Manchester celebrates alumni, win
The Panthers (2-0) continued their winning streak with a 30-19 win over the visiting Woodridge High School Bulldogs (1-1).
The game also was the annual Hall of Fame game, with five new inductees enshrined into the Manchester Athletic Hall of Fame at halftime. The inductees, shown above, from left, include Scott Cantrell, Jordan Portraitis, Michael Hollenbach, Rob Adamson and James Smith.
The Manchester Alumni Association hosted its 12th annual Pre-Game Tailgate Party prior to the Panthers’ football game. Following the game, the Athletic Hall of Fame Reception was held with cake and refreshments.
The Manchester Alumni Band also performed during the evening’s festivities.
Alumni who joined the marching band at halftime were trumpeters, shown below, from left, Danielle Shaffer (Class of 2011), Eric Elmond (Class of 2010) and Kevin Six (Class of 2003).
For more on the game, see Page 9.
— By Kathleen Collins
Photos: Dale Dong
More Community News
- State capital improvements issue on ballot
- Blue herons prepare for new arrivals
- West Akron rezoning request withdrawn
- Fundraisers for brain cancer research planned
- Eagle Scouts plan special trip to honor D-Day
- County Council considering raises for employees
- Fairlawn Police Department promotes five officers
- Peninsula Council approves agricultural district renewal
- Bath trustees conduct business for Revere students
- Dates set for annual Richfield community celebration
- Richfield trustees approve settlement for use of crusher
- Copley seeking new bids to raze Community Center
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Apollo’s Fire - 4/24/2014
- “Bye Bye Birdie” - 4/24/2014
- Alzheimer’s Association Caregiver Support Group - 4/24/2014
- Delicious, Healthful Olive Oil - 4/24/2014
- Open House - 4/24/2014