Walk on Wild Side at Akron Zoo
WEST AKRON — Walk on the Wild Side will be held Sept. 21 from 8 to 10 a.m. at the Akron Zoo, 500 Edgewood Ave.
The charity walk is hosted by Bonyo’s Kenya Mission to support HIV/AIDS education and care for the impoverished people of Masara, Kenya. The event will include a walk through the zoo before it opens to the public and information on Bonyo’s Kenya Mission. All proceeds will go directly to provide medical care, education, resources and more to the people living in this area of western Kenya affected by HIV/AIDS, according to event officials.
Participants are welcome to stay at the zoo following the walk to enjoy the animals.
The registration fee is $25 for adults and children older than 14, and $10 for children 3-14 years old. A family rate is available for $75 for four people. Parking is free to walk participants.
Preregistration is recommended and can be made at www.bonyoskenyamission.org. Forms also are available on Bonyo’s Kenya Mission Facebook page.
More Community News
- Moneypenny ready to take mayor’s seat
- Copley celebrates Memorial Day
- Founders’ Day will mark AA’s 80th year
- Shy shares credit for park district successes
- West Side News & Notes
- Copley asks Ohio Supreme Court to hear Rothrock appeal
- Historic designation sought for Keyser property
- Copley trustees approve building replacement
- Richfield police chief warns residents about burglars
- Richfield trustees discuss Crowell Hilaka property use
- Council reviews rebids for Central Park
- Green celebrates Memorial Day
- New Franklin sinks idea for Tudor House dock
- Green assistant fire chief retiring
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure - 5/30/2015
- Yoga for Kids: ages 6-10 - 5/30/2015
- Archery Games for Kids: ages 9-12 - 5/30/2015
- Warm and Hot in Peninsula - 5/30/2015
- Doo Wop Legends in Concert - 5/30/2015