Pool goes to dogs as summer ends
Lifeguard Spencer Shreve is pictured above as he gets some love from one of the happy swimmers.
Shreve is also shown at right as he helps Lulu navigate the water.
Shown below is Shadow, owned by Richie Anderson, as he leaps into the water.
The event was sponsored by Better Akron Recreation for Canines (BARC), which maintains the Akron Dog Park on Memorial Parkway. Some proceeds from the event went toward BARC and PAWSibilities®, Humane Society of Greater Akron. Those who attended also enjoyed food and vendors with dog-friendly items.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Dale Dong
More Community News
- Akron Council OKs Rockynol project permit
- Croghan Park rededicated
- Focus on speeding, other issues at Akron Caucus
- Bath Community Day is Aug. 2
- Summit, Medina fairs celebrate traditions
- Richfield fire chief commended for saving life
- Richfield trustees discuss mowing complaint
- Copley pet groomer reunites potbellied pig, owner
- West Side News & Notes
- West Side Education News & Notes
- New Springfield superintendent named
- Communities gearing up for Rock the Docks
- New Franklin charter changes headed to ballot
- Community event planned at East Liberty Park
- Kids Month celebrated in August
- Wingfoot One selected as new blimp name
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure - 7/26/2014
- Project Ujima Wellness Circle - 7/26/2014
- Akron Arts Expo - 7/26/2014
- Gentle Yoga for Seniors - 7/26/2014
- NEOS Dance Theatre - 7/26/2014