Fairlawn police investigating shots fired at busy intersection
FAIRLAWN — Fairlawn Police Department officials are investigating a report of shots fired at the intersection of Ridgewood and Miller roads Sept. 16 at about 3:15 p.m.
Sgt. Randy Bartlett said a witness called police to report a black male in a silver car stopped near the intersection going southbound on Miller Road and got out of his vehicle and approached a black vehicle also stopped at a traffic light and heading southbound on Miller Road. The first driver then fired four to five shots using a handgun into the black car.
Bartlett said that witnesses reported the black vehicle drove off, turning west onto Ridgewood Road, and the silver vehicle fled in an unknown direction. No bystanders were injured during the incident. He added that police found four shell casings on the ground in the area of the shooting.
Bartlett said they do not know the identity of those involved in the shooting and there have been no reports of individuals seeking medical treatment for a gunshot wound.
Any witnesses with information regarding the incident are asked to contact Bartlett at 330-670-4309.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- Mock crash reminds students of risks
- Akron rolls out medical marijuana plan
- Akron Council, BOE delve into issues
- Author ties together causes of opiate epidemic
- Yellow Creek watershed advocates move forward
- West Side News & Notes
- Area Girl Scouts take part in World Thinking Day
- LeBron James announces plan for new Akron school
- Summit first autism-friendly county in Ohio
- Boston BZA fees going up
- BCF launches fundraiser
- Council chambers receives electronic upgrades
- Bath trustees authorize new parking lot design
- Library levy before Medina County voters
- Sharon officials discuss spring projects
- Bright ‘Roland’ back at library
- Venturing Crew clears trail preserve
- Lakemore gearing up for police department
- Author ties together causes of opiate problem
- Coventry Schools levy renewal ‘crucial’ for district
- Township officials addressing opiate epidemic
- Coventry fire department utilizing grant money
- South Side News & Notes
- Springfield trustees move to demolish garage
Calendar of Events
- Click and Sip Digital Photography Class - 4/26/2017
- Tuesday Musical: Escher String Quartet - 4/26/2017
- Fiber Art Open Studio - 4/26/2017
- Pilates - 4/26/2017
- Family Story Time - 4/27/2017