Fall seminars offered at Peninsula Library
PENINSULA — The Peninsula Library, 6105 Riverview Road, will offer several short seminars for those getting ready for retirement or for families interested in living trusts.
Call the library at 330-657-2291 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register for any of the following free programs:
- Monday Night Retirement Series, 6:30 p.m. — financial planning professionals James Sexton III, CFP®, CFS and Alan Shall CPA, CFP®, CFA, of Western Reserve Capital Management, will lead intensive one-hour classes designed to help participants become financially aware. They include:
√ Sept. 16: “Retirement Income Planning: Find out How Much You Need” — This class will take an in-depth look at some common and costly mistakes retirees make with their investments.
√ Sept. 23: “Your Retirement and Your IRA: Avoiding Costly Mistakes While Keeping More of Your Retirement Money” — Attendees will learn the proper way to transfer 401(k)s and 403(b)s, how to deal with individual retirement account (IRA) pension rollovers and the potential of changing tax laws affecting these accounts.
√ Sept. 30: “Sound Investing for Retirees” — As more people approach retirement, the need for a solid understanding of basic economic and investment concepts increases, according to organizers. Questions about assets, stocks, bonds and more will be answered in this hour-long program.
- “Elder Law,” Sept. 19, 7 p.m. — Attorney Margie Karl, of Karl and Smith, will lead a seminar on what a living trust means for a family and how to protect a family’s estate. There are tips to avoid losing 10 percent of funds to attorneys and probate court.
More Community News
- West Market site to include fourth building
- BioBlitz deemed success at national park
- Sheriff’s Office providing aid during RNC
- Memorial Day parades, ceremonies planned
- West Side News & Notes
- Mitzvah Day volunteers take on projects
- West Side Political News & Notes
- Falls may extend agreements for Menards
- Norton Council considers cell tower lease agreement
- Granger trustees discuss fiscal matters
- Richfield Council hopes charity continues
- Crowell Hilaka lake to be assessed
- Copley police sergeants promoted
Calendar of Events
- Dirty Deeds (tribute to AC/DC) with Grunge DNA - 5/27/2016
- Play: Theatre Games with Wandering Aesthetics: ages 5-9 - 5/27/2016
- Tony Rio with Socrates and the Philosophers - 5/27/2016
- A New Adventure - 5/28/2016
- Electric Pressure Cooker Open Mic - 5/28/2016