Officials dedicate CG&FS Central Office
|Photo courtesy of Child Guidance & Family Solutions|
Pictured above are, from left, Elaine Harlin, CG&FS president; Mike Wojno, chairman, CG&FS Board of Trustees; Kimball Firestone, past president, CG&FS Board of Trustees and 1967 Building Campaign co-chair; Russ Pry, Summit County executive; Ohio Lt. Gov. Mary Taylor; Akron Planning Director Marco Sommerville; Terry Russell, executive director, National Alliance on Mental Illness — Ohio Chapter; Mark Clark, past president, CG&FS Board of Trustees and 2012 CG&FS Capital Campaign co-chair; and Cathy Clark, 2012 CG&FS Capital Campaign co-chair.
The new 25,000-square-foot, $5.25 million facility is located on North Forge Street and is part of Akron’s Biomedical Corridor.
“The new facility dedicated today is significant for the children of Summit County coping with mental illness and behavioral challenges,” said Taylor, of Green. “Seeing the community and the state come together to bring resources to those in need shows just how much we can achieve when we share a common goal. Gov. [John] Kasich and I will continue our work to help Ohio’s most vulnerable and their families get the care, treatment and support they need.”
Harlin thanked attendees for joining in to “celebrate a new chapter in the rich history that has made CG&FS a part of this great community for nearly 75 years.”
Russell presented the keynote address, “Children & Mental Illness: the challenges, the opportunities, the future.”
After the dedication, guests toured the building, which features spacious waiting areas, specialty areas for sandtray and play therapy, and expanded space for family therapy. The new location also features a children’s playground, expanded parking and easy accessibility to major highways and public transportation.
For more information, call 330-762-0591 or visit www.cgfs.org.
More Community News
- Downtown Akron retail, housing planned
- Sharon kicks off Christmas season
- Litchfield CLC accepted into IB program
- State auditor releases special report on open enrollment
- Falls Council hears utility audit report
- West Side News & Notes
- ADM Services Board recognizes Trailblazers
- Work on 2017 county budget continues
- Boston trustees discuss business not registered in JEDD
- Bath trustees reduce speed limit on Bonnebrook
- Bath Community Fund awards first grants
- Sharon trustees discuss Eagle Scout project
- Auditor releases report on open enrollment
- Lakemore lights up for holidays
- Downtown retail, housing planned on South Main
- Springfield district planning stadium improvements
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Gardening Through the Year: Wreath Making - 12/4/2016
- ”Nutcracker” - 12/4/2016
- University of Akron Choirs: ‘Tis the Season - 12/4/2016
- Dixieland Jazz Concert - 12/4/2016
- Crafty Mart Presents Cottage Mart - 12/4/2016