Vintage boats attract admirers
The free event is organized by the North Coast Chapter of the Antique and Classic Boat Society and is co-sponsored by the Portage Lakes Historical Society.
Shown at right is Eric West sharing some history of his 1928 Hacker Craft “Gad-A-Bout” to boat show attendees.
“Sashay,” a 1939 Chris Craft owned by Portage Lake residents John and Kim Vorhies, attracted many admirers, as shown below.
Shown at top are two boats in the show, along with two boys watching the activity from the end of the docks.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Lew Stamp
More Community News
- State capital improvements issue on ballot
- Blue herons prepare for new arrivals
- West Akron rezoning request withdrawn
- Fundraisers for brain cancer research planned
- Eagle Scouts plan special trip to honor D-Day
- County Council considering raises for employees
- Fairlawn Police Department promotes five officers
- Peninsula Council approves agricultural district renewal
- Bath trustees conduct business for Revere students
- Dates set for annual Richfield community celebration
- Richfield trustees approve settlement for use of crusher
- Copley seeking new bids to raze Community Center
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Chuck Loeb, Everett Harp and Jeff Lorber - 4/25/2014
- Social Texas Hold ‘em for Seniors, - 4/25/2014
- Ballroom Nights - 4/25/2014
- How Sweet Was It? - 4/25/2014
- Akron Symphony Pops Orchestra - 4/25/2014