Vintage boats attract admirers
The free event is organized by the North Coast Chapter of the Antique and Classic Boat Society and is co-sponsored by the Portage Lakes Historical Society.
Shown at right is Eric West sharing some history of his 1928 Hacker Craft “Gad-A-Bout” to boat show attendees.
“Sashay,” a 1939 Chris Craft owned by Portage Lake residents John and Kim Vorhies, attracted many admirers, as shown below.
Shown at top are two boats in the show, along with two boys watching the activity from the end of the docks.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Lew Stamp
More Community News
- Akron proposes city construction company
- Flowers herald coming spring
- County joining fight against mail sorting office closure
- Woodridge ‘big loser’ in proposed state budget
- New Revere superintendent ready for challenge
- West Side News & Notes
- Summit County marking 175 years
- Women’s Endowment Fund awards grants
- Presentation on student use of electronics planned
- Peninsula library offering March classes
- BVS hosting blood drive
- Bath OKs raise for park employees with additional training
- Boston facing salt shortage
- Altrusa International hosting prom dress event
- Wadsworth judge presents annual report
Calendar of Events
- Creative Writing for Homeschoolers - 3/5/2015
- University of Akron Symphony Orchestra - 3/5/2015
- “The Boxtrolls” - 3/5/2015
- Paws and Prayers’ Paws Vegas - 3/6/2015
- Homeschoolers: Green Thumbs - 3/6/2015