Happy Fourth of July!
The evening began with music from the Brass Band of the Western Reserve, which performed at Bicentennial Park, as shown below. The crowd at the park, and many positioned throughout the city, enjoyed the fireworks that followed, some of which are shown above and at right.
The city will continue the celebration today, July 4, as its annual July 4 parade steps off from Fairlawn Town Centre at 6:30 p.m. and heads west on West Market Street to the Dillard’s parking lot at Summit Mall.
Also July 4, spectators can enjoy fireworks in Downtown Akron at the Rib, White and Blue Festival or at Blossom Music Center in Cuyahoga Falls with the Cleveland Orchestra. For a list of area events, see the June 27 edition of the West Side Leader or the archives at www.akron.com.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Dale Dong
More Community News
- Akron seeking help with ‘sensitive’ incidents
- King CLC opens to public
- Fire in Richfield destroys building, equipment
- Breaking Addiction Act gets partial support from Council
- APS focusing on digital needs, offerings
- Norton OKs fire truck purchase
- County ordinance may pave way for Copley flood relief
- Richfield trustees discuss recovery from recent fire
- Richfield Village assisting township with aid after fire
- Community input requested on land conservancy proposal
- Search for missing woman continues in CVNP
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- “Divergent” - 8/28/2014
- 11th Annual Juried Fiber Arts Show - 8/29/2014
- Texas Hold’em Afternoon - 8/29/2014
- A New Beginning - 8/30/2014
- Outdoor Yoga - 8/30/2014