Officials dedicate CG&FS Central Office
|Photo courtesy of Child Guidance & Family Solutions|
Pictured above are, from left, Elaine Harlin, CG&FS president; Mike Wojno, chairman, CG&FS Board of Trustees; Kimball Firestone, past president, CG&FS Board of Trustees and 1967 Building Campaign co-chair; Russ Pry, Summit County executive; Ohio Lt. Gov. Mary Taylor; Akron Planning Director Marco Sommerville; Terry Russell, executive director, National Alliance on Mental Illness — Ohio Chapter; Mark Clark, past president, CG&FS Board of Trustees and 2012 CG&FS Capital Campaign co-chair; and Cathy Clark, 2012 CG&FS Capital Campaign co-chair.
The new 25,000-square-foot, $5.25 million facility is located on North Forge Street and is part of Akron’s Biomedical Corridor.
“The new facility dedicated today is significant for the children of Summit County coping with mental illness and behavioral challenges,” said Taylor, of Green. “Seeing the community and the state come together to bring resources to those in need shows just how much we can achieve when we share a common goal. Gov. [John] Kasich and I will continue our work to help Ohio’s most vulnerable and their families get the care, treatment and support they need.”
Harlin thanked attendees for joining in to “celebrate a new chapter in the rich history that has made CG&FS a part of this great community for nearly 75 years.”
Russell presented the keynote address, “Children & Mental Illness: the challenges, the opportunities, the future.”
After the dedication, guests toured the building, which features spacious waiting areas, specialty areas for sandtray and play therapy, and expanded space for family therapy. The new location also features a children’s playground, expanded parking and easy accessibility to major highways and public transportation.
For more information, call 330-762-0591 or visit www.cgfs.org.
More Community News
- Akron welcoming NBA star ‘back home’
- Old-fashioned carnival celebrates SCHS anniversary
- Woodridge bids farewell to board member
- APS board accepts donation from foundation
- Kids Month celebrated in August
- Boston trustees discuss issues with road project
- Sharon officials provide update on smell
- Falls drafts deal for development of Menards
- Norton working on flood control on Newpark Drive
- Granger Fire personnel sworn in
- Fairlawn officials investigating nightly room rentals in residences
- West Side News & Notes
- Springfield superintendent retiring
- Road resurfacing behind schedule in Coventry
- Pine Lake residents object to new Lauer Park entrance
Calendar of Events
- A New Beginning - 7/23/2014
- 24th Annual AoRC Juried Show - 7/23/2014
- Music in the Meadow: Mo’ Mojo - 7/23/2014
- Mosaic Picture Frame for grades 5-12 - 7/24/2014
- Taste of Akron - 7/24/2014