Green soldiers in War of 1812 honored
Shown at right top are John Campbell Company members presenting the colors during the ceremony. The company also performed a rifle salute, pictured above.
Green Historical Society officials laid a memorial wreath, shown at right bottom, for local descendants of the soldiers.
Several descendants of the soldiers attended the ceremony to say a few words. Shown at right middle is Treasure Collins, a member of the Swartz and Thornton families, speaking to the crowd.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- County notes success of Gay Games
- Copley fathers, sons hike Grand Canyon rim to rim
- Fairlawn updating rental, housing code
- Church offering English as second language classes
- Medina County hiking program begins Sept. 1
- Bath board approves road improvements, trail construction
- Boston officials discuss new safety measures
- Sharon Fire adding new shift
- Red Cross names interim chapter executive
- JLA accepts grant for Kids in the Kitchen project
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Norma Wagner Uray: Fashion Illustrations - 8/21/2014
- “Ride” - 8/21/2014
- Highland Book Club: “Trains and Lovers,” by Alexander McCall Smith - 8/21/2014
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation Support Group - 8/21/2014
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 8/21/2014