Art lovers find treasures at Akron Arts Expo
|Photos: Dale Dong|
During the final day’s juried art show and sale, Akron City Council member and West Akron resident Marilyn Keith (D-Ward 8) was among those who enjoyed shopping at artist Rebecca McElfresh’s booth, as shown at right bottom.
Metal artist Chad Anderson, of Cedar Springs, Mich., is pictured at right top with his work and a Best of Show ribbon.
Shoppers are shown at top as they look over some of the 160 booths at the annual event.
The Arts Expo also featured the first weekend of free dance concerts as part of the Heinz Poll Summer Dance Festival and a performance by the Akron Symphony Orchestra.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Community News
- Moneypenny ready to take mayor’s seat
- Copley celebrates Memorial Day
- Founders’ Day will mark AA’s 80th year
- Shy shares credit for park district successes
- West Side News & Notes
- Copley asks Ohio Supreme Court to hear Rothrock appeal
- Historic designation sought for Keyser property
- Copley trustees approve building replacement
- Richfield police chief warns residents about burglars
- Richfield trustees discuss Crowell Hilaka property use
- Council reviews rebids for Central Park
- Green celebrates Memorial Day
- New Franklin sinks idea for Tudor House dock
- Green assistant fire chief retiring
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure - 5/30/2015
- Yoga for Kids: ages 6-10 - 5/30/2015
- Archery Games for Kids: ages 9-12 - 5/30/2015
- Warm and Hot in Peninsula - 5/30/2015
- Doo Wop Legends in Concert - 5/30/2015