Richfield trustees moving forward with plans for office space
The Richfield Township Board of Trustees is moving forward with plans for new office space.
The matter has been under review for the past few years as an agreement for free space at their current building comes to an end.
According to township Administrative Assistant Debbie Bluso Rogers, the township’s 10-year free use of a 1,300-square-foot building owned by Richfield Village comes to an end Aug. 1, when a rent payment of $1,200 per month will be due to the village.
Trustees have been reviewing numerous options for administrative offices and most recently took a look at six in particular. Bluso Rogers said that after a financial review of those options, three of which included leasing space (at a strip mall and one in the current space) and three for new construction (one involving re-adapting an existing building, one for modular space and one for a new building), trustees are leaning toward building a 2,000-square-foot office complex that would include a meeting hall.
“After the financial review, trustees determined that building new is the most viable and financially responsible option,” said Bluso Rogers. “Trustees are most interested in a government township center. That new building would be constructed at the Road Department site, located at 3038 Boston Mills Road.”
During the meeting, trustees unanimously approved a motion for a proposal to hire an architect to design the new building, and to hire Tom Trotter, a partner with Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP, to help them determine how to finance its construction.
In the meantime, trustees have decided to keep administrative offices at their current location at 4410 W. Streetsboro Road. Discussion of the project is continuing, according to Bluso Rogers.
In other business during the meeting, trustees agreed to pay up to $5,000 for inflatable rides to be offered on Richfield Community Day, Aug. 11, at Richfield Woods.
They also agreed to decline a grant of $165,000 for the Hawkins Road improvement project, and instead approved $30,000 for a joint project with Richfield Village and Hinckley Township to make the improvements.
Township officials also announced they are working with Revere High School students to develop an online survey regarding a proposed dog park in Rising Valley Park. Bluso Rogers said the survey would gather input from the public and will be available through a link on the township website, www.richfield-twp.org, in early August.
Also, officials announced residents can call the township offices at 330-659-4700 for pick up of trees and brush due to the July 10 storm.
The July 18 and Aug. 1 trustees’ meetings have been canceled. The next meetings will be Aug. 8 at 10 a.m. and Aug. 22 at 6:30 p.m. at the township offices, located behind the fire station on West Streetsboro Road.
More Community News
- Akron Council raises campaign limits
- Animals in need find home at Forever Amber Acres
- Mustard Seed eyes May opening in Highland Square
- Reentry Network offers safety net for parolees
- West Side News & Notes
- Celebrate with religious sights, sounds
- Reentry Network announces 2015 programs
- Cub Scouts participate in ‘Operation Smile’
- Fairlawn officials remember former Council member
- OWRC installs 2015 officers
- Bath trustees reject fact-finder’s report
- Boston officials discuss new tax collection agency
- Sharon trustees revisit resurfacing agreement
- Hattie Larlham gets early Christmas gift
- Norton officers take part in Shop with a Cop
- Norton food drive to help families
- Lakemore Council bids farewell to solicitor
- Santas spreading holiday cheer with Kiwanis events
- Coventry still mulling Sheriff’s Office contract
- Coventry superintendent tackling negativity
- Green students give back to community
- Springfield trustees approve zoning change
- Akron raises campaign limits, OKs body camera trial
- Manchester senior earns Eagle Scout rank
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Crooked River Walk - 12/21/2014
- “A Christmas Carol” - 12/21/2014
- Winter White Out - 12/21/2014
- Puppet Show: Holiday Happenings - 12/21/2014
- Johnny and the Apple Stompers and Ed Caner - 12/21/2014