Walk on Wild Side at Akron Zoo
WEST AKRON — Walk on the Wild Side will be held Sept. 21 from 8 to 10 a.m. at the Akron Zoo, 500 Edgewood Ave.
The charity walk is hosted by Bonyo’s Kenya Mission to support HIV/AIDS education and care for the impoverished people of Masara, Kenya. The event will include a walk through the zoo before it opens to the public and information on Bonyo’s Kenya Mission. All proceeds will go directly to provide medical care, education, resources and more to the people living in this area of western Kenya affected by HIV/AIDS, according to event officials.
Participants are welcome to stay at the zoo following the walk to enjoy the animals.
The registration fee is $25 for adults and children older than 14, and $10 for children 3-14 years old. A family rate is available for $75 for four people. Parking is free to walk participants.
Preregistration is recommended and can be made at www.bonyoskenyamission.org. Forms also are available on Bonyo’s Kenya Mission Facebook page.
More Community News
- Akron Council OKs Rockynol project permit
- Croghan Park rededicated
- Focus on speeding, other issues at Akron Caucus
- Bath Community Day is Aug. 2
- Summit, Medina fairs celebrate traditions
- Richfield fire chief commended for saving life
- Richfield trustees discuss mowing complaint
- Copley pet groomer reunites potbellied pig, owner
- West Side News & Notes
- West Side Education News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Summertime Card Party - 7/25/2014
- Voices in the Valley: Jim Gill - 7/25/2014
- Wine Tasting and Silent Auction - 7/25/2014
- Tony Rio - 7/25/2014
- A New Adventure - 7/26/2014