Walk on Wild Side at Akron Zoo
WEST AKRON — Walk on the Wild Side will be held Sept. 21 from 8 to 10 a.m. at the Akron Zoo, 500 Edgewood Ave.
The charity walk is hosted by Bonyo’s Kenya Mission to support HIV/AIDS education and care for the impoverished people of Masara, Kenya. The event will include a walk through the zoo before it opens to the public and information on Bonyo’s Kenya Mission. All proceeds will go directly to provide medical care, education, resources and more to the people living in this area of western Kenya affected by HIV/AIDS, according to event officials.
Participants are welcome to stay at the zoo following the walk to enjoy the animals.
The registration fee is $25 for adults and children older than 14, and $10 for children 3-14 years old. A family rate is available for $75 for four people. Parking is free to walk participants.
Preregistration is recommended and can be made at www.bonyoskenyamission.org. Forms also are available on Bonyo’s Kenya Mission Facebook page.
More Community News
- Akron Council raises campaign limits
- Animals in need find home at Forever Amber Acres
- Mustard Seed eyes May opening in Highland Square
- Reentry Network offers safety net for parolees
- West Side News & Notes
- Celebrate with religious sights, sounds
- Reentry Network announces 2015 programs
- Cub Scouts participate in ‘Operation Smile’
- Fairlawn officials remember former Council member
- OWRC installs 2015 officers
- Bath trustees reject fact-finder’s report
- Boston officials discuss new tax collection agency
- Sharon trustees revisit resurfacing agreement
- Hattie Larlham gets early Christmas gift
- Norton officers take part in Shop with a Cop
- Norton food drive to help families
Calendar of Events
- Akron Symphony Holiday Pops - 12/18/2014
- Akron Pops Orchestra Holiday Concert - 12/18/2014
- Yoga in the Park - 12/18/2014
- Weekday Walkers - 12/18/2014
- “Annie” - 12/18/2014