Troop No. 380 Scouts earn Eagle award
|Photo courtesy of William Miller|
The three young men completed the required merit badges, community service projects and leadership requirements to earn this recognition.
Aaron’s service project was constructing an Outdoor Class study garden and tree planting adjacent to Copley High School. He has served as a section leader in the school marching band and plans to train as a wilderness photographer in college, according to troop officials.
Samuel, an honors student attending Archbishop Hoban High School, an all-around athlete and student leader, organized a project building an extensive french drain to permanently remove standing water from a large area that was otherwise impassable adjacent to St. Hilary School, according to troop officials. He plans to major in the medical and military fields in college.
Andrew is a Revere High School honors student and long-distance runner whose service project was building a large set of stairs connecting the two levels of the Environmental Garden adjacent to Bath Elementary School, according to troop officials. His project also included mulching the woodland trail and repairing and staining the bleachers and benches in the school’s outdoor training area. He will attend Bowling Green State University majoring in marine biology.
More than 160 members of Troop No. 380 have earned the Eagle award. Visitors are welcome to the troop’s regular meetings, which take place Mondays from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Montrose United Methodist Church, 565 N. Cleveland-Massillon Road.
More Community News
- State capital improvements issue on ballot
- Blue herons prepare for new arrivals
- West Akron rezoning request withdrawn
- Fundraisers for brain cancer research planned
- Eagle Scouts plan special trip to honor D-Day
- County Council considering raises for employees
- Fairlawn Police Department promotes five officers
- Peninsula Council approves agricultural district renewal
- Bath trustees conduct business for Revere students
- Dates set for annual Richfield community celebration
- Richfield trustees approve settlement for use of crusher
- Copley seeking new bids to raze Community Center
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Apollo’s Fire - 4/24/2014
- “Bye Bye Birdie” - 4/24/2014
- Alzheimer’s Association Caregiver Support Group - 4/24/2014
- Delicious, Healthful Olive Oil - 4/24/2014
- Open House - 4/24/2014