Lakeside restroom now open
|Photo: Maria Lindsay|
A ribbon-cutting ceremony for the facility took place May 22 with Summit County Executive Russ Pry and township officials.
The building, shown above, offers separate men and women’s facilities and is compliant with the Americans With Disabilities Act, according to township officials. A privacy fence at the front soon will be added.
The facility was funded by a 2012 Summit County Community Development Block Grant of $80,000, with the township contributing another $20,000, according to township officials.
Before the restroom building was constructed, residents had to use one of three portable facilities set up in the area. Township officials said some of those will remain in place.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- City plans Rolling Acres demolition
- Hardesty Park event attracts art fans
- Area shines bright during RNC week
- Copley Heritage Days featuring food, music, fun
- Copley students focus on helping North Korean refugees
- West Side News & Notes
- Falls’ leadership responds to police station incident
- Richfield police thankful for support from residents
- Richfield trustees discuss noxious weed enforcement
- Copley trustees weigh police, fire station plans
- Granger fire chief updates trustees on department issues
Calendar of Events
- Nashville Crush with Joshua Surgeon & The Dusty Bottoms - 7/29/2016
- Kathleen Worgul, Carol Klingel, Marjorie Dettling - 7/29/2016
- Three Points of View: Art by Kathleen Worgul, Carol Klingel, Marjorie Dettling - 7/29/2016
- Almost Queen (Queen tribute) with Chris Allen & The Guilty Hearts - 7/29/2016
- Chardon Polka Band - 7/29/2016