New Franklin Fire hosts practice burn
The practice burn began with firefighters lighting fires in the home using a propane torch. According to New Franklin Fire Chief Steve Leslie, 19 fires were started and then put out before the final big burn. Leslie added the last fire consumed the house by about 5 p.m.
A group of firemedics are pictured at top, as some of them watch others during the practice burn.
Pictured below is New Franklin firemedic Adam Guillod as he operates the pumper truck used in dousing the flames.
Another firemedic is pictured at right handling a hose during the drill.
Mayor Al Bollas said the practice burn was “very beneficial” and some area residents brought blankets and chairs to watch the firefighters at work.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Lew Stamp
More Community News
- Mayor focuses on health care, environment
- Mustill Store opens for new season
- Norton voters to decide charter amendments
- Sheriff’s deputies receiving raises
- Council president refuses to mix with EACH investigation
- Fairlawn City Council OKs new deal with city’s police officers
- Richfield Village chief thanks employees for outfitting cruisers
- Trustees discuss concerns over crusher
- Bath approves new recycling agreement
- Copley looking for new bids for Community Center demolition
- Financial literacy classes offered
- Girls Scouts using grant for community service project
- GCEF awards funds for local Gay Games projects
- West Side News & Notes
- Development to offer luxury apartments
- Green seniors enjoy annual social
- Manchester district seeking renewal of levy
- New Franklin finance director now full time
- Sheriff’s deputies to receive raises
- South Side News & Notes
- Spring cleaning on tap for Lakemore
- Coventry school board places extended levy renewal on ballot
- Nimisila Reservoir Spring Cleanup coming
Calendar of Events
- A New Beginning - 4/16/2014
- Alzheimer’s Association Caregiver Support Group - 4/16/2014
- Helen Welch - 4/17/2014
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation Support Group - 4/17/2014
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 4/17/2014