Fall seminars offered at Peninsula Library
PENINSULA — The Peninsula Library, 6105 Riverview Road, will offer several short seminars for those getting ready for retirement or for families interested in living trusts.
Call the library at 330-657-2291 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register for any of the following free programs:
- Monday Night Retirement Series, 6:30 p.m. — financial planning professionals James Sexton III, CFP®, CFS and Alan Shall CPA, CFP®, CFA, of Western Reserve Capital Management, will lead intensive one-hour classes designed to help participants become financially aware. They include:
√ Sept. 16: “Retirement Income Planning: Find out How Much You Need” — This class will take an in-depth look at some common and costly mistakes retirees make with their investments.
√ Sept. 23: “Your Retirement and Your IRA: Avoiding Costly Mistakes While Keeping More of Your Retirement Money” — Attendees will learn the proper way to transfer 401(k)s and 403(b)s, how to deal with individual retirement account (IRA) pension rollovers and the potential of changing tax laws affecting these accounts.
√ Sept. 30: “Sound Investing for Retirees” — As more people approach retirement, the need for a solid understanding of basic economic and investment concepts increases, according to organizers. Questions about assets, stocks, bonds and more will be answered in this hour-long program.
- “Elder Law,” Sept. 19, 7 p.m. — Attorney Margie Karl, of Karl and Smith, will lead a seminar on what a living trust means for a family and how to protect a family’s estate. There are tips to avoid losing 10 percent of funds to attorneys and probate court.
More Community News
- Health officials turn attention to flu
- Vet Art Project promotes healing through shared stories
- Retired Norton police chief looks back on career
- Akron City Council commends Amber Vinson
- Preservation Alliance celebrating 30 years
- County planning Boston Mills Road improvements
- Natatorium’s deficit lessens in Falls
- Trustees discuss potential change in JEDD tax collection
- Cost will determine sewer system type in Norton
- Granger trustees approve work on Fire Station parking lot
- Richfield Village Council approves new cemetery fees
- Local Boy Scout earns Eagle rank with patio build
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Robert Gruca - 10/30/2014
- Family Halloween Party - 10/30/2014
- “Toy Story of Terror” and “Hocus Pocus" - 10/30/2014
- Artists Who Teach - 10/31/2014
- “Family Health” Book Sale - 10/31/2014