Cascade Locks’ Canal Fest was fun for all
Volunteer Terry Brown, of Akron, was positioned at the end of the race, as shown below, to pull the winning duck, whose sponsor, Carey Rogers, won a ride on the Akron Children’s Hospital Air Bear helicopter.
The day also featured fun activities for children and adults. Olivia Kirschbaum, 13, of West Akron, enjoyed having her caricature drawn by artist Jim Weckbacher, of West Akron, as pictured at right top.
Spectators also enjoyed music by acts such as The Mickeys, based in Highland Square. Band members Wayne Marks, Mick Hurray and Anne Alexander are shown at right middle, from left, as Emma Mustill, the Mustill Store owner played by Rosemary Reymann, listens as she would have in the 1870s.
Also on hand to entertain were performers with the Magical Theatre Company, who are shown at right bottom as they work with audience members on a skit.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Ken Crisafi
More Community News
- Health officials probe hospital TB exposure
- Richfield Village kicks off jubilee year
- Falls forms team to address opiate addiction
- Kurt continues as Clerk of Courts
- Early meetings don’t dissuade Copley Key Club members
- West Side News & Notes
- Boston trustees honor community members
- Impact Award winners honored
- Bath trustees request intersection study
- Shapiro takes oath of office
- Mature Services receives grant for program
- Lakemore requesting income tax increase
- Coventry moving ahead with police ballot issue
- Springfield trustees to place new parks levy on ballot
- South Side News & Notes
- Akron mayor wants Oriana House audit
- Green mayor to give State of City
Calendar of Events
- The Lincoln Inaugural Train - 1/23/2017
- “Reasons to Be Happy” - 1/24/2017
- A New Adventure: group for widows and widowers - 1/25/2017
- Tuesday Musical: Imani Winds - 1/25/2017
- Full Circle Storytelling - 1/25/2017