Cascade Locks’ Canal Fest was fun for all
Volunteer Terry Brown, of Akron, was positioned at the end of the race, as shown below, to pull the winning duck, whose sponsor, Carey Rogers, won a ride on the Akron Children’s Hospital Air Bear helicopter.
The day also featured fun activities for children and adults. Olivia Kirschbaum, 13, of West Akron, enjoyed having her caricature drawn by artist Jim Weckbacher, of West Akron, as pictured at right top.
Spectators also enjoyed music by acts such as The Mickeys, based in Highland Square. Band members Wayne Marks, Mick Hurray and Anne Alexander are shown at right middle, from left, as Emma Mustill, the Mustill Store owner played by Rosemary Reymann, listens as she would have in the 1870s.
Also on hand to entertain were performers with the Magical Theatre Company, who are shown at right bottom as they work with audience members on a skit.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Ken Crisafi
More Community News
- Youth curfews in place for safety
- What’s curfew in your community?
- Good times roll at PorchRokr
- Bath police replacement levy before voters
- County Council removes ‘fair’ from ballot wording
- Granger cadet takes flight
- West Side News & Notes
- Essex blooms with community support
- Boston officials discuss issues with JEDD
- Scouts spruce up Norton Primary
- New recycling program successful in Sharon
Calendar of Events
- Taste It and Make It Food Preparation Series - 9/3/2015
- “The Divergent Series: Insurgent” - 9/3/2015
- Hooked on Books: “My Antonia” by Willa Cather - 9/3/2015
- Small Footprint: Getting Started - 9/3/2015
- Tai Chi and Self Defense - 9/4/2015