CASA/GAL announces additional support, seeks partners
DOWNTOWN AKRON — Summit County CASA/GAL will host its annual “I Am for the Child” Fundraising Breakfast Nov. 7 at 7:30 a.m. at Quaker Station.
CASA is seeking additional sponsors to help achieve its goal of raising at least $50,000. According to CASA/GAL officials, 100 percent of all proceeds from this event will be used for the recruitment, training and support of CASA volunteers to ensure abused and neglected children in the Akron community can receive proper help.
During the event, John Saros, executive director of Summit County Children Services, will be honored by the Summit County CASA/GAL Volunteer Board of Trustees as the 2013 William P. Kannel Child Advocate of the Year. This award is given to an individual who has demonstrated exemplary commitment to improving the lives of abused and neglected children in Summit County.
Brown Dog Productions Inc. and State and Federal Communications Inc. have committed to the Silver Sponsorship level, donating $2,500 or more. Akron Children’s Hospital, FirstEnergy Corp. and Robert W. Baird-Kim Haws Falasco each committed to the Bronze Sponsorship level, donating $1,000 or more. Akron Metropolitan Housing Authority and PCR Business Systems have committed to the Friend Sponsorship level, donating $450 or more.
“We are so thankful for these sponsorships and look forward to additional support leading up to the event,” said Beth Cardina, CASA program coordinator.
Sterling Jewelers Inc. also has pledged to match any gift, up to a total maximum donation of $25,000.
“We are more than appreciative for Sterling’s generous and long‐term commitment to Summit County CASA/GAL,” Cardina said.
For details on the event or sponsorship opportunities, call Cardina at 330-643-2514.
Stephanie Kist contributed to this report.
More Community News
- Derby celebrates 78th year
- Akron City Council OKs Wallhaven project
- Districting proposal making its way to ballot
- Confusion follows Falls Council’s charter change vote
- Boston optimistic with switch to RITA
- Richfield Village officials still considering water tower sites
- Leadership Akron selects members of new class
- Granger firefighters promoted to lieutenant rank
- Sanitarium scrapbook preservation in works
Calendar of Events
- Show and Tell Me a Story: for ages 1-3 - 8/5/2015
- #Akron Music Scene Showcase - 8/5/2015
- Shivering Timbers - 8/5/2015
- Yoga in the Park: Active Flow - 8/6/2015
- Introduction to Pressure Canning - 8/6/2015