Fall seminars offered at Peninsula Library
PENINSULA — The Peninsula Library, 6105 Riverview Road, will offer several short seminars for those getting ready for retirement or for families interested in living trusts.
Call the library at 330-657-2291 or email email@example.com to register for any of the following free programs:
- Monday Night Retirement Series, 6:30 p.m. — financial planning professionals James Sexton III, CFP®, CFS and Alan Shall CPA, CFP®, CFA, of Western Reserve Capital Management, will lead intensive one-hour classes designed to help participants become financially aware. They include:
√ Sept. 16: “Retirement Income Planning: Find out How Much You Need” — This class will take an in-depth look at some common and costly mistakes retirees make with their investments.
√ Sept. 23: “Your Retirement and Your IRA: Avoiding Costly Mistakes While Keeping More of Your Retirement Money” — Attendees will learn the proper way to transfer 401(k)s and 403(b)s, how to deal with individual retirement account (IRA) pension rollovers and the potential of changing tax laws affecting these accounts.
√ Sept. 30: “Sound Investing for Retirees” — As more people approach retirement, the need for a solid understanding of basic economic and investment concepts increases, according to organizers. Questions about assets, stocks, bonds and more will be answered in this hour-long program.
- “Elder Law,” Sept. 19, 7 p.m. — Attorney Margie Karl, of Karl and Smith, will lead a seminar on what a living trust means for a family and how to protect a family’s estate. There are tips to avoid losing 10 percent of funds to attorneys and probate court.
More Community News
- Girls explore engineering careers
- County consumer protection gets attention
- Crown Point celebrating 25th year
- Local Women Who Care hoping to increase ranks
- Firestone Theatre one of first to stage ‘Mary Poppins’
- ACF announces record assets, awards $1.93 million in grants
- Akron Council voices opposition to ‘restrictive’ state bills
- Bath trustees hire staff for fire department
- Boston trustees discuss action to clear property
- Wadsworth judge presents annual report to Sharon trustees
- West Side News & Notes
- County’s consumer protection gets attention
- Green district celebrates education
- Springfield trustees eyeing new pumper
- Local man impacts mental health training worldwide
- Green students Do Something good
- Lakemore making progress with village deficit
- Jewish Community Board celebrates century
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Widows and Widowers Under 50 - 3/12/2014
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 3/12/2014
- Akron Pops Orchestra - 3/13/2014
- St. Pat’s Benefit Card Party - 3/13/2014
- Revere Relay for Life Night - 3/13/2014