Art lovers find treasures at Akron Arts Expo
|Photos: Dale Dong|
During the final day’s juried art show and sale, Akron City Council member and West Akron resident Marilyn Keith (D-Ward 8) was among those who enjoyed shopping at artist Rebecca McElfresh’s booth, as shown at right bottom.
Metal artist Chad Anderson, of Cedar Springs, Mich., is pictured at right top with his work and a Best of Show ribbon.
Shoppers are shown at top as they look over some of the 160 booths at the annual event.
The Arts Expo also featured the first weekend of free dance concerts as part of the Heinz Poll Summer Dance Festival and a performance by the Akron Symphony Orchestra.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Community News
- Council supports ‘Breaking Addiction Act’
- All’s fair at annual Summit County event
- Yellow Creek advocates explore conservancy idea
- Grandmother creates memorial for slain grandson
- Copley Heritage Day set for Aug. 2
- Falls Council continues to mull Menards deal
- Road construction begins on Hines Hill Road
- Granger Fire Department moving forward with grant proposal
- Sharon trustees approve fire levy for November ballot
- Medina County Fair offering variety of activities
- Akron Rotary inducts president
- Sno-cone sale benefits playground project
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- “Sweet Smell of Success” - 7/31/2014
- Voices in the Valley: Sarah Schaefer and Rebekah Jean - 7/31/2014
- Downtown@Dusk: JD Eicher & The Goodnights - 7/31/2014
- Akron Pops Orchestra - 7/31/2014
- “Summer Fun” Book Sale - 7/31/2014