Troop No. 380 Scouts earn Eagle award
|Photo courtesy of William Miller|
The three young men completed the required merit badges, community service projects and leadership requirements to earn this recognition.
Aaron’s service project was constructing an Outdoor Class study garden and tree planting adjacent to Copley High School. He has served as a section leader in the school marching band and plans to train as a wilderness photographer in college, according to troop officials.
Samuel, an honors student attending Archbishop Hoban High School, an all-around athlete and student leader, organized a project building an extensive french drain to permanently remove standing water from a large area that was otherwise impassable adjacent to St. Hilary School, according to troop officials. He plans to major in the medical and military fields in college.
Andrew is a Revere High School honors student and long-distance runner whose service project was building a large set of stairs connecting the two levels of the Environmental Garden adjacent to Bath Elementary School, according to troop officials. His project also included mulching the woodland trail and repairing and staining the bleachers and benches in the school’s outdoor training area. He will attend Bowling Green State University majoring in marine biology.
More than 160 members of Troop No. 380 have earned the Eagle award. Visitors are welcome to the troop’s regular meetings, which take place Mondays from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Montrose United Methodist Church, 565 N. Cleveland-Massillon Road.
More Community News
- County notes success of Gay Games
- Copley fathers, sons hike Grand Canyon rim to rim
- Fairlawn updating rental, housing code
- Church offering English as second language classes
- Medina County hiking program begins Sept. 1
- Bath board approves road improvements, trail construction
- Boston officials discuss new safety measures
- Sharon Fire adding new shift
- Red Cross names interim chapter executive
- JLA accepts grant for Kids in the Kitchen project
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Saturday Dance and Gymnastics - 8/23/2014
- Sixth Medina International Fest - 8/23/2014
- 24th Annual AoRC Juried Show - 8/23/2014
- “Relatively Speaking” by Alan Ayckbourn - 8/24/2014
- Hudson Stamp Show - 8/24/2014