Fall seminars offered at Peninsula Library
PENINSULA — The Peninsula Library, 6105 Riverview Road, will offer several short seminars for those getting ready for retirement or for families interested in living trusts.
Call the library at 330-657-2291 or email email@example.com to register for any of the following free programs:
- Monday Night Retirement Series, 6:30 p.m. — financial planning professionals James Sexton III, CFP®, CFS and Alan Shall CPA, CFP®, CFA, of Western Reserve Capital Management, will lead intensive one-hour classes designed to help participants become financially aware. They include:
√ Sept. 16: “Retirement Income Planning: Find out How Much You Need” — This class will take an in-depth look at some common and costly mistakes retirees make with their investments.
√ Sept. 23: “Your Retirement and Your IRA: Avoiding Costly Mistakes While Keeping More of Your Retirement Money” — Attendees will learn the proper way to transfer 401(k)s and 403(b)s, how to deal with individual retirement account (IRA) pension rollovers and the potential of changing tax laws affecting these accounts.
√ Sept. 30: “Sound Investing for Retirees” — As more people approach retirement, the need for a solid understanding of basic economic and investment concepts increases, according to organizers. Questions about assets, stocks, bonds and more will be answered in this hour-long program.
- “Elder Law,” Sept. 19, 7 p.m. — Attorney Margie Karl, of Karl and Smith, will lead a seminar on what a living trust means for a family and how to protect a family’s estate. There are tips to avoid losing 10 percent of funds to attorneys and probate court.
More Community News
- Akron seeking help with ‘sensitive’ incidents
- King CLC opens to public
- Fire in Richfield destroys building, equipment
- Breaking Addiction Act gets partial support from Council
- APS focusing on digital needs, offerings
- Norton OKs fire truck purchase
- County ordinance may pave way for Copley flood relief
- Richfield trustees discuss recovery from recent fire
- Richfield Village assisting township with aid after fire
- Community input requested on land conservancy proposal
- Search for missing woman continues in CVNP
- West Side News & Notes
- Sheriff’s Office talks policing contract, sales tax with Coventry
- Community ‘quilt’ sculpture unveiled at art-A-palooza
- Green Council denies zoning for apartment complex
- New Franklin Council OKs lawsuit settlement
- County Council gives partial support to Breaking Addiction Act
- Spring Hill gets new playground
- ACF, city join to award grants for local neighborhoods
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- “The Boiling Point” - 9/2/2014
- Akron Symphony Chorus - 9/2/2014
- Wilco with special guest Bahamas - 9/4/2014
- Full Moon Labyrinth Walk Workshop: The Harvest Moon: “Sing, Dance and Celebrate” - 9/7/2014
- Open House - 9/7/2014