Training available for school-based incidents
RICHFIELD — The Rural Domestic Preparedness Consortium (RDPC) will provide those responsible for school security with crisis management training on how to effectively respond to an emergency involving a school building or an entire school system.
RDPC will deliver a free Department of Homeland Security (DHS)-certified course, “MGT 417 — Crisis Management for School-Based Incidents for Key Decision Makers,” Aug. 12-13 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 3496 Everett Road.
With the intent of building upon the foundation of the “AWR 148” course and utilizing an all-hazards approach, this two-day course will provide content instruction and develop concept-specific skills in scenario-based applications.
This instructor-led course was developed by the University of Findlay, an academic partner for RDPC, for school administrators and emergency responders. It provides an opportunity for rural law enforcement and school personnel to develop a partnership with regard to school safety through effective collaborative planning, preparedness, communication and coordination of resources.
Registration is required by July 29 at noon. To register online, visit www.ruraltrain ing.org/training/schedule/ and scroll to the Aug. 12 training in Richfield.
More Community News
- Girls explore engineering careers
- County consumer protection gets attention
- Crown Point celebrating 25th year
- Local Women Who Care hoping to increase ranks
- Firestone Theatre one of first to stage ‘Mary Poppins’
- ACF announces record assets, awards $1.93 million in grants
- Akron Council voices opposition to ‘restrictive’ state bills
- Bath trustees hire staff for fire department
- Boston trustees discuss action to clear property
- Wadsworth judge presents annual report to Sharon trustees
- West Side News & Notes
- County’s consumer protection gets attention
- Green district celebrates education
- Springfield trustees eyeing new pumper
- Local man impacts mental health training worldwide
- Green students Do Something good
- Lakemore making progress with village deficit
- Jewish Community Board celebrates century
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- A Far Cry with Matt Haimovitz - 3/11/2014
- Mudcakes - 3/11/2014
- Widows and Widowers Under 50 - 3/12/2014
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 3/12/2014
- Akron Pops Orchestra - 3/13/2014