Granger trustees conduct routine business
The Granger Township Board of Trustees conducted routine business at the April 22 meeting.
The board agreed to schedule bidding for next year’s snow removal for the board’s first meeting in June. The bid notice will be posted twice. Fiscal Officer Barbara Beach said the price for salt and snow removal this past winter was $18,000 less than last winter.
In other business:
- The board agreed to purchase a white Chevrolet Silverado 2500 under a state bid of $22,565 to be used as a plow truck. Service Director Mark Novak said the price includes the delivery of the truck and is about $5,000 less than local dealers. Novak added that a plow will not be included with the truck.
- Novak discussed estimates of prices for berming various township roads.
- Fire Chief Jim Paulett announced a thank-you letter was sent to all the departments that assisted with a large fire that engulfed a wood lot between Remsen and Ledge roads April 7.
- The board approved a letter of resignation from Fire Department employee Michael Pertz and a leave of absence for employee Tamara Randles, as recommended by Paulett.
- The board agreed to upgrade the Fire Department’s thermal imaging cameras not to exceed $1,700 and approved a motion for the emergency purchase of a blower mower totaling about $1,262.
- The board discussed Granger’s annual Memorial Day ceremony, which will take place May 27 at Fairview Cemetery on Wilbur Road. Trustee Richard Pace announced Boy Scout Troop No. 511 is scheduled to present the wreath and recite the Gettysburg Address at the ceremony.
- The board agreed to add an additional portable restroom at the Granger Township Park. Trustee John Ginley said the restroom will cost no more than $500 to rent for the season.
- After conducting an executive session, trustees announced the dismissal of Granger Fire Department employee Barbara Lahaie.
The next Granger trustees’ meeting is scheduled for May 13 at 7:30 p.m. at the Granger Township Administration Building, 3717 Ridge Road.
More Community News
- Akron City Council OKs Wallhaven project
- Derby celebrates 78th year
- Districting proposal making its way to ballot
- Richfield celebrating Community Day events Aug. 7-9
- West Side News & Notes
- Confusion follows Falls Council’s charter change vote
- Boston optimistic with switch to RITA
- Richfield Village officials still considering water tower sites
- Leadership Akron selects members of new class
- Granger firefighters promoted to lieutenant rank
- Sanitarium scrapbook preservation in works
- Area diaper collection a success
Calendar of Events
- “Hairspray” - 7/31/2015
- Croquet in the Garden: ages 12-18 - 7/31/2015
- The Selfie Show - 7/31/2015
- Crayon Batiks by Lawrence Walker - 7/31/2015
- Greased Lightning - 7/31/2015