Art lovers find treasures at Akron Arts Expo
|Photos: Dale Dong|
During the final day’s juried art show and sale, Akron City Council member and West Akron resident Marilyn Keith (D-Ward 8) was among those who enjoyed shopping at artist Rebecca McElfresh’s booth, as shown at right bottom.
Metal artist Chad Anderson, of Cedar Springs, Mich., is pictured at right top with his work and a Best of Show ribbon.
Shoppers are shown at top as they look over some of the 160 booths at the annual event.
The Arts Expo also featured the first weekend of free dance concerts as part of the Heinz Poll Summer Dance Festival and a performance by the Akron Symphony Orchestra.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Community News
- State capital improvements issue on ballot
- Blue herons prepare for new arrivals
- West Akron rezoning request withdrawn
- Fundraisers for brain cancer research planned
- Eagle Scouts plan special trip to honor D-Day
- County Council considering raises for employees
- Fairlawn Police Department promotes five officers
- Peninsula Council approves agricultural district renewal
- Bath trustees conduct business for Revere students
- Dates set for annual Richfield community celebration
- Richfield trustees approve settlement for use of crusher
- Copley seeking new bids to raze Community Center
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Chuck Loeb, Everett Harp and Jeff Lorber - 4/25/2014
- Social Texas Hold ‘em for Seniors, - 4/25/2014
- Ballroom Nights - 4/25/2014
- How Sweet Was It? - 4/25/2014
- Akron Symphony Pops Orchestra - 4/25/2014