Vintage boats attract admirers
The free event is organized by the North Coast Chapter of the Antique and Classic Boat Society and is co-sponsored by the Portage Lakes Historical Society.
Shown at right is Eric West sharing some history of his 1928 Hacker Craft “Gad-A-Bout” to boat show attendees.
“Sashay,” a 1939 Chris Craft owned by Portage Lake residents John and Kim Vorhies, attracted many admirers, as shown below.
Shown at top are two boats in the show, along with two boys watching the activity from the end of the docks.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Lew Stamp
More Community News
- Akron Council OKs Rockynol project permit
- Croghan Park rededicated
- Focus on speeding, other issues at Akron Caucus
- Bath Community Day is Aug. 2
- Summit, Medina fairs celebrate traditions
- Richfield fire chief commended for saving life
- Richfield trustees discuss mowing complaint
- Copley pet groomer reunites potbellied pig, owner
- West Side News & Notes
- West Side Education News & Notes
- New Springfield superintendent named
- Communities gearing up for Rock the Docks
- New Franklin charter changes headed to ballot
- Community event planned at East Liberty Park
- Kids Month celebrated in August
- Wingfoot One selected as new blimp name
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Pilates - 7/30/2014
- Intercourse the Collective - 7/30/2014
- “Summer Fun” Book Sale - 7/31/2014
- Works by Portage Path Community Learning Center art students - 7/31/2014
- “Shout! The Mod Musical” - 8/2/2014