Volunteers clean city parks
|Photos courtesy of Alexia Harris|
The parks included in the effort were Hawkins, Morgan, Perkins Woods, Prentiss and Summit Lake. Volunteers picked up trash and debris from the parks, playgrounds and basketball courts; removed weeds; applied mulch; cleaned sliding boards; and sanitized handles and various surfaces on playground equipment, according to organizers.
Each volunteer received a bag with Earth Day facts and learned ways they could help maintain neighborhood parks and playgrounds, and passes to the Akron Zoo were raffled, as well as bird feeders and strawberry plants.
Shown at right are volunteers who helped clean up Hawkins Park.
More Community News
- Akron seeking help with ‘sensitive’ incidents
- King CLC opens to public
- Fire in Richfield destroys building, equipment
- Breaking Addiction Act gets partial support from Council
- APS focusing on digital needs, offerings
- Norton OKs fire truck purchase
- County ordinance may pave way for Copley flood relief
- Richfield trustees discuss recovery from recent fire
- Richfield Village assisting township with aid after fire
- Community input requested on land conservancy proposal
- Search for missing woman continues in CVNP
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- 11th Annual Juried Fiber Arts Show - 8/29/2014
- Texas Hold’em Afternoon - 8/29/2014
- A New Beginning - 8/30/2014
- “Ride” - 8/30/2014
- Get Acquainted With Bridge - 8/30/2014