Cascade Locks’ Canal Fest was fun for all
Volunteer Terry Brown, of Akron, was positioned at the end of the race, as shown below, to pull the winning duck, whose sponsor, Carey Rogers, won a ride on the Akron Children’s Hospital Air Bear helicopter.
The day also featured fun activities for children and adults. Olivia Kirschbaum, 13, of West Akron, enjoyed having her caricature drawn by artist Jim Weckbacher, of West Akron, as pictured at right top.
Spectators also enjoyed music by acts such as The Mickeys, based in Highland Square. Band members Wayne Marks, Mick Hurray and Anne Alexander are shown at right middle, from left, as Emma Mustill, the Mustill Store owner played by Rosemary Reymann, listens as she would have in the 1870s.
Also on hand to entertain were performers with the Magical Theatre Company, who are shown at right bottom as they work with audience members on a skit.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Ken Crisafi
More Community News
- Akron welcoming NBA star ‘back home’
- Old-fashioned carnival celebrates SCHS anniversary
- Woodridge bids farewell to board member
- APS board accepts donation from foundation
- Kids Month celebrated in August
- Boston trustees discuss issues with road project
- Sharon officials provide update on smell
- Falls drafts deal for development of Menards
- Norton working on flood control on Newpark Drive
- Granger Fire personnel sworn in
- Fairlawn officials investigating nightly room rentals in residences
- West Side News & Notes
- Springfield superintendent retiring
- Road resurfacing behind schedule in Coventry
- Pine Lake residents object to new Lauer Park entrance
Calendar of Events
- Mr. Bubble - 7/22/2014
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 7/22/2014
- A New Beginning - 7/23/2014
- 24th Annual AoRC Juried Show - 7/23/2014
- Music in the Meadow: Mo’ Mojo - 7/23/2014