Happy Fourth of July!
The evening began with music from the Brass Band of the Western Reserve, which performed at Bicentennial Park, as shown below. The crowd at the park, and many positioned throughout the city, enjoyed the fireworks that followed, some of which are shown above and at right.
The city will continue the celebration today, July 4, as its annual July 4 parade steps off from Fairlawn Town Centre at 6:30 p.m. and heads west on West Market Street to the Dillard’s parking lot at Summit Mall.
Also July 4, spectators can enjoy fireworks in Downtown Akron at the Rib, White and Blue Festival or at Blossom Music Center in Cuyahoga Falls with the Cleveland Orchestra. For a list of area events, see the June 27 edition of the West Side Leader or the archives at www.akron.com.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Dale Dong
More Community News
- Downtown Akron retail, housing planned
- Sharon kicks off Christmas season
- Litchfield CLC accepted into IB program
- State auditor releases special report on open enrollment
- Falls Council hears utility audit report
- West Side News & Notes
- ADM Services Board recognizes Trailblazers
- Work on 2017 county budget continues
- Boston trustees discuss business not registered in JEDD
- Bath trustees reduce speed limit on Bonnebrook
- Bath Community Fund awards first grants
- Sharon trustees discuss Eagle Scout project
- Auditor releases report on open enrollment
- Lakemore lights up for holidays
- Downtown retail, housing planned on South Main
- Springfield district planning stadium improvements
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Gardening Through the Year: Wreath Making - 12/4/2016
- ”Nutcracker” - 12/4/2016
- University of Akron Choirs: ‘Tis the Season - 12/4/2016
- Dixieland Jazz Concert - 12/4/2016
- Crafty Mart Presents Cottage Mart - 12/4/2016