Cascade Locks’ Canal Fest was fun for all
Volunteer Terry Brown, of Akron, was positioned at the end of the race, as shown below, to pull the winning duck, whose sponsor, Carey Rogers, won a ride on the Akron Children’s Hospital Air Bear helicopter.
The day also featured fun activities for children and adults. Olivia Kirschbaum, 13, of West Akron, enjoyed having her caricature drawn by artist Jim Weckbacher, of West Akron, as pictured at right top.
Spectators also enjoyed music by acts such as The Mickeys, based in Highland Square. Band members Wayne Marks, Mick Hurray and Anne Alexander are shown at right middle, from left, as Emma Mustill, the Mustill Store owner played by Rosemary Reymann, listens as she would have in the 1870s.
Also on hand to entertain were performers with the Magical Theatre Company, who are shown at right bottom as they work with audience members on a skit.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Ken Crisafi
More Community News
- Derby celebrates 78th year
- Akron City Council OKs Wallhaven project
- Districting proposal making its way to ballot
- Confusion follows Falls Council’s charter change vote
- Boston optimistic with switch to RITA
- Richfield Village officials still considering water tower sites
- Leadership Akron selects members of new class
- Granger firefighters promoted to lieutenant rank
- Sanitarium scrapbook preservation in works
Calendar of Events
- Colin Dussault - 8/3/2015
- “First Tuesday” Dance - 8/4/2015
- Experience the Underground Railroad - 8/4/2015
- Freezing and Canning Workshop - 8/4/2015
- Show and Tell Me a Story: for ages 1-3 - 8/5/2015