CASA/GAL announces additional support, seeks partners
DOWNTOWN AKRON — Summit County CASA/GAL will host its annual “I Am for the Child” Fundraising Breakfast Nov. 7 at 7:30 a.m. at Quaker Station.
CASA is seeking additional sponsors to help achieve its goal of raising at least $50,000. According to CASA/GAL officials, 100 percent of all proceeds from this event will be used for the recruitment, training and support of CASA volunteers to ensure abused and neglected children in the Akron community can receive proper help.
During the event, John Saros, executive director of Summit County Children Services, will be honored by the Summit County CASA/GAL Volunteer Board of Trustees as the 2013 William P. Kannel Child Advocate of the Year. This award is given to an individual who has demonstrated exemplary commitment to improving the lives of abused and neglected children in Summit County.
Brown Dog Productions Inc. and State and Federal Communications Inc. have committed to the Silver Sponsorship level, donating $2,500 or more. Akron Children’s Hospital, FirstEnergy Corp. and Robert W. Baird-Kim Haws Falasco each committed to the Bronze Sponsorship level, donating $1,000 or more. Akron Metropolitan Housing Authority and PCR Business Systems have committed to the Friend Sponsorship level, donating $450 or more.
“We are so thankful for these sponsorships and look forward to additional support leading up to the event,” said Beth Cardina, CASA program coordinator.
Sterling Jewelers Inc. also has pledged to match any gift, up to a total maximum donation of $25,000.
“We are more than appreciative for Sterling’s generous and long‐term commitment to Summit County CASA/GAL,” Cardina said.
For details on the event or sponsorship opportunities, call Cardina at 330-643-2514.
Stephanie Kist contributed to this report.
More Community News
- Downtown Akron retail, housing planned
- Sharon kicks off Christmas season
- Litchfield CLC accepted into IB program
- State auditor releases special report on open enrollment
- Falls Council hears utility audit report
- West Side News & Notes
- ADM Services Board recognizes Trailblazers
- Work on 2017 county budget continues
- Boston trustees discuss business not registered in JEDD
- Bath trustees reduce speed limit on Bonnebrook
- Bath Community Fund awards first grants
- Sharon trustees discuss Eagle Scout project
- Auditor releases report on open enrollment
- Lakemore lights up for holidays
- Downtown retail, housing planned on South Main
- Springfield district planning stadium improvements
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Helen Welch Trio; Jan Rookard and Ray McCall - 12/3/2016
- Glass Fusing: Make a Tiny Bowl - 12/3/2016
- Illusion Factory’s “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” - 12/3/2016
- Mind Your Own Beeswax Workshop - 12/3/2016
- Women’s Art League Show - 12/3/2016