Bath trustees accept donation for driveway markers
Bath Township trustees at the July 15 meeting thanked the Bath Homeowners Association for donating more than $2,600 to replace 100 driveway address markers.
Several years ago the township installed composite markers with house numbers at the driveway of each residence, said Township Administrator Vito Sinopoli.
“These have proven to be extremely valuable at nighttime and at all other times not only for our safety forces, but for delivery people and others,” said Trustee James Nelson.
Service Director Caine Collins told trustees Bath was spared much of the damage other nearby communities sustained during the July 10 rainstorm. He said township service crews checked known trouble spots prior to the storm, clearing debris from drainage grates and doing what they could to speed drainage. Collins said he and Assistant Service Director Mike Rorar spent the evening of the storm monitoring and inspecting drainage.
Collins said the department received six requests for service, mostly for debris lodged in the drainage system. He said his department was investigating seven cases of recurrent flooding.
Also during the meeting, Sinopoli said the township has been working with Copley Township officials to develop a list of stakeholders for the Akron Metropolitan Area Transportation Study Connecting Communities grant. The grant is for consulting services to study pedestrian and bicycle traffic in the Montrose shopping area, he said. A request for qualifications has gone out to potential vendors.
In other action, the board:
- noted the 2014 budget has been approved for submission to the county;
- noted the Water and Sewer Board meeting has been postponed until July 22 at 6 p.m. in the Trustees Conference room; and
- approved payment of requisitions and purchase orders totaling $171,155.
The board’s next meeting will be Aug. 5 at 7 p.m. in the trustees’ meeting room of the Bath Administration Building, 3864 W. Bath Road.
More Community News
- Akron welcoming NBA star ‘back home’
- Old-fashioned carnival celebrates SCHS anniversary
- Woodridge bids farewell to board member
- APS board accepts donation from foundation
- Kids Month celebrated in August
- Boston trustees discuss issues with road project
- Sharon officials provide update on smell
- Falls drafts deal for development of Menards
- Norton working on flood control on Newpark Drive
- Granger Fire personnel sworn in
- Fairlawn officials investigating nightly room rentals in residences
- West Side News & Notes
- Springfield superintendent retiring
- Road resurfacing behind schedule in Coventry
- Pine Lake residents object to new Lauer Park entrance
Calendar of Events
- A New Beginning - 7/23/2014
- 24th Annual AoRC Juried Show - 7/23/2014
- Music in the Meadow: Mo’ Mojo - 7/23/2014
- Mosaic Picture Frame for grades 5-12 - 7/24/2014
- Taste of Akron - 7/24/2014