Three Copley teens honored as Eagle Scouts
|Photo courtesy of Janel Koellner|
Shown above, from left, are Mitchell Koellner, Vincent O’Leary and Chase Parker, with a plaque honoring 50 years of Eagle Scouts from Troop No. 382. The plaque, designed and crafted by Assistant Scoutmaster Shawn Robinette, was unveiled at the Eagle Court of Honor.
Chase, son of Steve and Diane Parker, of Copley, is a senior at Archbishop Hoban High School. His Eagle Scout project consisted of the design and construction of a paver walkway, sitting area and enhanced landscaping of the No. 2 hole on the city of Akron Good Park Golf Course. Chase plans to attend Kent State University, where he will be a member of the Golden Flashes men’s golf team.
Vincent, son of Mike and Wendy O’Leary, of Copley, is a senior at Copley High School. He installed flooring and trim and painted newly utilized spaces at Gennesaret’s headquarters in Downtown Akron for his Eagle Scout project. He plans to attend either the University of Toledo or The University of Akron after graduation.
Mitchell, son of Bruce and Janel Koellner, of Copley, is also a senior at Copley High School. Mitchell’s Eagle Scout project involved the design and construction of a covered archery range shelter at CYO Camp Christopher in Bath. He has received an appointment to the U.S. Military Academy at West Point.
All three Scouts began as Cub Scouts in Pack No. 3384 at Arrowhead Primary School and received the Arrow of Light award prior to crossing over to Boy Scout Troop No. 382.
More Community News
- Akron seeking help with ‘sensitive’ incidents
- King CLC opens to public
- Fire in Richfield destroys building, equipment
- Breaking Addiction Act gets partial support from Council
- APS focusing on digital needs, offerings
- Norton OKs fire truck purchase
- County ordinance may pave way for Copley flood relief
- Richfield trustees discuss recovery from recent fire
- Richfield Village assisting township with aid after fire
- Community input requested on land conservancy proposal
- Search for missing woman continues in CVNP
- West Side News & Notes
- Sheriff’s Office talks policing contract, sales tax with Coventry
- Community ‘quilt’ sculpture unveiled at art-A-palooza
- Green Council denies zoning for apartment complex
- New Franklin Council OKs lawsuit settlement
- County Council gives partial support to Breaking Addiction Act
- Spring Hill gets new playground
- ACF, city join to award grants for local neighborhoods
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- “The Boiling Point” - 9/2/2014
- Akron Symphony Chorus - 9/2/2014
- Wilco with special guest Bahamas - 9/4/2014
- Full Moon Labyrinth Walk Workshop: The Harvest Moon: “Sing, Dance and Celebrate” - 9/7/2014
- Open House - 9/7/2014