Relay For Life marches to success
She said the event raised $24,000 to support cancer research and provide assistance to those with the disease. The event was held June 14-15 on the grounds of the Akron General Health and Wellness Center — Green.
“It was awesome,” said Jesser-Ringer. “So many guests made it memorable.”
Jesser-Ringer is shown above, at left, along with, from left, Green Mayor Dick Norton, Ohio Department of Insurance Director and Lt. Gov. Mary Taylor and Green High School senior Dara Willis, who sang the national anthem. Jeanne Greco, who chaired the first Relay For Life in Green event 11 years ago, is shown speaking.
After opening ceremonies, the Relay For Life event began with cancer survivors taking the first lap, pictured at top, accompanied by Ohio Legends Football team members.
Shown at left is cancer survivor Jerry Prahl as he crosses the finish line with his wife, Beverly, and Ohio Legends head coach Tom Jackson. They are greeted by 8 Count Dance Studio students.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Dale Dong
More Community News
- Downtown Akron retail, housing planned
- Sharon kicks off Christmas season
- Litchfield CLC accepted into IB program
- State auditor releases special report on open enrollment
- Falls Council hears utility audit report
- West Side News & Notes
- ADM Services Board recognizes Trailblazers
- Work on 2017 county budget continues
- Boston trustees discuss business not registered in JEDD
- Bath trustees reduce speed limit on Bonnebrook
- Bath Community Fund awards first grants
- Sharon trustees discuss Eagle Scout project
- Auditor releases report on open enrollment
- Lakemore lights up for holidays
- Downtown retail, housing planned on South Main
- Springfield district planning stadium improvements
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Dick Cooper Holiday Concert - 12/5/2016
- Cuyahoga Falls Community Band and Chorus Holiday Concert: - 12/5/2016
- Elf on a Shelf - 12/5/2016
- Cardio Hike - 12/5/2016
- “Spring Awakening” - 12/6/2016