Pool goes to dogs as summer ends
Lifeguard Spencer Shreve is pictured above as he gets some love from one of the happy swimmers.
Shreve is also shown at right as he helps Lulu navigate the water.
Shown below is Shadow, owned by Richie Anderson, as he leaps into the water.
The event was sponsored by Better Akron Recreation for Canines (BARC), which maintains the Akron Dog Park on Memorial Parkway. Some proceeds from the event went toward BARC and PAWSibilities®, Humane Society of Greater Akron. Those who attended also enjoyed food and vendors with dog-friendly items.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Dale Dong
More Community News
- Akron considers stipend for retirees
- Fall welcomed at Bath Nature Preserve
- Norton district superintendent resigns
- Richfield Heritage Preserve master plan ideas shared
- Revere issue would fund two new schools
- Community forum planned on Revere bond issue
- West Side News & Notes
- Community Legal Aid telethon offering free legal advice
- New parents employed by county get paid leave
- Boston trustees get update on business corridor plan
- Fairlawn Council ordinance creates right-of-way management
- Bath trustees hold brief meeting
- Norton Council OKs funds for broadcasting equipment
- Copley volunteers clear illegal dump site
- Sharon trustees express concerns of safety at intersections
Calendar of Events
- “Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman” - 10/20/2016
- Book Discussion Group - 10/20/2016
- Book Club: “At the Edge of the Orchard” by Tracy Chevalier - 10/20/2016
- Danny Clark - 10/20/2016
- Double T Quilt Club - 10/20/2016