Lakeside restroom now open
|Photo: Maria Lindsay|
A ribbon-cutting ceremony for the facility took place May 22 with Summit County Executive Russ Pry and township officials.
The building, shown above, offers separate men and women’s facilities and is compliant with the Americans With Disabilities Act, according to township officials. A privacy fence at the front soon will be added.
The facility was funded by a 2012 Summit County Community Development Block Grant of $80,000, with the township contributing another $20,000, according to township officials.
Before the restroom building was constructed, residents had to use one of three portable facilities set up in the area. Township officials said some of those will remain in place.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- West Hill cell tower gets reluctant approval
- Watch[-]Toronto.Raptors,,.vs..Cleveland.Cavaliers,,Live.Streaming.Online.Free // [[Game.5]]2016!
- 93 Cents for Flight 93 to create mobile museum
- Fairlawn Council votes down two proposed charter changes
- Iraq War vet climbs to raise awareness about suicide
- West Side News & Notes
- Norton Girl Scouts help homeless students
- County moving forward on traffic study
- Bath trustees reject fact-finding report regarding IAFF
- Boston trustees address issues with salt for winter
- Sharon officials discuss proposed annexation of property
- Springfield considering trash aggregation
- Seniors dig improvements
- Lakemore seeks funds for lakefront playground
- Springfield district rededicates plaques
- RNC volunteers sought for Akron
- South Side News & Notes
- Animals die in fire at Springfield pet care business
- County looking to provide IT services to others
- Coventry trustees grant homeowner chance to repair home
- Akron plans to raise EMS fees
- Sibshop focused on siblings of special needs children
Calendar of Events
- Paws for Reading with Therapy Dogs Pepper and Rocky - 5/26/2016
- Metro Parks Family Tree: Seiberling Family - 5/26/2016
- “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay” - 5/26/2016
- Adult Ballet: Beginners class - 5/26/2016
- Play: Theatre Games with Wandering Aesthetics: ages 5-9 - 5/27/2016