Pool goes to dogs as summer ends
Lifeguard Spencer Shreve is pictured above as he gets some love from one of the happy swimmers.
Shreve is also shown at right as he helps Lulu navigate the water.
Shown below is Shadow, owned by Richie Anderson, as he leaps into the water.
The event was sponsored by Better Akron Recreation for Canines (BARC), which maintains the Akron Dog Park on Memorial Parkway. Some proceeds from the event went toward BARC and PAWSibilities®, Humane Society of Greater Akron. Those who attended also enjoyed food and vendors with dog-friendly items.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Dale Dong
More Community News
- Girls explore engineering careers
- County consumer protection gets attention
- Crown Point celebrating 25th year
- Local Women Who Care hoping to increase ranks
- Firestone Theatre one of first to stage ‘Mary Poppins’
- ACF announces record assets, awards $1.93 million in grants
- Akron Council voices opposition to ‘restrictive’ state bills
- Bath trustees hire staff for fire department
- Boston trustees discuss action to clear property
- Wadsworth judge presents annual report to Sharon trustees
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Clearfork Bluegrass Quartet - 3/7/2014
- Dance Fever Open House - 3/7/2014
- James Renner - 3/7/2014
- Runa - 3/7/2014
- Jonathan Butler - 3/7/2014