Artist donates Lincoln print to Fairlawn VFW
|Photo courtesy of Bruce Kilian|
Kilian said McFarland is a local artist whose work can be viewed at www.mcfarlandstudio.com.
Pictured above with the print, from left, are post members Jim Butler, Randolph Baxter, Kilian, Walt Chisholm, Harry Schwab, Warren Sheldon and Chaker Fadel.
Kilian said the post plans to display the painting at its banquets and events. He added the print was displayed during the VFW’s Buddy Poppy distribution during the Memorial Day weekend, as well as at the post’s Memorial Day service May 27 at Bicentennial Park. The service featured Fairlawn Mayor William Roth as the keynote speaker, as well as the city’s police and fire departments. The national anthem was sung by Mario Buchanan, a music major at The University of Akron, and Taps was performed by bugler Randolph Baxter, senior vice commander of the post.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Community News
- Youth curfews in place for safety
- What’s curfew in your community?
- Good times roll at PorchRokr
- Bath police replacement levy before voters
- County Council removes ‘fair’ from ballot wording
- Granger cadet takes flight
- West Side News & Notes
- Essex blooms with community support
- Boston officials discuss issues with JEDD
- Scouts spruce up Norton Primary
- New recycling program successful in Sharon
Calendar of Events
- Taste It and Make It Food Preparation Series - 9/3/2015
- “The Divergent Series: Insurgent” - 9/3/2015
- Hooked on Books: “My Antonia” by Willa Cather - 9/3/2015
- Small Footprint: Getting Started - 9/3/2015
- Tai Chi and Self Defense - 9/4/2015