Green soldiers in War of 1812 honored
Shown at right top are John Campbell Company members presenting the colors during the ceremony. The company also performed a rifle salute, pictured above.
Green Historical Society officials laid a memorial wreath, shown at right bottom, for local descendants of the soldiers.
Several descendants of the soldiers attended the ceremony to say a few words. Shown at right middle is Treasure Collins, a member of the Swartz and Thornton families, speaking to the crowd.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- Proposed sales tax bump to fund safety needs
- Temple Israel makes move to Montrose
- Akron Council takes stand against powdered alcohol
- County agencies honor Violence Against Women Act
- Zane’s Foundation supports those with special needs
- AAF-Akron helps fight hunger in community
- Contract for medical coverage for county employees on table
- Boston trustees eliminate senior snow plow program
- Sharon officials announce upcoming township events
- Akron Community Foundation approves $2.3 million in grants
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- “Shane” - 10/2/2014
- Putting Your Garden to Bed - 10/2/2014
- Preschool Pals Story Time - 10/2/2014
- All-Beethoven Concert - 10/2/2014
- Paul Theroux on China: The Years Between Mao and Modernism - 10/2/2014