Pool goes to dogs as summer ends
Lifeguard Spencer Shreve is pictured above as he gets some love from one of the happy swimmers.
Shreve is also shown at right as he helps Lulu navigate the water.
Shown below is Shadow, owned by Richie Anderson, as he leaps into the water.
The event was sponsored by Better Akron Recreation for Canines (BARC), which maintains the Akron Dog Park on Memorial Parkway. Some proceeds from the event went toward BARC and PAWSibilities®, Humane Society of Greater Akron. Those who attended also enjoyed food and vendors with dog-friendly items.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Dale Dong
More Community News
- Dickinson reclaiming County Council seat
- CVNP celebrates NPS centennial
- Bath road levy renewal on ballot
- Mentors help connect students to colleges, careers
- Minority business group marks first year
- West Side News & Notes
- West Side Political News & Notes
- Council, administration clash over Nash Heights pump station
- Copley trustees prep township for winter
- Richfield Council, officials bid farewell to service director
- Richfield trustees declare property a nuisance
- Trump addresses large crowd in Akron
Calendar of Events
- GriefCare Place - 8/25/2016
- Jim Gill; Robin Roseberry - 8/25/2016
- Moustache Yourself - 8/25/2016
- Yoga in the Park - 8/25/2016
- Community Forum with the International Institute - 8/25/2016