Training available for school-based incidents
RICHFIELD — The Rural Domestic Preparedness Consortium (RDPC) will provide those responsible for school security with crisis management training on how to effectively respond to an emergency involving a school building or an entire school system.
RDPC will deliver a free Department of Homeland Security (DHS)-certified course, “MGT 417 — Crisis Management for School-Based Incidents for Key Decision Makers,” Aug. 12-13 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 3496 Everett Road.
With the intent of building upon the foundation of the “AWR 148” course and utilizing an all-hazards approach, this two-day course will provide content instruction and develop concept-specific skills in scenario-based applications.
This instructor-led course was developed by the University of Findlay, an academic partner for RDPC, for school administrators and emergency responders. It provides an opportunity for rural law enforcement and school personnel to develop a partnership with regard to school safety through effective collaborative planning, preparedness, communication and coordination of resources.
Registration is required by July 29 at noon. To register online, visit www.ruraltrain ing.org/training/schedule/ and scroll to the Aug. 12 training in Richfield.
More Community News
- Akron to raise rental registration fee
- Jolly fun had at Christmas Jingle
- Residents seek to form watershed conservancy
- Grant puts road widening closer to reality
- Local Boy Scouts go on summer ‘high adventure trek’
- West Side News & Notes
- Millennium Fund awards grants
- Blood donation opportunities
- Tucker named new Akron fire chief
- CSO project underway this week
- Campaign provides light for end-of-life patients, remembers those who have died
- Free fire alarms, installation available from Red Cross
- County Council looking at cost of medicine at jail
- Burton D. Morgan Foundation grants awarded
- Fairlawn Holiday Lighting Contest to be judged Dec. 13
- Bath trustees considering proposal for observatory
- Richfield looking to bring back winter festival
- Richfield Village receives covenant not to sue under Ohio EPA Voluntary Action Program
- Granger trustees discuss cemetery, zoning fees
- Scout siblings earn awards
Calendar of Events
- Akron Symphony: Home for the Holidays - 12/9/2016
- Nuance - 12/9/2016
- University of Akron Graduate String Quartet - 12/9/2016
- “America’s Got Talent” - 12/10/2016
- Dynamics Community Theater’s “Miracle on 34th Street” - 12/10/2016