New Franklin Fire hosts practice burn
The practice burn began with firefighters lighting fires in the home using a propane torch. According to New Franklin Fire Chief Steve Leslie, 19 fires were started and then put out before the final big burn. Leslie added the last fire consumed the house by about 5 p.m.
A group of firemedics are pictured at top, as some of them watch others during the practice burn.
Pictured below is New Franklin firemedic Adam Guillod as he operates the pumper truck used in dousing the flames.
Another firemedic is pictured at right handling a hose during the drill.
Mayor Al Bollas said the practice burn was “very beneficial” and some area residents brought blankets and chairs to watch the firefighters at work.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Lew Stamp
More Community News
- Akron to raise rental registration fee
- Jolly fun had at Christmas Jingle
- Residents seek to form watershed conservancy
- Grant puts road widening closer to reality
- Local Boy Scouts go on summer ‘high adventure trek’
- West Side News & Notes
- Millennium Fund awards grants
- Blood donation opportunities
- Tucker named new Akron fire chief
- CSO project underway this week
- Campaign provides light for end-of-life patients, remembers those who have died
- Free fire alarms, installation available from Red Cross
- County Council looking at cost of medicine at jail
- Burton D. Morgan Foundation grants awarded
- Fairlawn Holiday Lighting Contest to be judged Dec. 13
- Bath trustees considering proposal for observatory
- Richfield looking to bring back winter festival
- Richfield Village receives covenant not to sue under Ohio EPA Voluntary Action Program
- Granger trustees discuss cemetery, zoning fees
- Scout siblings earn awards
Calendar of Events
- “Finding Dory” - 12/8/2016
- Felted Beaded Necklace - 12/8/2016
- University of Akron Chamber Orchestra - 12/8/2016
- Handmade Gifts for the Holidays: ages 3-6 - 12/8/2016
- Baby Play - 12/8/2016