New Franklin Fire hosts practice burn
The practice burn began with firefighters lighting fires in the home using a propane torch. According to New Franklin Fire Chief Steve Leslie, 19 fires were started and then put out before the final big burn. Leslie added the last fire consumed the house by about 5 p.m.
A group of firemedics are pictured at top, as some of them watch others during the practice burn.
Pictured below is New Franklin firemedic Adam Guillod as he operates the pumper truck used in dousing the flames.
Another firemedic is pictured at right handling a hose during the drill.
Mayor Al Bollas said the practice burn was “very beneficial” and some area residents brought blankets and chairs to watch the firefighters at work.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Lew Stamp
More Community News
- Moneypenny ready to take mayor’s seat
- Copley celebrates Memorial Day
- Founders’ Day will mark AA’s 80th year
- Shy shares credit for park district successes
- West Side News & Notes
- Copley asks Ohio Supreme Court to hear Rothrock appeal
- Historic designation sought for Keyser property
- Copley trustees approve building replacement
- Richfield police chief warns residents about burglars
- Richfield trustees discuss Crowell Hilaka property use
Calendar of Events
- “Dumb and Dumber To” - 5/28/2015
- Gordon Lightfoot - 5/28/2015
- Hearing Loss Support Group - 5/28/2015
- Computer Keyboard Basics, eLearning the Easy Way & Excel Basics - 5/28/2015
- Women’s Art League of Akron Member Show - 5/28/2015