CASA/GAL announces additional support, seeks partners
DOWNTOWN AKRON — Summit County CASA/GAL will host its annual “I Am for the Child” Fundraising Breakfast Nov. 7 at 7:30 a.m. at Quaker Station.
CASA is seeking additional sponsors to help achieve its goal of raising at least $50,000. According to CASA/GAL officials, 100 percent of all proceeds from this event will be used for the recruitment, training and support of CASA volunteers to ensure abused and neglected children in the Akron community can receive proper help.
During the event, John Saros, executive director of Summit County Children Services, will be honored by the Summit County CASA/GAL Volunteer Board of Trustees as the 2013 William P. Kannel Child Advocate of the Year. This award is given to an individual who has demonstrated exemplary commitment to improving the lives of abused and neglected children in Summit County.
Brown Dog Productions Inc. and State and Federal Communications Inc. have committed to the Silver Sponsorship level, donating $2,500 or more. Akron Children’s Hospital, FirstEnergy Corp. and Robert W. Baird-Kim Haws Falasco each committed to the Bronze Sponsorship level, donating $1,000 or more. Akron Metropolitan Housing Authority and PCR Business Systems have committed to the Friend Sponsorship level, donating $450 or more.
“We are so thankful for these sponsorships and look forward to additional support leading up to the event,” said Beth Cardina, CASA program coordinator.
Sterling Jewelers Inc. also has pledged to match any gift, up to a total maximum donation of $25,000.
“We are more than appreciative for Sterling’s generous and long‐term commitment to Summit County CASA/GAL,” Cardina said.
For details on the event or sponsorship opportunities, call Cardina at 330-643-2514.
Stephanie Kist contributed to this report.
More Community News
- Health district moving to West Akron
- Runners get in Halloween spirit
- Granger voters to see road, fire levies on ballot
- Fire levy on ballot in Sharon
- West Akron man volunteering in Ghana
- Falls implementing civil dispute program
- Boston to receive funds from NPS
- Richfield mayor discusses village’s investments
- Granger trustees continue to review conservation easement
- Stow Court modernizing, shares info with Richfield Chamber
- OFSC presents funds to burn unit
- West Side News & Notes
- Lakemore asking voters to renew fire levy
- Acme celebrates opening
- Coventry trustees asking voters to support Issue 53
- Residents oppose proposed gas line through Green
- Springfield helping with Canton Road corridor work
- Health district readies for new home
- Green Fire named STEMI Award winner
- Green employee receives Patriot Award
- Students share green thumb efforts
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- “Godzilla” - 10/23/2014
- Campfire: Northern Cheyenne Indians - 10/23/2014
- GriefCare Place - 10/23/2014
- The Tubes - 10/24/2014
- Tales for Tots - 10/24/2014