Manchester celebrates alumni, win
The Panthers (2-0) continued their winning streak with a 30-19 win over the visiting Woodridge High School Bulldogs (1-1).
The game also was the annual Hall of Fame game, with five new inductees enshrined into the Manchester Athletic Hall of Fame at halftime. The inductees, shown above, from left, include Scott Cantrell, Jordan Portraitis, Michael Hollenbach, Rob Adamson and James Smith.
The Manchester Alumni Association hosted its 12th annual Pre-Game Tailgate Party prior to the Panthers’ football game. Following the game, the Athletic Hall of Fame Reception was held with cake and refreshments.
The Manchester Alumni Band also performed during the evening’s festivities.
Alumni who joined the marching band at halftime were trumpeters, shown below, from left, Danielle Shaffer (Class of 2011), Eric Elmond (Class of 2010) and Kevin Six (Class of 2003).
For more on the game, see Page 9.
— By Kathleen Collins
Photos: Dale Dong
More Community News
- Girls explore engineering careers
- County consumer protection gets attention
- Crown Point celebrating 25th year
- Local Women Who Care hoping to increase ranks
- Firestone Theatre one of first to stage ‘Mary Poppins’
- ACF announces record assets, awards $1.93 million in grants
- Akron Council voices opposition to ‘restrictive’ state bills
- Bath trustees hire staff for fire department
- Boston trustees discuss action to clear property
- Wadsworth judge presents annual report to Sharon trustees
- West Side News & Notes
- County’s consumer protection gets attention
- Green district celebrates education
- Springfield trustees eyeing new pumper
- Local man impacts mental health training worldwide
- Green students Do Something good
- Lakemore making progress with village deficit
- Jewish Community Board celebrates century
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Evening Retirement Series - 3/10/2014
- Anchoring - 3/10/2014
- A Far Cry with Matt Haimovitz - 3/11/2014
- Mudcakes - 3/11/2014
- Widows and Widowers Under 50 - 3/12/2014