Pool goes to dogs as summer ends
Lifeguard Spencer Shreve is pictured above as he gets some love from one of the happy swimmers.
Shreve is also shown at right as he helps Lulu navigate the water.
Shown below is Shadow, owned by Richie Anderson, as he leaps into the water.
The event was sponsored by Better Akron Recreation for Canines (BARC), which maintains the Akron Dog Park on Memorial Parkway. Some proceeds from the event went toward BARC and PAWSibilities®, Humane Society of Greater Akron. Those who attended also enjoyed food and vendors with dog-friendly items.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Dale Dong
More Community News
Calendar of Events
- Colin Dussault - 8/3/2015
- “First Tuesday” Dance - 8/4/2015
- Experience the Underground Railroad - 8/4/2015
- Freezing and Canning Workshop - 8/4/2015
- Show and Tell Me a Story: for ages 1-3 - 8/5/2015