Training available for school-based incidents
RICHFIELD — The Rural Domestic Preparedness Consortium (RDPC) will provide those responsible for school security with crisis management training on how to effectively respond to an emergency involving a school building or an entire school system.
RDPC will deliver a free Department of Homeland Security (DHS)-certified course, “MGT 417 — Crisis Management for School-Based Incidents for Key Decision Makers,” Aug. 12-13 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 3496 Everett Road.
With the intent of building upon the foundation of the “AWR 148” course and utilizing an all-hazards approach, this two-day course will provide content instruction and develop concept-specific skills in scenario-based applications.
This instructor-led course was developed by the University of Findlay, an academic partner for RDPC, for school administrators and emergency responders. It provides an opportunity for rural law enforcement and school personnel to develop a partnership with regard to school safety through effective collaborative planning, preparedness, communication and coordination of resources.
Registration is required by July 29 at noon. To register online, visit www.ruraltrain ing.org/training/schedule/ and scroll to the Aug. 12 training in Richfield.
More Community News
- Portage Crossing coming to life
- Glowing lights shine at Holiday Tree Festival
- Norton police chief sworn in
- Akron addressing daytime burglaries
- Wanted: Holiday volunteers
- Council supports grant application for Richfield site
- Skaters, hockey players to benefit from plow purchase
- Richfield reviewing proposed guidelines for historic district
- Richfield trustees review proposals for police, fire contracts
- Granger trustees agree Brenelle Lane should not be terminated
- Turkeys common in Metro Parks
- West Side News & Notes
- Residents want safer Myersville Road
- Coventry Fire helping those in need
- New Franklin officials address increasing revenue
- Council supports grant application for Coventry bog
- Akron Council committee supports Safe Routes to School plan
- ‘Light up a Life’ benefits Hospice of VNS
- Akron Children’s Pediatrics in Green moves
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- History Hike - 11/28/2014
- After Thanksgiving Hike - 11/28/2014
- Brent Kirby and His Luck with Rebecca Wohlever - 11/28/2014
- Akron Metro Parks Hiking Club - 11/28/2014
- A New Adventure - 11/29/2014