Walk on Wild Side at Akron Zoo
WEST AKRON — Walk on the Wild Side will be held Sept. 21 from 8 to 10 a.m. at the Akron Zoo, 500 Edgewood Ave.
The charity walk is hosted by Bonyo’s Kenya Mission to support HIV/AIDS education and care for the impoverished people of Masara, Kenya. The event will include a walk through the zoo before it opens to the public and information on Bonyo’s Kenya Mission. All proceeds will go directly to provide medical care, education, resources and more to the people living in this area of western Kenya affected by HIV/AIDS, according to event officials.
Participants are welcome to stay at the zoo following the walk to enjoy the animals.
The registration fee is $25 for adults and children older than 14, and $10 for children 3-14 years old. A family rate is available for $75 for four people. Parking is free to walk participants.
Preregistration is recommended and can be made at www.bonyoskenyamission.org. Forms also are available on Bonyo’s Kenya Mission Facebook page.
More Community News
- Health officials turn attention to flu
- Vet Art Project promotes healing through shared stories
- Retired Norton police chief looks back on career
- Akron City Council commends Amber Vinson
- Preservation Alliance celebrating 30 years
- County planning Boston Mills Road improvements
- Natatorium’s deficit lessens in Falls
- Trustees discuss potential change in JEDD tax collection
- Cost will determine sewer system type in Norton
- Granger trustees approve work on Fire Station parking lot
- Richfield Village Council approves new cemetery fees
- Local Boy Scout earns Eagle rank with patio build
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Robert Gruca - 10/30/2014
- Family Halloween Party - 10/30/2014
- “Toy Story of Terror” and “Hocus Pocus" - 10/30/2014
- Artists Who Teach - 10/31/2014
- “Family Health” Book Sale - 10/31/2014