Akron artist collaborates before move south
On Sept. 7, Miller created an outdoor art garden with whimsical creatures and giant flowers made of cast-off materials at Gallery 15 on Broad Street. Miller is shown above as he works on part of the installation.
As part of the project, Miller worked closely with two local artists, Michael Marras and Megan Shane, who also specialize in metal sculptures. “Michael and Megan are rich with imagination,” Miller said in a press release. “Now that I’ve been able to give them a spacious environment and a taste of working with formidable materials, I fully expect to see colossal sculptures from them in the future.”
Marras is pictured at right top in the midst of working.
Shane is shown at right bottom with some of her creations.
Part of the installation, on the roof of the gallery building, is shown below.
Following the installation, several local artists honored Miller at the opening of an exhibit, The Dream Show, at Gallery 15. For more information, go to www.gallery15.com.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Dale Dong
More Community News
- Downtown Akron retail, housing planned
- Sharon kicks off Christmas season
- Litchfield CLC accepted into IB program
- State auditor releases special report on open enrollment
- Falls Council hears utility audit report
- West Side News & Notes
- ADM Services Board recognizes Trailblazers
- Work on 2017 county budget continues
- Boston trustees discuss business not registered in JEDD
- Bath trustees reduce speed limit on Bonnebrook
- Bath Community Fund awards first grants
- Sharon trustees discuss Eagle Scout project
- Auditor releases report on open enrollment
- Lakemore lights up for holidays
- Downtown retail, housing planned on South Main
- Springfield district planning stadium improvements
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Gardening Through the Year: Wreath Making - 12/4/2016
- ”Nutcracker” - 12/4/2016
- University of Akron Choirs: ‘Tis the Season - 12/4/2016
- Dixieland Jazz Concert - 12/4/2016
- Crafty Mart Presents Cottage Mart - 12/4/2016