Lakeside restroom now open
|Photo: Maria Lindsay|
A ribbon-cutting ceremony for the facility took place May 22 with Summit County Executive Russ Pry and township officials.
The building, shown above, offers separate men and women’s facilities and is compliant with the Americans With Disabilities Act, according to township officials. A privacy fence at the front soon will be added.
The facility was funded by a 2012 Summit County Community Development Block Grant of $80,000, with the township contributing another $20,000, according to township officials.
Before the restroom building was constructed, residents had to use one of three portable facilities set up in the area. Township officials said some of those will remain in place.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- Dam removal leads to changes in river
- Menorah lights aglow
- County Council examines BOE, sheriff budgets
- Akron Council swears in two members early
- Local jumpers jazz up Macy’s Parade
- West Side News & Notes
- Giant Eagle requesting permit to expand beer, wine department
- Norton approves funds for building projects
- Bath trustees OK purchase of land near Bath Center site
- Boston trustees approve police contract with Peninsula
- Granger Fire purchasing equipment for EMS reports
- Sharon trustees continue to debate donations to SPCA
- Corbin Foundation awards grants
- Fall tax tips from IRS
Calendar of Events
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 12/5/2013
- University of Akron Symphony Orchestra - 12/5/2013
- Messy Playdate! - 12/5/2013
- “Employees’ Entrance” - 12/5/2013
- Akron Pops Orchestra - 12/5/2013