Akron artist collaborates before move south
On Sept. 7, Miller created an outdoor art garden with whimsical creatures and giant flowers made of cast-off materials at Gallery 15 on Broad Street. Miller is shown above as he works on part of the installation.
As part of the project, Miller worked closely with two local artists, Michael Marras and Megan Shane, who also specialize in metal sculptures. “Michael and Megan are rich with imagination,” Miller said in a press release. “Now that I’ve been able to give them a spacious environment and a taste of working with formidable materials, I fully expect to see colossal sculptures from them in the future.”
Marras is pictured at right top in the midst of working.
Shane is shown at right bottom with some of her creations.
Part of the installation, on the roof of the gallery building, is shown below.
Following the installation, several local artists honored Miller at the opening of an exhibit, The Dream Show, at Gallery 15. For more information, go to www.gallery15.com.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Dale Dong
More Community News
- County notes success of Gay Games
- Copley fathers, sons hike Grand Canyon rim to rim
- Fairlawn updating rental, housing code
- Church offering English as second language classes
- Medina County hiking program begins Sept. 1
- Bath board approves road improvements, trail construction
- Boston officials discuss new safety measures
- Sharon Fire adding new shift
- Red Cross names interim chapter executive
- JLA accepts grant for Kids in the Kitchen project
- West Side News & Notes
- Coventry to further fund flood mitigation
- Local man ‘model’ citizen with building hobby
- County Council notes success of Gay Games
- Cottage Grove School set for demolition
- Kick for The Cure benefiting Camp Quality, hospice
- Springfield trustees seeking to reduce water/sewer bills further
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Saturday Dance and Gymnastics - 8/23/2014
- Sixth Medina International Fest - 8/23/2014
- 24th Annual AoRC Juried Show - 8/23/2014
- “Relatively Speaking” by Alan Ayckbourn - 8/24/2014
- Hudson Stamp Show - 8/24/2014