Troop No. 380 Scouts earn Eagle award
|Photo courtesy of William Miller|
The three young men completed the required merit badges, community service projects and leadership requirements to earn this recognition.
Aaron’s service project was constructing an Outdoor Class study garden and tree planting adjacent to Copley High School. He has served as a section leader in the school marching band and plans to train as a wilderness photographer in college, according to troop officials.
Samuel, an honors student attending Archbishop Hoban High School, an all-around athlete and student leader, organized a project building an extensive french drain to permanently remove standing water from a large area that was otherwise impassable adjacent to St. Hilary School, according to troop officials. He plans to major in the medical and military fields in college.
Andrew is a Revere High School honors student and long-distance runner whose service project was building a large set of stairs connecting the two levels of the Environmental Garden adjacent to Bath Elementary School, according to troop officials. His project also included mulching the woodland trail and repairing and staining the bleachers and benches in the school’s outdoor training area. He will attend Bowling Green State University majoring in marine biology.
More than 160 members of Troop No. 380 have earned the Eagle award. Visitors are welcome to the troop’s regular meetings, which take place Mondays from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Montrose United Methodist Church, 565 N. Cleveland-Massillon Road.
More Community News
- Akron welcoming NBA star ‘back home’
- Old-fashioned carnival celebrates SCHS anniversary
- Woodridge bids farewell to board member
- APS board accepts donation from foundation
- Kids Month celebrated in August
- Boston trustees discuss issues with road project
- Sharon officials provide update on smell
- Falls drafts deal for development of Menards
- Norton working on flood control on Newpark Drive
- Granger Fire personnel sworn in
- Fairlawn officials investigating nightly room rentals in residences
- West Side News & Notes
- Springfield superintendent retiring
- Road resurfacing behind schedule in Coventry
- Pine Lake residents object to new Lauer Park entrance
Calendar of Events
- A New Beginning - 7/23/2014
- 24th Annual AoRC Juried Show - 7/23/2014
- Music in the Meadow: Mo’ Mojo - 7/23/2014
- Mosaic Picture Frame for grades 5-12 - 7/24/2014
- Taste of Akron - 7/24/2014