Troop No. 380 Scouts earn Eagle award
|Photo courtesy of William Miller|
The three young men completed the required merit badges, community service projects and leadership requirements to earn this recognition.
Aaron’s service project was constructing an Outdoor Class study garden and tree planting adjacent to Copley High School. He has served as a section leader in the school marching band and plans to train as a wilderness photographer in college, according to troop officials.
Samuel, an honors student attending Archbishop Hoban High School, an all-around athlete and student leader, organized a project building an extensive french drain to permanently remove standing water from a large area that was otherwise impassable adjacent to St. Hilary School, according to troop officials. He plans to major in the medical and military fields in college.
Andrew is a Revere High School honors student and long-distance runner whose service project was building a large set of stairs connecting the two levels of the Environmental Garden adjacent to Bath Elementary School, according to troop officials. His project also included mulching the woodland trail and repairing and staining the bleachers and benches in the school’s outdoor training area. He will attend Bowling Green State University majoring in marine biology.
More than 160 members of Troop No. 380 have earned the Eagle award. Visitors are welcome to the troop’s regular meetings, which take place Mondays from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Montrose United Methodist Church, 565 N. Cleveland-Massillon Road.
More Community News
- Moneypenny ready to take mayor’s seat
- Copley celebrates Memorial Day
- Founders’ Day will mark AA’s 80th year
- Shy shares credit for park district successes
- West Side News & Notes
- Copley asks Ohio Supreme Court to hear Rothrock appeal
- Historic designation sought for Keyser property
- Copley trustees approve building replacement
- Richfield police chief warns residents about burglars
- Richfield trustees discuss Crowell Hilaka property use
- Council reviews rebids for Central Park
- Green celebrates Memorial Day
- New Franklin sinks idea for Tudor House dock
- Green assistant fire chief retiring
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure - 5/30/2015
- Yoga for Kids: ages 6-10 - 5/30/2015
- Archery Games for Kids: ages 9-12 - 5/30/2015
- Warm and Hot in Peninsula - 5/30/2015
- Doo Wop Legends in Concert - 5/30/2015