Coventry holds third community meeting
|Photos: Lew Stamp|
About 25 people attended the two-hour presentation at the Portage Lakes Kiwanis Civic Center and debated the issue with district officials and with each other.
District Treasurer Aaron Butts and Superintendent Russell Chaboudy, shown above, discussed the reasoning behind the combined issue. They explained the issue — with $11 million being offered by the state — specifically would fund improvements to the district’s deteriorating facilities and the construction of a new high school. Money generated also would be used to pay down the district’s debt associated with the maintenance of the schools, Butts said.
The 34-year bond issue and levy would cost $15.29 a month for someone younger than 65 who owns a home valued at $100,000, the treasurer has said. The cost for someone older than 65 who owns a $100,000 home would be $11.47 per month, he has said.
A question-and-answer period also was held.
Butt said officials specifically addressed the district’s stand on open enrollment, which allows tax money to follow a student to a district other than his or her own.
Voters who still have questions regarding the combined levy and bond issue are encouraged to contact the treasurer’s office at 330-644-1435.
More information on the levy also can be found at www.supportcoventry.com.
— By Emily Chesnic
More Community News
- Health district moving to West Akron
- Runners get in Halloween spirit
- Granger voters to see road, fire levies on ballot
- Fire levy on ballot in Sharon
- West Akron man volunteering in Ghana
- Falls implementing civil dispute program
- Boston to receive funds from NPS
- Richfield mayor discusses village’s investments
- Granger trustees continue to review conservation easement
- Stow Court modernizing, shares info with Richfield Chamber
- OFSC presents funds to burn unit
- West Side News & Notes
- Lakemore asking voters to renew fire levy
- Acme celebrates opening
- Coventry trustees asking voters to support Issue 53
- Residents oppose proposed gas line through Green
- Springfield helping with Canton Road corridor work
- Health district readies for new home
- Green Fire named STEMI Award winner
- Green employee receives Patriot Award
- Students share green thumb efforts
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- “Godzilla” - 10/23/2014
- Campfire: Northern Cheyenne Indians - 10/23/2014
- GriefCare Place - 10/23/2014
- The Tubes - 10/24/2014
- Tales for Tots - 10/24/2014