Training available for school-based incidents
RICHFIELD — The Rural Domestic Preparedness Consortium (RDPC) will provide those responsible for school security with crisis management training on how to effectively respond to an emergency involving a school building or an entire school system.
RDPC will deliver a free Department of Homeland Security (DHS)-certified course, “MGT 417 — Crisis Management for School-Based Incidents for Key Decision Makers,” Aug. 12-13 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 3496 Everett Road.
With the intent of building upon the foundation of the “AWR 148” course and utilizing an all-hazards approach, this two-day course will provide content instruction and develop concept-specific skills in scenario-based applications.
This instructor-led course was developed by the University of Findlay, an academic partner for RDPC, for school administrators and emergency responders. It provides an opportunity for rural law enforcement and school personnel to develop a partnership with regard to school safety through effective collaborative planning, preparedness, communication and coordination of resources.
Registration is required by July 29 at noon. To register online, visit www.ruraltrain ing.org/training/schedule/ and scroll to the Aug. 12 training in Richfield.
More Community News
- Kayaks take plunge in Falls
- Council OKs Akron residential tax plan
- E-poll books may update voting process in county
- Inside|Out art spreads to Copley, West Akron
- Breaux promotes positive attitude on bench
- West Side News & Notes
- Love Akron Network Awards Breakfast focusing on civility
- Summit County officials train for emergencies
- Norton bans medical marijuana operations in city
- Humane Society has new Mobile Adoption Center
- Falls receives grant for preserve project
- Falls breaks ground for downtown revitalization
- City offering electronics recycling
- Falls cleanup May 1-12
- Trustees holding public hearings on fee
- Richfield approves resolutions on autism, intolerance
- Granger officials hear update on proposed conservancy district
- Kiwanis creates baskets for women’s shelter
- MCBDD suggests early detection key for autism
- Touch-A-Truck event offering close-up view
- Council hears schoolhouse recommendation
- Springfield dedicates new playground, trail
- Coventry BOE seeking fiscal emergency release
- New Franklin Council absences delay adoption of legislation
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- University of Akron Choral Concert - 4/28/2017
- Astronomy Club of Akron: Daniel Rothstein on The Four Red Shifts - 4/28/2017
- Bluebell Valley Hike - 4/28/2017
- Rape Crisis Center of Medina & Summit Counties Walk of Heroes - 4/28/2017
- A New Adventure: group for widows and widowers - 4/29/2017