Green soldiers in War of 1812 honored
Shown at right top are John Campbell Company members presenting the colors during the ceremony. The company also performed a rifle salute, pictured above.
Green Historical Society officials laid a memorial wreath, shown at right bottom, for local descendants of the soldiers.
Several descendants of the soldiers attended the ceremony to say a few words. Shown at right middle is Treasure Collins, a member of the Swartz and Thornton families, speaking to the crowd.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- Revere student celebrates lifesaving actions of others
- Akron nondiscrimination law passed
- Falls Council OKs downtown transformation
- Copley HS teams in national engineering finals
- West Side News & Notes
- County predicts lower rates under new gas aggregation program
- Sparks fly due to Norton finance director’s email
- Trustees deny permit for bike event
- Richfield Village OKs rezoning, bonds for roadwork
- Granger resident shares concerns about school’s expansion
Calendar of Events
- Bringing Down the Dam - 3/30/2017
- “Trolls” - 3/30/2017
- Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous - 3/30/2017
- Hi-Fructose Storytelling with Wandering Aesthetics - 3/30/2017
- Woodland Garden and Wine Workshop - 3/30/2017