Manchester celebrates alumni, win
The Panthers (2-0) continued their winning streak with a 30-19 win over the visiting Woodridge High School Bulldogs (1-1).
The game also was the annual Hall of Fame game, with five new inductees enshrined into the Manchester Athletic Hall of Fame at halftime. The inductees, shown above, from left, include Scott Cantrell, Jordan Portraitis, Michael Hollenbach, Rob Adamson and James Smith.
The Manchester Alumni Association hosted its 12th annual Pre-Game Tailgate Party prior to the Panthers’ football game. Following the game, the Athletic Hall of Fame Reception was held with cake and refreshments.
The Manchester Alumni Band also performed during the evening’s festivities.
Alumni who joined the marching band at halftime were trumpeters, shown below, from left, Danielle Shaffer (Class of 2011), Eric Elmond (Class of 2010) and Kevin Six (Class of 2003).
For more on the game, see Page 9.
— By Kathleen Collins
Photos: Dale Dong
More Community News
- Akron Council OKs Rockynol project permit
- Croghan Park rededicated
- Focus on speeding, other issues at Akron Caucus
- Bath Community Day is Aug. 2
- Summit, Medina fairs celebrate traditions
- Richfield fire chief commended for saving life
- Richfield trustees discuss mowing complaint
- Copley pet groomer reunites potbellied pig, owner
- West Side News & Notes
- West Side Education News & Notes
- New Springfield superintendent named
- Communities gearing up for Rock the Docks
- New Franklin charter changes headed to ballot
- Community event planned at East Liberty Park
- Kids Month celebrated in August
- Wingfoot One selected as new blimp name
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Windows 8 - 7/29/2014
- Pilates - 7/30/2014
- Intercourse the Collective - 7/30/2014
- “Summer Fun” Book Sale - 7/31/2014
- Works by Portage Path Community Learning Center art students - 7/31/2014