Military officers recognize local cadets
|Photo courtesy of Dick Calta|
During April and May, chapter members have awarded MOAA medals to cadets in each program at Kent State University (KSU) Air Force ROTC, KSU Army ROTC, University of Akron (UA) Army ROTC, Garfield High School Navy JROTC, Kenmore High School Army JROTC, Timken High School Army JROTC and Perry High School Army JROTC.
Further, MOAA Gold Bars were presented to cadets who were commissioned during spring ceremonies at KSU Army, KSU Air Force and UA Army ROTC programs.
“These are excellent ways to recognize student leaders for their contributions and potential,” stated retired Army Maj. Gen. Daniel Hahn, OWRC chapter president. “It allows us to support local schools and communities and tell people how MOAA supports a strong national defense.”
In addition, the OWRC general membership meeting that occurred May 16 recognized the cadets, staffs and families for participating in an ROTC or JROTC program. More than 60 people attended this event, according to OWRC-MOAA offficials.
Lt. Col. Bradley Harvey, USA, professor of military science at UA, was the guest speaker. He gave a presentation on leadership.
Seven cadets were recognized at this year’s event, and they are shown above, from left: (front) Vivian Mazzocca, UA, Army; Thomas Clark, Timken High School, Army; Trovantae Thomas, Garfield High School, Navy; and (back) Calvin Curtin, Perry High School, Army; Leontae Jackson, Kenmore High School, Army; Theodore Rask, KSU, Air Force; and Caitlin Ciralsky, KSU, Army.
More Community News
- State capital improvements issue on ballot
- Blue herons prepare for new arrivals
- West Akron rezoning request withdrawn
- Fundraisers for brain cancer research planned
- Eagle Scouts plan special trip to honor D-Day
- County Council considering raises for employees
- Fairlawn Police Department promotes five officers
- Peninsula Council approves agricultural district renewal
- Bath trustees conduct business for Revere students
- Dates set for annual Richfield community celebration
- Richfield trustees approve settlement for use of crusher
- Copley seeking new bids to raze Community Center
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Apollo’s Fire - 4/24/2014
- “Bye Bye Birdie” - 4/24/2014
- Alzheimer’s Association Caregiver Support Group - 4/24/2014
- Delicious, Healthful Olive Oil - 4/24/2014
- Open House - 4/24/2014