Summit County Fair offers week of family fun
|Photos: Lew Stamp|
The fair, which started July 23, is presented by the Summit County Agricultural Society of Ohio and features agricultural displays and exhibits, as well as traditional fair activities like rides. Shown above are visitors strolling the midway after the fair opened July 23.
The fair also offers an opportunity for those who own a working farm to display their livestock and youth who participate in 4-H to showcase their projects, according to fair officials.
Shown above right is Richfield resident Brian Luther, 18, hosing down his black angus steer before judging July 23.
Admission is $6 for ages 8 and older and free for ages 7 and younger. Rides may be an additional cost. Parking is free.
The fair is open today, July 25, from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.; July 26-27 from 8 a.m. to midnight; and July 28 from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
For a complete schedule of events at the fair, visit www.summitfair.com.
— By Kathleen Collins
More Community News
- County notes success of Gay Games
- Copley fathers, sons hike Grand Canyon rim to rim
- Fairlawn updating rental, housing code
- Church offering English as second language classes
- Medina County hiking program begins Sept. 1
- Bath board approves road improvements, trail construction
- Boston officials discuss new safety measures
- Sharon Fire adding new shift
- Red Cross names interim chapter executive
- JLA accepts grant for Kids in the Kitchen project
- West Side News & Notes
- Coventry to further fund flood mitigation
- Local man ‘model’ citizen with building hobby
- County Council notes success of Gay Games
- Cottage Grove School set for demolition
- Kick for The Cure benefiting Camp Quality, hospice
- Springfield trustees seeking to reduce water/sewer bills further
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure - 8/27/2014
- Tai Chi for those touched by cancer - 8/27/2014
- Pilates - 8/27/2014
- “Divergent” - 8/28/2014
- 11th Annual Juried Fiber Arts Show - 8/29/2014