Granger students celebrate arts
|Photos courtesy of Highland Local Schools|
Granger’s annual “Celebration of the Arts” showcases artwork from the entire student body, which includes kindergarten through fifth grades, according to district officials. Each student prepared three pieces for the show and fourth-grade students performed a music concert at the culmination of the evening. This year’s theme for the show was “Australia — The Land Down Under.”
According to art teacher Joan Zacharias, students had been working on their various art projects since January.
Granger students, along with art teacher Zacharias, built a replica of an Australian hut in the entrance way of the school. Shown at right bottom, from left, are Zacharias and students Matthew K’Myer, Ananya Ramasamy and Allyson Perhacs.
Shown at right top, from left, are Granger students Addy Zugaro, Autumn Chorba and Brendan Rittman standing next to some of the artwork on display at the school.
More Community News
- Health officials probe hospital TB exposure
- Richfield Village kicks off jubilee year
- Falls forms team to address opiate addiction
- Kurt continues as Clerk of Courts
- Early meetings don’t dissuade Copley Key Club members
- West Side News & Notes
- Boston trustees honor community members
- Impact Award winners honored
- Bath trustees request intersection study
- Shapiro takes oath of office
- Mature Services receives grant for program
Calendar of Events
- Kids Yoga and Mindfulness: ages 7-10 - 1/19/2017
- “The Ditchdigger’s Daughter” - 1/19/2017
- “Top Hat” - 1/19/2017
- Reimagining the Civic Commons: with the #CreativeSummit Community - 1/19/2017
- 11th Annual Chili Challenge to benefit Akron Children’s Hospital’s Burn Unit - 1/20/2017