Summit County Fair offers week of family fun
|Photos: Lew Stamp|
The fair, which started July 23, is presented by the Summit County Agricultural Society of Ohio and features agricultural displays and exhibits, as well as traditional fair activities like rides. Shown above are visitors strolling the midway after the fair opened July 23.
The fair also offers an opportunity for those who own a working farm to display their livestock and youth who participate in 4-H to showcase their projects, according to fair officials.
Shown above right is Richfield resident Brian Luther, 18, hosing down his black angus steer before judging July 23.
Admission is $6 for ages 8 and older and free for ages 7 and younger. Rides may be an additional cost. Parking is free.
The fair is open today, July 25, from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.; July 26-27 from 8 a.m. to midnight; and July 28 from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
For a complete schedule of events at the fair, visit www.summitfair.com.
— By Kathleen Collins
More Community News
- Kayaks take plunge in Falls
- Council OKs Akron residential tax plan
- E-poll books may update voting process in county
- Inside|Out art spreads to Copley, West Akron
- Breaux promotes positive attitude on bench
- West Side News & Notes
- Love Akron Network Awards Breakfast focusing on civility
- Summit County officials train for emergencies
- Norton bans medical marijuana operations in city
- Humane Society has new Mobile Adoption Center
- Falls receives grant for preserve project
- Falls breaks ground for downtown revitalization
- City offering electronics recycling
- Falls cleanup May 1-12
- Trustees holding public hearings on fee
- Richfield approves resolutions on autism, intolerance
- Granger officials hear update on proposed conservancy district
- Kiwanis creates baskets for women’s shelter
- MCBDD suggests early detection key for autism
- Touch-A-Truck event offering close-up view
- Council hears schoolhouse recommendation
- Springfield dedicates new playground, trail
- Coventry BOE seeking fiscal emergency release
- New Franklin Council absences delay adoption of legislation
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Great Lakes Great Maines Club Cat Show - 4/30/2017
- Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous - 4/30/2017
- Scrabble Club - 4/30/2017
- Figure and Form: Intimate Studies - 5/2/2017
- Memory Fitness: Keep Your Mind Sharp - 5/2/2017