Relay For Life marches to success
She said the event raised $24,000 to support cancer research and provide assistance to those with the disease. The event was held June 14-15 on the grounds of the Akron General Health and Wellness Center — Green.
“It was awesome,” said Jesser-Ringer. “So many guests made it memorable.”
Jesser-Ringer is shown above, at left, along with, from left, Green Mayor Dick Norton, Ohio Department of Insurance Director and Lt. Gov. Mary Taylor and Green High School senior Dara Willis, who sang the national anthem. Jeanne Greco, who chaired the first Relay For Life in Green event 11 years ago, is shown speaking.
After opening ceremonies, the Relay For Life event began with cancer survivors taking the first lap, pictured at top, accompanied by Ohio Legends Football team members.
Shown at left is cancer survivor Jerry Prahl as he crosses the finish line with his wife, Beverly, and Ohio Legends head coach Tom Jackson. They are greeted by 8 Count Dance Studio students.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Dale Dong
More Community News
- Moneypenny ready to take mayor’s seat
- Copley celebrates Memorial Day
- Founders’ Day will mark AA’s 80th year
- Shy shares credit for park district successes
- West Side News & Notes
- Copley asks Ohio Supreme Court to hear Rothrock appeal
- Historic designation sought for Keyser property
- Copley trustees approve building replacement
- Richfield police chief warns residents about burglars
- Richfield trustees discuss Crowell Hilaka property use
Calendar of Events
- Kinderealm: Migration: for ages 3-6 - 5/29/2015
- Cuyahoga Valley Photographic Society - 5/29/2015
- Any Way You Want It with Broken Promise - 5/29/2015
- Full Moon Fever with Mo Mojo - 5/29/2015
- A New Adventure - 5/30/2015