
- Trustees introduced to new medication dispensing program
- Bath Elementary student’s cabbage earns him scholarship
Calendar of Events
- “Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day” - 3/26/2015
- Biohealth Micro-Art Show - 3/26/2015
- Akron Pops Orchestra - 3/26/2015
- Adventurers of the Year Amy and Dave Freeman - 3/27/2015
- Alice Tan Ridley - 3/27/2015