CASA/GAL announces additional support, seeks partners
DOWNTOWN AKRON — Summit County CASA/GAL will host its annual “I Am for the Child” Fundraising Breakfast Nov. 7 at 7:30 a.m. at Quaker Station.
CASA is seeking additional sponsors to help achieve its goal of raising at least $50,000. According to CASA/GAL officials, 100 percent of all proceeds from this event will be used for the recruitment, training and support of CASA volunteers to ensure abused and neglected children in the Akron community can receive proper help.
During the event, John Saros, executive director of Summit County Children Services, will be honored by the Summit County CASA/GAL Volunteer Board of Trustees as the 2013 William P. Kannel Child Advocate of the Year. This award is given to an individual who has demonstrated exemplary commitment to improving the lives of abused and neglected children in Summit County.
Brown Dog Productions Inc. and State and Federal Communications Inc. have committed to the Silver Sponsorship level, donating $2,500 or more. Akron Children’s Hospital, FirstEnergy Corp. and Robert W. Baird-Kim Haws Falasco each committed to the Bronze Sponsorship level, donating $1,000 or more. Akron Metropolitan Housing Authority and PCR Business Systems have committed to the Friend Sponsorship level, donating $450 or more.
“We are so thankful for these sponsorships and look forward to additional support leading up to the event,” said Beth Cardina, CASA program coordinator.
Sterling Jewelers Inc. also has pledged to match any gift, up to a total maximum donation of $25,000.
“We are more than appreciative for Sterling’s generous and long‐term commitment to Summit County CASA/GAL,” Cardina said.
For details on the event or sponsorship opportunities, call Cardina at 330-643-2514.
Stephanie Kist contributed to this report.
More Community News
- County notes success of Gay Games
- Copley fathers, sons hike Grand Canyon rim to rim
- Fairlawn updating rental, housing code
- Church offering English as second language classes
- Medina County hiking program begins Sept. 1
- Bath board approves road improvements, trail construction
- Boston officials discuss new safety measures
- Sharon Fire adding new shift
- Red Cross names interim chapter executive
- JLA accepts grant for Kids in the Kitchen project
- West Side News & Notes
- Coventry to further fund flood mitigation
- Local man ‘model’ citizen with building hobby
- County Council notes success of Gay Games
- Cottage Grove School set for demolition
- Kick for The Cure benefiting Camp Quality, hospice
- Springfield trustees seeking to reduce water/sewer bills further
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- “Divergent” - 8/28/2014
- 11th Annual Juried Fiber Arts Show - 8/29/2014
- Texas Hold’em Afternoon - 8/29/2014
- A New Beginning - 8/30/2014
- Outdoor Yoga - 8/30/2014