Lakeside restroom now open
|Photo: Maria Lindsay|
A ribbon-cutting ceremony for the facility took place May 22 with Summit County Executive Russ Pry and township officials.
The building, shown above, offers separate men and women’s facilities and is compliant with the Americans With Disabilities Act, according to township officials. A privacy fence at the front soon will be added.
The facility was funded by a 2012 Summit County Community Development Block Grant of $80,000, with the township contributing another $20,000, according to township officials.
Before the restroom building was constructed, residents had to use one of three portable facilities set up in the area. Township officials said some of those will remain in place.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- Akron Council OKs Rockynol project permit
- Croghan Park rededicated
- Focus on speeding, other issues at Akron Caucus
- Bath Community Day is Aug. 2
- Summit, Medina fairs celebrate traditions
- Richfield fire chief commended for saving life
- Richfield trustees discuss mowing complaint
- Copley pet groomer reunites potbellied pig, owner
- West Side News & Notes
- West Side Education News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Mosaic Picture Frame for grades 5-12 - 7/24/2014
- Taste of Akron - 7/24/2014
- “Complaints of a Dutiful Daughter:” - 7/24/2014
- Downtown@Dusk: Horns and Things - 7/24/2014
- GriefCare Place - 7/24/2014