Troop No. 380 Scouts earn Eagle award
|Photo courtesy of William Miller|
The three young men completed the required merit badges, community service projects and leadership requirements to earn this recognition.
Aaron’s service project was constructing an Outdoor Class study garden and tree planting adjacent to Copley High School. He has served as a section leader in the school marching band and plans to train as a wilderness photographer in college, according to troop officials.
Samuel, an honors student attending Archbishop Hoban High School, an all-around athlete and student leader, organized a project building an extensive french drain to permanently remove standing water from a large area that was otherwise impassable adjacent to St. Hilary School, according to troop officials. He plans to major in the medical and military fields in college.
Andrew is a Revere High School honors student and long-distance runner whose service project was building a large set of stairs connecting the two levels of the Environmental Garden adjacent to Bath Elementary School, according to troop officials. His project also included mulching the woodland trail and repairing and staining the bleachers and benches in the school’s outdoor training area. He will attend Bowling Green State University majoring in marine biology.
More than 160 members of Troop No. 380 have earned the Eagle award. Visitors are welcome to the troop’s regular meetings, which take place Mondays from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Montrose United Methodist Church, 565 N. Cleveland-Massillon Road.
More Community News
- Akron Council raises campaign limits
- Animals in need find home at Forever Amber Acres
- Mustard Seed eyes May opening in Highland Square
- Reentry Network offers safety net for parolees
- West Side News & Notes
- Celebrate with religious sights, sounds
- Reentry Network announces 2015 programs
- Cub Scouts participate in ‘Operation Smile’
- Fairlawn officials remember former Council member
- OWRC installs 2015 officers
- Bath trustees reject fact-finder’s report
- Boston officials discuss new tax collection agency
- Sharon trustees revisit resurfacing agreement
- Hattie Larlham gets early Christmas gift
- Norton officers take part in Shop with a Cop
- Norton food drive to help families
- Lakemore Council bids farewell to solicitor
- Santas spreading holiday cheer with Kiwanis events
- Coventry still mulling Sheriff’s Office contract
- Coventry superintendent tackling negativity
- Green students give back to community
- Springfield trustees approve zoning change
- Akron raises campaign limits, OKs body camera trial
- Manchester senior earns Eagle Scout rank
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Holiday Open House - 12/20/2014
- Wildlife and Wood Workshop: Bird Feeder - 12/20/2014
- Sweat Lodge Ceremony - 12/20/2014
- Ugly Sweater Hike and Fire - 12/20/2014
- Hiking for the Health of It - 12/20/2014