Volunteers clean city parks
|Photos courtesy of Alexia Harris|
The parks included in the effort were Hawkins, Morgan, Perkins Woods, Prentiss and Summit Lake. Volunteers picked up trash and debris from the parks, playgrounds and basketball courts; removed weeds; applied mulch; cleaned sliding boards; and sanitized handles and various surfaces on playground equipment, according to organizers.
Each volunteer received a bag with Earth Day facts and learned ways they could help maintain neighborhood parks and playgrounds, and passes to the Akron Zoo were raffled, as well as bird feeders and strawberry plants.
Shown at right are volunteers who helped clean up Hawkins Park.
More Community News
- Revere student celebrates lifesaving actions of others
- Akron nondiscrimination law passed
- Falls Council OKs downtown transformation
- Copley HS teams in national engineering finals
- West Side News & Notes
- County predicts lower rates under new gas aggregation program
- Sparks fly due to Norton finance director’s email
- Trustees deny permit for bike event
- Richfield Village OKs rezoning, bonds for roadwork
- Granger resident shares concerns about school’s expansion
Calendar of Events
- Bringing Down the Dam - 3/30/2017
- “Trolls” - 3/30/2017
- Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous - 3/30/2017
- Hi-Fructose Storytelling with Wandering Aesthetics - 3/30/2017
- Woodland Garden and Wine Workshop - 3/30/2017