Cascade Locks’ Canal Fest was fun for all
Volunteer Terry Brown, of Akron, was positioned at the end of the race, as shown below, to pull the winning duck, whose sponsor, Carey Rogers, won a ride on the Akron Children’s Hospital Air Bear helicopter.
The day also featured fun activities for children and adults. Olivia Kirschbaum, 13, of West Akron, enjoyed having her caricature drawn by artist Jim Weckbacher, of West Akron, as pictured at right top.
Spectators also enjoyed music by acts such as The Mickeys, based in Highland Square. Band members Wayne Marks, Mick Hurray and Anne Alexander are shown at right middle, from left, as Emma Mustill, the Mustill Store owner played by Rosemary Reymann, listens as she would have in the 1870s.
Also on hand to entertain were performers with the Magical Theatre Company, who are shown at right bottom as they work with audience members on a skit.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Ken Crisafi
More Community News
- County notes success of Gay Games
- Copley fathers, sons hike Grand Canyon rim to rim
- Fairlawn updating rental, housing code
- Church offering English as second language classes
- Medina County hiking program begins Sept. 1
- Bath board approves road improvements, trail construction
- Boston officials discuss new safety measures
- Sharon Fire adding new shift
- Red Cross names interim chapter executive
- JLA accepts grant for Kids in the Kitchen project
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Saturday Dance and Gymnastics - 8/23/2014
- Sixth Medina International Fest - 8/23/2014
- 24th Annual AoRC Juried Show - 8/23/2014
- “Relatively Speaking” by Alan Ayckbourn - 8/24/2014
- Hudson Stamp Show - 8/24/2014