Fall seminars offered at Peninsula Library
PENINSULA — The Peninsula Library, 6105 Riverview Road, will offer several short seminars for those getting ready for retirement or for families interested in living trusts.
Call the library at 330-657-2291 or email email@example.com to register for any of the following free programs:
- Monday Night Retirement Series, 6:30 p.m. — financial planning professionals James Sexton III, CFP®, CFS and Alan Shall CPA, CFP®, CFA, of Western Reserve Capital Management, will lead intensive one-hour classes designed to help participants become financially aware. They include:
√ Sept. 16: “Retirement Income Planning: Find out How Much You Need” — This class will take an in-depth look at some common and costly mistakes retirees make with their investments.
√ Sept. 23: “Your Retirement and Your IRA: Avoiding Costly Mistakes While Keeping More of Your Retirement Money” — Attendees will learn the proper way to transfer 401(k)s and 403(b)s, how to deal with individual retirement account (IRA) pension rollovers and the potential of changing tax laws affecting these accounts.
√ Sept. 30: “Sound Investing for Retirees” — As more people approach retirement, the need for a solid understanding of basic economic and investment concepts increases, according to organizers. Questions about assets, stocks, bonds and more will be answered in this hour-long program.
- “Elder Law,” Sept. 19, 7 p.m. — Attorney Margie Karl, of Karl and Smith, will lead a seminar on what a living trust means for a family and how to protect a family’s estate. There are tips to avoid losing 10 percent of funds to attorneys and probate court.
More Community News
- Minus kitchen, shelter will feed residents
- Revere students schooled on financial literacy
- Travel expenses spur Akron City Council discussion
- Copley survey results to guide development
- West Side News & Notes
- Norton celebrates upgraded bond rating
- Four to seek vacant Norton City Council seat
- Sharon Post Office to host Passport Fair
- Council delays vote on repairs to downtown decks
- Peninsula Council honors resident
- Boston trustees discuss new speed limit law
- Council considers rezoning request on West Streetsboro Road
- Trustees OK agreement for Southern Road property
- Granger property owner addresses BZA ruling
- Police seeking help with burglaries
- Green Middle School assisting students in need
- Coventry district presents report on open enrollment
- Coventry closes door to new gaming establishments
- South Side News & Notes
- Even without kitchen, shelter will feed residents
Calendar of Events
- Teen Advisory Board - 2/21/2017
- A New Adventure: group for widows and widowers - 2/22/2017
- “Saturday Night Fever — The Musical” - 2/22/2017
- Hydration in Older Adults - 2/22/2017
- Meet Me in the Garden - 2/22/2017