Happy Fourth of July!
The evening began with music from the Brass Band of the Western Reserve, which performed at Bicentennial Park, as shown below. The crowd at the park, and many positioned throughout the city, enjoyed the fireworks that followed, some of which are shown above and at right.
The city will continue the celebration today, July 4, as its annual July 4 parade steps off from Fairlawn Town Centre at 6:30 p.m. and heads west on West Market Street to the Dillard’s parking lot at Summit Mall.
Also July 4, spectators can enjoy fireworks in Downtown Akron at the Rib, White and Blue Festival or at Blossom Music Center in Cuyahoga Falls with the Cleveland Orchestra. For a list of area events, see the June 27 edition of the West Side Leader or the archives at www.akron.com.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Dale Dong
More Community News
- Portage Crossing coming to life
- Glowing lights shine at Holiday Tree Festival
- Norton police chief sworn in
- Akron addressing daytime burglaries
- Wanted: Holiday volunteers
- Council supports grant application for Richfield site
- Skaters, hockey players to benefit from plow purchase
- Richfield reviewing proposed guidelines for historic district
- Richfield trustees review proposals for police, fire contracts
- Granger trustees agree Brenelle Lane should not be terminated
- Turkeys common in Metro Parks
- West Side News & Notes
- Residents want safer Myersville Road
- Coventry Fire helping those in need
- New Franklin officials address increasing revenue
- Council supports grant application for Coventry bog
- Akron Council committee supports Safe Routes to School plan
- ‘Light up a Life’ benefits Hospice of VNS
- Akron Children’s Pediatrics in Green moves
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Pre-Holiday Book Sale - 11/26/2014
- Nature Drawing for Adults - 11/26/2014
- Joseph Arthur - 11/26/2014
- Mo Mojo - 11/26/2014
- History Hike - 11/28/2014