Coventry holds third community meeting
|Photos: Lew Stamp|
About 25 people attended the two-hour presentation at the Portage Lakes Kiwanis Civic Center and debated the issue with district officials and with each other.
District Treasurer Aaron Butts and Superintendent Russell Chaboudy, shown above, discussed the reasoning behind the combined issue. They explained the issue — with $11 million being offered by the state — specifically would fund improvements to the district’s deteriorating facilities and the construction of a new high school. Money generated also would be used to pay down the district’s debt associated with the maintenance of the schools, Butts said.
The 34-year bond issue and levy would cost $15.29 a month for someone younger than 65 who owns a home valued at $100,000, the treasurer has said. The cost for someone older than 65 who owns a $100,000 home would be $11.47 per month, he has said.
A question-and-answer period also was held.
Butt said officials specifically addressed the district’s stand on open enrollment, which allows tax money to follow a student to a district other than his or her own.
Voters who still have questions regarding the combined levy and bond issue are encouraged to contact the treasurer’s office at 330-644-1435.
More information on the levy also can be found at www.supportcoventry.com.
— By Emily Chesnic
More Community News
- RNC delegates expected to stay in area
- New Firestone/Litchfield CLC nearing completion
- Akron Council hears juvenile court program info
- County Council gets health report from SCPH
- West Side News & Notes
- Towpath bridge investigation continues
- Falls Council honors student for generosity
- Norton Council discusses public health issues, sewer project
- Copley trustees move time of meetings
- Richfield Council considering agreement with Briarwood
- Richfield trustees thank out-going employee
- Granger officials respond to cemetery complaint
Calendar of Events
- GriefCare Place - 4/28/2016
- Book Sale - 4/28/2016
- Art by Deanna Clucas - 4/28/2016
- Double T Quilt Show - 4/28/2016
- Aroma Yoga: Slow Flow Class with Essential Oils - 4/28/2016