Akron artist collaborates before move south
On Sept. 7, Miller created an outdoor art garden with whimsical creatures and giant flowers made of cast-off materials at Gallery 15 on Broad Street. Miller is shown above as he works on part of the installation.
As part of the project, Miller worked closely with two local artists, Michael Marras and Megan Shane, who also specialize in metal sculptures. “Michael and Megan are rich with imagination,” Miller said in a press release. “Now that I’ve been able to give them a spacious environment and a taste of working with formidable materials, I fully expect to see colossal sculptures from them in the future.”
Marras is pictured at right top in the midst of working.
Shane is shown at right bottom with some of her creations.
Part of the installation, on the roof of the gallery building, is shown below.
Following the installation, several local artists honored Miller at the opening of an exhibit, The Dream Show, at Gallery 15. For more information, go to www.gallery15.com.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Dale Dong
More Community News
- Girls explore engineering careers
- County consumer protection gets attention
- Crown Point celebrating 25th year
- Local Women Who Care hoping to increase ranks
- Firestone Theatre one of first to stage ‘Mary Poppins’
- ACF announces record assets, awards $1.93 million in grants
- Akron Council voices opposition to ‘restrictive’ state bills
- Bath trustees hire staff for fire department
- Boston trustees discuss action to clear property
- Wadsworth judge presents annual report to Sharon trustees
- West Side News & Notes
- County’s consumer protection gets attention
- Green district celebrates education
- Springfield trustees eyeing new pumper
- Local man impacts mental health training worldwide
- Green students Do Something good
- Lakemore making progress with village deficit
- Jewish Community Board celebrates century
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Garden Bucket List - 3/8/2014
- Akron Symphony Orchestra - 3/8/2014
- Ballroom Dancing - 3/8/2014
- Boy Scouts Troop No. 304 Pancake Breakfast - 3/8/2014
- Louie Bluie Legacy Band featuring Ralphe Armstrong - 3/8/2014