Coventry holds third community meeting
|Photos: Lew Stamp|
About 25 people attended the two-hour presentation at the Portage Lakes Kiwanis Civic Center and debated the issue with district officials and with each other.
District Treasurer Aaron Butts and Superintendent Russell Chaboudy, shown above, discussed the reasoning behind the combined issue. They explained the issue — with $11 million being offered by the state — specifically would fund improvements to the district’s deteriorating facilities and the construction of a new high school. Money generated also would be used to pay down the district’s debt associated with the maintenance of the schools, Butts said.
The 34-year bond issue and levy would cost $15.29 a month for someone younger than 65 who owns a home valued at $100,000, the treasurer has said. The cost for someone older than 65 who owns a $100,000 home would be $11.47 per month, he has said.
A question-and-answer period also was held.
Butt said officials specifically addressed the district’s stand on open enrollment, which allows tax money to follow a student to a district other than his or her own.
Voters who still have questions regarding the combined levy and bond issue are encouraged to contact the treasurer’s office at 330-644-1435.
More information on the levy also can be found at www.supportcoventry.com.
— By Emily Chesnic
More Community News
- Council districts subject of opposing issues
- Fun in season at Ohio Mart
- Akron expanding Wallhaven business district
- Creator of Portage Path sculptures returning for lecture
- West Side News & Notes
- Veterans get helping hand
- County Council selling bonds for The Village at St. Edward
- Urban Ounce of Prevention festivities mark 25th anniversary
- Work on Route 18 nearing completion for 2015
- Sessions on retirement planned
- Akron SCORE celebrates anniversary
- Bath trustees OK payment for Heritage Corridors project
- Bath Community Fund celebrates success
- Richfield trustees support Issue 22
- Cuyahoga Falls billboards promote medical information program
- Council introduces vicious dog legislation
- Bulldog Dash raises funds for Green schools
- Springfield district seeking renewal of two levies
- County Council holds public hearing for sewer project
- Council districts subject of opposing ballot issues
- South Side News & Notes
- Summer sewer rate discussed in Akron
Calendar of Events
- An Evening of American Indian Arts - 10/13/2015
- Show and Tell Me a Story: for ages 1-3 - 10/13/2015
- Symphony Land Story Time with the Canton Symphony Orchestra - 10/13/2015
- Widows and Widowers Under 50 - 10/14/2015
- Know Your iPad; Searching the Internet - 10/14/2015