Summit County Fair offers week of family fun
|Photos: Lew Stamp|
The fair, which started July 23, is presented by the Summit County Agricultural Society of Ohio and features agricultural displays and exhibits, as well as traditional fair activities like rides. Shown above are visitors strolling the midway after the fair opened July 23.
The fair also offers an opportunity for those who own a working farm to display their livestock and youth who participate in 4-H to showcase their projects, according to fair officials.
Shown above right is Richfield resident Brian Luther, 18, hosing down his black angus steer before judging July 23.
Admission is $6 for ages 8 and older and free for ages 7 and younger. Rides may be an additional cost. Parking is free.
The fair is open today, July 25, from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.; July 26-27 from 8 a.m. to midnight; and July 28 from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
For a complete schedule of events at the fair, visit www.summitfair.com.
— By Kathleen Collins
More Community News
- Democratic mayoral candidates debate
- Buchtel students visit Kenya via biostatistics program
- Grether resigns, special election needed in Norton
- APD officers engaging in ‘park and walk’ effort
- County looking to become more immigrant-friendly
- West Side News & Notes
- Scouts stage ‘buy-in’ to support Circle K
- Bhutanese community learning about Akron
- Service building project to go out for bids
- Copley to award trash hauler contract next month
- Representative discusses services of Renacci’s office
Calendar of Events
- Author Visit: Judith Fertig - 8/27/2015
- “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon” - 8/27/2015
- Evil Ways, The Jimi Hendrix Tribute Experience and Ball and Chain - 8/28/2015
- End of Summer Jam with Sir Charles and Wendell B. - 8/28/2015
- Thyme for Dinner: Campfire Cooking - 8/28/2015