Walk on Wild Side at Akron Zoo
WEST AKRON — Walk on the Wild Side will be held Sept. 21 from 8 to 10 a.m. at the Akron Zoo, 500 Edgewood Ave.
The charity walk is hosted by Bonyo’s Kenya Mission to support HIV/AIDS education and care for the impoverished people of Masara, Kenya. The event will include a walk through the zoo before it opens to the public and information on Bonyo’s Kenya Mission. All proceeds will go directly to provide medical care, education, resources and more to the people living in this area of western Kenya affected by HIV/AIDS, according to event officials.
Participants are welcome to stay at the zoo following the walk to enjoy the animals.
The registration fee is $25 for adults and children older than 14, and $10 for children 3-14 years old. A family rate is available for $75 for four people. Parking is free to walk participants.
Preregistration is recommended and can be made at www.bonyoskenyamission.org. Forms also are available on Bonyo’s Kenya Mission Facebook page.
More Community News
- Sewer bill relief options debated
- Firestone alums get last, first looks at schools
- Council learns of drug treatment options
- Plusquellic steps back into spotlight
- Copley-Fairlawn D.A.R.E. impact shows in essays
- West Side News & Notes
- Falls Council honors Acme with street naming award
- Trustees hear updated plan for Cuyahoga Falls-Boston JEDD area
- Norton Council discusses proposed donation of cemetery
- Falls mayor to unveil new city logo
- Richfield trustees proceed with road levy
- Granger trustees discuss zoning issues
- Food sensitivities explored
- Norton Kiwanis welcomes member, presents check
- Norton officials participate in Special Olympics Torch Run
Calendar of Events
- Fossils For Kids - 6/30/2016
- Robin Roseberry - 6/30/2016
- Art by Portage Path CLC Students - 6/30/2016
- Members’ Show - 6/30/2016
- Cuyahoga Falls Community Band - 6/30/2016