Fairlawn police investigating shots fired at busy intersection
FAIRLAWN — Fairlawn Police Department officials are investigating a report of shots fired at the intersection of Ridgewood and Miller roads Sept. 16 at about 3:15 p.m.
Sgt. Randy Bartlett said a witness called police to report a black male in a silver car stopped near the intersection going southbound on Miller Road and got out of his vehicle and approached a black vehicle also stopped at a traffic light and heading southbound on Miller Road. The first driver then fired four to five shots using a handgun into the black car.
Bartlett said that witnesses reported the black vehicle drove off, turning west onto Ridgewood Road, and the silver vehicle fled in an unknown direction. No bystanders were injured during the incident. He added that police found four shell casings on the ground in the area of the shooting.
Bartlett said they do not know the identity of those involved in the shooting and there have been no reports of individuals seeking medical treatment for a gunshot wound.
Any witnesses with information regarding the incident are asked to contact Bartlett at 330-670-4309.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- Moneypenny ready to take mayor’s seat
- Copley celebrates Memorial Day
- Founders’ Day will mark AA’s 80th year
- Shy shares credit for park district successes
- West Side News & Notes
- Copley asks Ohio Supreme Court to hear Rothrock appeal
- Historic designation sought for Keyser property
- Copley trustees approve building replacement
- Richfield police chief warns residents about burglars
- Richfield trustees discuss Crowell Hilaka property use
Calendar of Events
- Kinderealm: Migration: for ages 3-6 - 5/29/2015
- Cuyahoga Valley Photographic Society - 5/29/2015
- Any Way You Want It with Broken Promise - 5/29/2015
- Full Moon Fever with Mo Mojo - 5/29/2015
- A New Adventure - 5/30/2015