New Franklin Fire hosts practice burn
The practice burn began with firefighters lighting fires in the home using a propane torch. According to New Franklin Fire Chief Steve Leslie, 19 fires were started and then put out before the final big burn. Leslie added the last fire consumed the house by about 5 p.m.
A group of firemedics are pictured at top, as some of them watch others during the practice burn.
Pictured below is New Franklin firemedic Adam Guillod as he operates the pumper truck used in dousing the flames.
Another firemedic is pictured at right handling a hose during the drill.
Mayor Al Bollas said the practice burn was “very beneficial” and some area residents brought blankets and chairs to watch the firefighters at work.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Lew Stamp
More Community News
- Health district moving to West Akron
- Runners get in Halloween spirit
- Granger voters to see road, fire levies on ballot
- Fire levy on ballot in Sharon
- West Akron man volunteering in Ghana
- Falls implementing civil dispute program
- Boston to receive funds from NPS
- Richfield mayor discusses village’s investments
- Granger trustees continue to review conservation easement
- Stow Court modernizing, shares info with Richfield Chamber
- OFSC presents funds to burn unit
- West Side News & Notes
- Lakemore asking voters to renew fire levy
- Acme celebrates opening
- Coventry trustees asking voters to support Issue 53
- Residents oppose proposed gas line through Green
- Springfield helping with Canton Road corridor work
- Health district readies for new home
- Green Fire named STEMI Award winner
- Green employee receives Patriot Award
- Students share green thumb efforts
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- “Godzilla” - 10/23/2014
- Campfire: Northern Cheyenne Indians - 10/23/2014
- GriefCare Place - 10/23/2014
- The Tubes - 10/24/2014
- Tales for Tots - 10/24/2014