Lakeside restroom now open
|Photo: Maria Lindsay|
A ribbon-cutting ceremony for the facility took place May 22 with Summit County Executive Russ Pry and township officials.
The building, shown above, offers separate men and women’s facilities and is compliant with the Americans With Disabilities Act, according to township officials. A privacy fence at the front soon will be added.
The facility was funded by a 2012 Summit County Community Development Block Grant of $80,000, with the township contributing another $20,000, according to township officials.
Before the restroom building was constructed, residents had to use one of three portable facilities set up in the area. Township officials said some of those will remain in place.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- State capital improvements issue on ballot
- Blue herons prepare for new arrivals
- West Akron rezoning request withdrawn
- Fundraisers for brain cancer research planned
- Eagle Scouts plan special trip to honor D-Day
- County Council considering raises for employees
- Fairlawn Police Department promotes five officers
- Peninsula Council approves agricultural district renewal
- Bath trustees conduct business for Revere students
- Dates set for annual Richfield community celebration
- Richfield trustees approve settlement for use of crusher
- Copley seeking new bids to raze Community Center
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Chuck Loeb, Everett Harp and Jeff Lorber - 4/25/2014
- Social Texas Hold ‘em for Seniors, - 4/25/2014
- Ballroom Nights - 4/25/2014
- How Sweet Was It? - 4/25/2014
- Akron Symphony Pops Orchestra - 4/25/2014