Training available for school-based incidents
RICHFIELD — The Rural Domestic Preparedness Consortium (RDPC) will provide those responsible for school security with crisis management training on how to effectively respond to an emergency involving a school building or an entire school system.
RDPC will deliver a free Department of Homeland Security (DHS)-certified course, “MGT 417 — Crisis Management for School-Based Incidents for Key Decision Makers,” Aug. 12-13 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 3496 Everett Road.
With the intent of building upon the foundation of the “AWR 148” course and utilizing an all-hazards approach, this two-day course will provide content instruction and develop concept-specific skills in scenario-based applications.
This instructor-led course was developed by the University of Findlay, an academic partner for RDPC, for school administrators and emergency responders. It provides an opportunity for rural law enforcement and school personnel to develop a partnership with regard to school safety through effective collaborative planning, preparedness, communication and coordination of resources.
Registration is required by July 29 at noon. To register online, visit www.ruraltrain ing.org/training/schedule/ and scroll to the Aug. 12 training in Richfield.
More Community News
- Bath parks levy renewal on May ballot
- Area communities offering Safety Town
- Woodridge studying future of school buildings
- Council OKs new Dollar General in Merriman Valley
- Youth employment program getting on its way
- Falls Council OKs purchase for Electrical Department
- Norton Council accepts Moving Ohio Forward funds
- Boston trustees take step to clear property
- Sharon trustees discuss recent township break-ins
- Granger trustees approve tax abatement guidelines
- KAB names litter prevention campaign contest winners
- LaRose honors local youth
- YMCAs presenting Healthy Kids Day
- Montrose transportation meeting set for May 15
- United Way announces education investments, new funding strategy
- West Side News & Notes
- Green district seeking levy renewal
- Children celebrate Easter early
- Board strikes deal to keep fitness center running
- Springfield officer honored for service
- Grant possibility could increase police presence in Coventry
- Youth employment program on its way
- Rebuilding Together to improve nine area homes
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Susan Graham - 4/21/2014
- Prostate Cancer Awareness Ministry - 4/21/2014
- A New Adventure - 4/23/2014
- Jeri Holland - 4/23/2014
- Blue Man Group - 4/23/2014