Art lovers find treasures at Akron Arts Expo
|Photos: Dale Dong|
During the final day’s juried art show and sale, Akron City Council member and West Akron resident Marilyn Keith (D-Ward 8) was among those who enjoyed shopping at artist Rebecca McElfresh’s booth, as shown at right bottom.
Metal artist Chad Anderson, of Cedar Springs, Mich., is pictured at right top with his work and a Best of Show ribbon.
Shoppers are shown at top as they look over some of the 160 booths at the annual event.
The Arts Expo also featured the first weekend of free dance concerts as part of the Heinz Poll Summer Dance Festival and a performance by the Akron Symphony Orchestra.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Community News
- Health officials probe hospital TB exposure
- Richfield Village kicks off jubilee year
- Falls forms team to address opiate addiction
- Kurt continues as Clerk of Courts
- Early meetings don’t dissuade Copley Key Club members
- West Side News & Notes
- Boston trustees honor community members
- Impact Award winners honored
- Bath trustees request intersection study
- Shapiro takes oath of office
- Mature Services receives grant for program
- Lakemore requesting income tax increase
- Coventry moving ahead with police ballot issue
- Springfield trustees to place new parks levy on ballot
- South Side News & Notes
- Akron mayor wants Oriana House audit
- Green mayor to give State of City
Calendar of Events
- “Reasons to Be Happy” - 1/24/2017
- A New Adventure: group for widows and widowers - 1/25/2017
- Tuesday Musical: Imani Winds - 1/25/2017
- Full Circle Storytelling - 1/25/2017
- CrOoKeD - 1/25/2017