Manchester celebrates alumni, win
The Panthers (2-0) continued their winning streak with a 30-19 win over the visiting Woodridge High School Bulldogs (1-1).
The game also was the annual Hall of Fame game, with five new inductees enshrined into the Manchester Athletic Hall of Fame at halftime. The inductees, shown above, from left, include Scott Cantrell, Jordan Portraitis, Michael Hollenbach, Rob Adamson and James Smith.
The Manchester Alumni Association hosted its 12th annual Pre-Game Tailgate Party prior to the Panthers’ football game. Following the game, the Athletic Hall of Fame Reception was held with cake and refreshments.
The Manchester Alumni Band also performed during the evening’s festivities.
Alumni who joined the marching band at halftime were trumpeters, shown below, from left, Danielle Shaffer (Class of 2011), Eric Elmond (Class of 2010) and Kevin Six (Class of 2003).
For more on the game, see Page 9.
— By Kathleen Collins
Photos: Dale Dong
More Community News
- Health officials turn attention to flu
- Vet Art Project promotes healing through shared stories
- Retired Norton police chief looks back on career
- Akron City Council commends Amber Vinson
- Preservation Alliance celebrating 30 years
- County planning Boston Mills Road improvements
- Natatorium’s deficit lessens in Falls
- Trustees discuss potential change in JEDD tax collection
- Cost will determine sewer system type in Norton
- Granger trustees approve work on Fire Station parking lot
- Richfield Village Council approves new cemetery fees
- Local Boy Scout earns Eagle rank with patio build
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Artists Who Teach - 10/31/2014
- “Family Health” Book Sale - 10/31/2014
- Beyond D.A.B.D.A.: Grief Counseling with Children and Adults - 10/31/2014
- The Midtown Men - 10/31/2014
- Creepy Crawlies - 10/31/2014