New Franklin Fire hosts practice burn
The practice burn began with firefighters lighting fires in the home using a propane torch. According to New Franklin Fire Chief Steve Leslie, 19 fires were started and then put out before the final big burn. Leslie added the last fire consumed the house by about 5 p.m.
A group of firemedics are pictured at top, as some of them watch others during the practice burn.
Pictured below is New Franklin firemedic Adam Guillod as he operates the pumper truck used in dousing the flames.
Another firemedic is pictured at right handling a hose during the drill.
Mayor Al Bollas said the practice burn was “very beneficial” and some area residents brought blankets and chairs to watch the firefighters at work.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Lew Stamp
More Community News
- Akron welcoming NBA star ‘back home’
- Old-fashioned carnival celebrates SCHS anniversary
- Woodridge bids farewell to board member
- APS board accepts donation from foundation
- Kids Month celebrated in August
- Boston trustees discuss issues with road project
- Sharon officials provide update on smell
- Falls drafts deal for development of Menards
- Norton working on flood control on Newpark Drive
- Granger Fire personnel sworn in
- Fairlawn officials investigating nightly room rentals in residences
- West Side News & Notes
- Springfield superintendent retiring
- Road resurfacing behind schedule in Coventry
- Pine Lake residents object to new Lauer Park entrance
Calendar of Events
- Mr. Bubble - 7/22/2014
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 7/22/2014
- A New Beginning - 7/23/2014
- 24th Annual AoRC Juried Show - 7/23/2014
- Music in the Meadow: Mo’ Mojo - 7/23/2014