New Franklin Fire hosts practice burn
The practice burn began with firefighters lighting fires in the home using a propane torch. According to New Franklin Fire Chief Steve Leslie, 19 fires were started and then put out before the final big burn. Leslie added the last fire consumed the house by about 5 p.m.
A group of firemedics are pictured at top, as some of them watch others during the practice burn.
Pictured below is New Franklin firemedic Adam Guillod as he operates the pumper truck used in dousing the flames.
Another firemedic is pictured at right handling a hose during the drill.
Mayor Al Bollas said the practice burn was “very beneficial” and some area residents brought blankets and chairs to watch the firefighters at work.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Lew Stamp
More Community News
- Girls explore engineering careers
- County consumer protection gets attention
- Crown Point celebrating 25th year
- Local Women Who Care hoping to increase ranks
- Firestone Theatre one of first to stage ‘Mary Poppins’
- ACF announces record assets, awards $1.93 million in grants
- Akron Council voices opposition to ‘restrictive’ state bills
- Bath trustees hire staff for fire department
- Boston trustees discuss action to clear property
- Wadsworth judge presents annual report to Sharon trustees
- West Side News & Notes
- County’s consumer protection gets attention
- Green district celebrates education
- Springfield trustees eyeing new pumper
- Local man impacts mental health training worldwide
- Green students Do Something good
- Lakemore making progress with village deficit
- Jewish Community Board celebrates century
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Clearfork Bluegrass Quartet - 3/7/2014
- Dance Fever Open House - 3/7/2014
- James Renner - 3/7/2014
- Runa - 3/7/2014
- Jonathan Butler - 3/7/2014