Happy Fourth of July!
The evening began with music from the Brass Band of the Western Reserve, which performed at Bicentennial Park, as shown below. The crowd at the park, and many positioned throughout the city, enjoyed the fireworks that followed, some of which are shown above and at right.
The city will continue the celebration today, July 4, as its annual July 4 parade steps off from Fairlawn Town Centre at 6:30 p.m. and heads west on West Market Street to the Dillard’s parking lot at Summit Mall.
Also July 4, spectators can enjoy fireworks in Downtown Akron at the Rib, White and Blue Festival or at Blossom Music Center in Cuyahoga Falls with the Cleveland Orchestra. For a list of area events, see the June 27 edition of the West Side Leader or the archives at www.akron.com.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Dale Dong
More Community News
- Council districts subject of opposing issues
- Fun in season at Ohio Mart
- Akron expanding Wallhaven business district
- Creator of Portage Path sculptures returning for lecture
- West Side News & Notes
- Veterans get helping hand
- County Council selling bonds for The Village at St. Edward
- Urban Ounce of Prevention festivities mark 25th anniversary
- Work on Route 18 nearing completion for 2015
- Sessions on retirement planned
- Akron SCORE celebrates anniversary
- Bath trustees OK payment for Heritage Corridors project
- Bath Community Fund celebrates success
- Richfield trustees support Issue 22
- Cuyahoga Falls billboards promote medical information program
Calendar of Events
- Cooking Seminar and Happy Hour - 10/8/2015
- Healthy Strides Hike and Talk - 10/8/2015
- National Depression Screening Day - 10/8/2015
- Creative Writing for Homeschoolers: ages 8 to 12 - 10/8/2015
- “Avengers: Age of Ultron” - 10/8/2015