Manchester celebrates alumni, win
The Panthers (2-0) continued their winning streak with a 30-19 win over the visiting Woodridge High School Bulldogs (1-1).
The game also was the annual Hall of Fame game, with five new inductees enshrined into the Manchester Athletic Hall of Fame at halftime. The inductees, shown above, from left, include Scott Cantrell, Jordan Portraitis, Michael Hollenbach, Rob Adamson and James Smith.
The Manchester Alumni Association hosted its 12th annual Pre-Game Tailgate Party prior to the Panthers’ football game. Following the game, the Athletic Hall of Fame Reception was held with cake and refreshments.
The Manchester Alumni Band also performed during the evening’s festivities.
Alumni who joined the marching band at halftime were trumpeters, shown below, from left, Danielle Shaffer (Class of 2011), Eric Elmond (Class of 2010) and Kevin Six (Class of 2003).
For more on the game, see Page 9.
— By Kathleen Collins
Photos: Dale Dong
More Community News
- Health officials probe hospital TB exposure
- Richfield Village kicks off jubilee year
- Falls forms team to address opiate addiction
- Kurt continues as Clerk of Courts
- Early meetings don’t dissuade Copley Key Club members
- West Side News & Notes
- Boston trustees honor community members
- Impact Award winners honored
- Bath trustees request intersection study
- Shapiro takes oath of office
- Mature Services receives grant for program
Calendar of Events
- Play and Stay Friday - 1/20/2017
- 11th Annual Chili Challenge to benefit Akron Children’s Hospital’s Burn Unit - 1/20/2017
- Silly Fridays: Create Your Own Crystal Garden - 1/20/2017
- Homeschoolers: The Power of Poison: ages 11-14 - 1/20/2017
- Puppet Show: Mindy Mouse Finds a Flower - 1/21/2017