Art lovers find treasures at Akron Arts Expo
|Photos: Dale Dong|
During the final day’s juried art show and sale, Akron City Council member and West Akron resident Marilyn Keith (D-Ward 8) was among those who enjoyed shopping at artist Rebecca McElfresh’s booth, as shown at right bottom.
Metal artist Chad Anderson, of Cedar Springs, Mich., is pictured at right top with his work and a Best of Show ribbon.
Shoppers are shown at top as they look over some of the 160 booths at the annual event.
The Arts Expo also featured the first weekend of free dance concerts as part of the Heinz Poll Summer Dance Festival and a performance by the Akron Symphony Orchestra.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Community News
- Girls explore engineering careers
- County consumer protection gets attention
- Crown Point celebrating 25th year
- Local Women Who Care hoping to increase ranks
- Firestone Theatre one of first to stage ‘Mary Poppins’
- ACF announces record assets, awards $1.93 million in grants
- Akron Council voices opposition to ‘restrictive’ state bills
- Bath trustees hire staff for fire department
- Boston trustees discuss action to clear property
- Wadsworth judge presents annual report to Sharon trustees
- West Side News & Notes
- County’s consumer protection gets attention
- Green district celebrates education
- Springfield trustees eyeing new pumper
- Local man impacts mental health training worldwide
- Green students Do Something good
- Lakemore making progress with village deficit
- Jewish Community Board celebrates century
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Evening Retirement Series - 3/10/2014
- Anchoring - 3/10/2014
- A Far Cry with Matt Haimovitz - 3/11/2014
- Mudcakes - 3/11/2014
- Widows and Widowers Under 50 - 3/12/2014