Vintage boats attract admirers
The free event is organized by the North Coast Chapter of the Antique and Classic Boat Society and is co-sponsored by the Portage Lakes Historical Society.
Shown at right is Eric West sharing some history of his 1928 Hacker Craft “Gad-A-Bout” to boat show attendees.
“Sashay,” a 1939 Chris Craft owned by Portage Lake residents John and Kim Vorhies, attracted many admirers, as shown below.
Shown at top are two boats in the show, along with two boys watching the activity from the end of the docks.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Lew Stamp
More Community News
- Downtown Akron retail, housing planned
- Sharon kicks off Christmas season
- Litchfield CLC accepted into IB program
- State auditor releases special report on open enrollment
- Falls Council hears utility audit report
- West Side News & Notes
- ADM Services Board recognizes Trailblazers
- Work on 2017 county budget continues
- Boston trustees discuss business not registered in JEDD
- Bath trustees reduce speed limit on Bonnebrook
- Bath Community Fund awards first grants
- Sharon trustees discuss Eagle Scout project
- Auditor releases report on open enrollment
- Lakemore lights up for holidays
- Downtown retail, housing planned on South Main
- Springfield district planning stadium improvements
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- “Spring Awakening” - 12/6/2016
- Music Trivia - 12/6/2016
- Cake Decorating: Holiday Cupcakes; Cake Decorating: Holiday Cookies - 12/6/2016
- Glass Fusing with Marianne Hite - 12/7/2016
- Weekday Walkers - 12/7/2016