Bath trustees accept donation for driveway markers
Bath Township trustees at the July 15 meeting thanked the Bath Homeowners Association for donating more than $2,600 to replace 100 driveway address markers.
Several years ago the township installed composite markers with house numbers at the driveway of each residence, said Township Administrator Vito Sinopoli.
“These have proven to be extremely valuable at nighttime and at all other times not only for our safety forces, but for delivery people and others,” said Trustee James Nelson.
Service Director Caine Collins told trustees Bath was spared much of the damage other nearby communities sustained during the July 10 rainstorm. He said township service crews checked known trouble spots prior to the storm, clearing debris from drainage grates and doing what they could to speed drainage. Collins said he and Assistant Service Director Mike Rorar spent the evening of the storm monitoring and inspecting drainage.
Collins said the department received six requests for service, mostly for debris lodged in the drainage system. He said his department was investigating seven cases of recurrent flooding.
Also during the meeting, Sinopoli said the township has been working with Copley Township officials to develop a list of stakeholders for the Akron Metropolitan Area Transportation Study Connecting Communities grant. The grant is for consulting services to study pedestrian and bicycle traffic in the Montrose shopping area, he said. A request for qualifications has gone out to potential vendors.
In other action, the board:
- noted the 2014 budget has been approved for submission to the county;
- noted the Water and Sewer Board meeting has been postponed until July 22 at 6 p.m. in the Trustees Conference room; and
- approved payment of requisitions and purchase orders totaling $171,155.
The board’s next meeting will be Aug. 5 at 7 p.m. in the trustees’ meeting room of the Bath Administration Building, 3864 W. Bath Road.
More Community News
- Health district moving to West Akron
- Runners get in Halloween spirit
- Granger voters to see road, fire levies on ballot
- Fire levy on ballot in Sharon
- West Akron man volunteering in Ghana
- Falls implementing civil dispute program
- Boston to receive funds from NPS
- Richfield mayor discusses village’s investments
- Granger trustees continue to review conservation easement
- Stow Court modernizing, shares info with Richfield Chamber
- OFSC presents funds to burn unit
- West Side News & Notes
- Lakemore asking voters to renew fire levy
- Acme celebrates opening
- Coventry trustees asking voters to support Issue 53
- Residents oppose proposed gas line through Green
- Springfield helping with Canton Road corridor work
- Health district readies for new home
- Green Fire named STEMI Award winner
- Green employee receives Patriot Award
- Students share green thumb efforts
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Civil War Talk: General Sheridan - 10/20/2014
- Akron History Hike: Old Stone School - 10/20/2014
- Amazing World of Bats - 10/21/2014
- A New Beginning - 10/22/2014
- Bastille - 10/22/2014