Volunteers clean city parks
|Photos courtesy of Alexia Harris|
The parks included in the effort were Hawkins, Morgan, Perkins Woods, Prentiss and Summit Lake. Volunteers picked up trash and debris from the parks, playgrounds and basketball courts; removed weeds; applied mulch; cleaned sliding boards; and sanitized handles and various surfaces on playground equipment, according to organizers.
Each volunteer received a bag with Earth Day facts and learned ways they could help maintain neighborhood parks and playgrounds, and passes to the Akron Zoo were raffled, as well as bird feeders and strawberry plants.
Shown at right are volunteers who helped clean up Hawkins Park.
More Community News
- Youth curfews in place for safety
- What’s curfew in your community?
- Good times roll at PorchRokr
- Bath police replacement levy before voters
- County Council removes ‘fair’ from ballot wording
- Granger cadet takes flight
- West Side News & Notes
- Essex blooms with community support
- Boston officials discuss issues with JEDD
- Scouts spruce up Norton Primary
- New recycling program successful in Sharon
Calendar of Events
- Tai Chi and Self Defense - 9/4/2015
- Lil’ Sprouts: age 3 and up - 9/4/2015
- The Machine with The Moxies - 9/4/2015
- Peninsula Flea - 9/5/2015
- History Hike - 9/5/2015