Vintage boats attract admirers
The free event is organized by the North Coast Chapter of the Antique and Classic Boat Society and is co-sponsored by the Portage Lakes Historical Society.
Shown at right is Eric West sharing some history of his 1928 Hacker Craft “Gad-A-Bout” to boat show attendees.
“Sashay,” a 1939 Chris Craft owned by Portage Lake residents John and Kim Vorhies, attracted many admirers, as shown below.
Shown at top are two boats in the show, along with two boys watching the activity from the end of the docks.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Lew Stamp
More Community News
- Girls explore engineering careers
- County consumer protection gets attention
- Crown Point celebrating 25th year
- Local Women Who Care hoping to increase ranks
- Firestone Theatre one of first to stage ‘Mary Poppins’
- ACF announces record assets, awards $1.93 million in grants
- Akron Council voices opposition to ‘restrictive’ state bills
- Bath trustees hire staff for fire department
- Boston trustees discuss action to clear property
- Wadsworth judge presents annual report to Sharon trustees
- West Side News & Notes
- County’s consumer protection gets attention
- Green district celebrates education
- Springfield trustees eyeing new pumper
- Local man impacts mental health training worldwide
- Green students Do Something good
- Lakemore making progress with village deficit
- Jewish Community Board celebrates century
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Evening Retirement Series - 3/10/2014
- Anchoring - 3/10/2014
- A Far Cry with Matt Haimovitz - 3/11/2014
- Mudcakes - 3/11/2014
- Widows and Widowers Under 50 - 3/12/2014