Military officers recognize local cadets
|Photo courtesy of Dick Calta|
During April and May, chapter members have awarded MOAA medals to cadets in each program at Kent State University (KSU) Air Force ROTC, KSU Army ROTC, University of Akron (UA) Army ROTC, Garfield High School Navy JROTC, Kenmore High School Army JROTC, Timken High School Army JROTC and Perry High School Army JROTC.
Further, MOAA Gold Bars were presented to cadets who were commissioned during spring ceremonies at KSU Army, KSU Air Force and UA Army ROTC programs.
“These are excellent ways to recognize student leaders for their contributions and potential,” stated retired Army Maj. Gen. Daniel Hahn, OWRC chapter president. “It allows us to support local schools and communities and tell people how MOAA supports a strong national defense.”
In addition, the OWRC general membership meeting that occurred May 16 recognized the cadets, staffs and families for participating in an ROTC or JROTC program. More than 60 people attended this event, according to OWRC-MOAA offficials.
Lt. Col. Bradley Harvey, USA, professor of military science at UA, was the guest speaker. He gave a presentation on leadership.
Seven cadets were recognized at this year’s event, and they are shown above, from left: (front) Vivian Mazzocca, UA, Army; Thomas Clark, Timken High School, Army; Trovantae Thomas, Garfield High School, Navy; and (back) Calvin Curtin, Perry High School, Army; Leontae Jackson, Kenmore High School, Army; Theodore Rask, KSU, Air Force; and Caitlin Ciralsky, KSU, Army.
More Community News
- Downtown Akron retail, housing planned
- Sharon kicks off Christmas season
- Litchfield CLC accepted into IB program
- State auditor releases special report on open enrollment
- Falls Council hears utility audit report
- West Side News & Notes
- ADM Services Board recognizes Trailblazers
- Work on 2017 county budget continues
- Boston trustees discuss business not registered in JEDD
- Bath trustees reduce speed limit on Bonnebrook
- Bath Community Fund awards first grants
- Sharon trustees discuss Eagle Scout project
- Auditor releases report on open enrollment
- Lakemore lights up for holidays
- Downtown retail, housing planned on South Main
- Springfield district planning stadium improvements
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- “Spring Awakening” - 12/6/2016
- Music Trivia - 12/6/2016
- Cake Decorating: Holiday Cupcakes; Cake Decorating: Holiday Cookies - 12/6/2016
- Glass Fusing with Marianne Hite - 12/7/2016
- Weekday Walkers - 12/7/2016