Fairlawn police investigating shots fired at busy intersection
FAIRLAWN — Fairlawn Police Department officials are investigating a report of shots fired at the intersection of Ridgewood and Miller roads Sept. 16 at about 3:15 p.m.
Sgt. Randy Bartlett said a witness called police to report a black male in a silver car stopped near the intersection going southbound on Miller Road and got out of his vehicle and approached a black vehicle also stopped at a traffic light and heading southbound on Miller Road. The first driver then fired four to five shots using a handgun into the black car.
Bartlett said that witnesses reported the black vehicle drove off, turning west onto Ridgewood Road, and the silver vehicle fled in an unknown direction. No bystanders were injured during the incident. He added that police found four shell casings on the ground in the area of the shooting.
Bartlett said they do not know the identity of those involved in the shooting and there have been no reports of individuals seeking medical treatment for a gunshot wound.
Any witnesses with information regarding the incident are asked to contact Bartlett at 330-670-4309.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- Akron Council raises campaign limits
- Animals in need find home at Forever Amber Acres
- Mustard Seed eyes May opening in Highland Square
- Reentry Network offers safety net for parolees
- West Side News & Notes
- Celebrate with religious sights, sounds
- Reentry Network announces 2015 programs
- Cub Scouts participate in ‘Operation Smile’
- Fairlawn officials remember former Council member
- OWRC installs 2015 officers
- Bath trustees reject fact-finder’s report
- Boston officials discuss new tax collection agency
- Sharon trustees revisit resurfacing agreement
- Hattie Larlham gets early Christmas gift
- Norton officers take part in Shop with a Cop
- Norton food drive to help families
- Lakemore Council bids farewell to solicitor
- Santas spreading holiday cheer with Kiwanis events
- Coventry still mulling Sheriff’s Office contract
- Coventry superintendent tackling negativity
- Green students give back to community
- Springfield trustees approve zoning change
- Akron raises campaign limits, OKs body camera trial
- Manchester senior earns Eagle Scout rank
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Holiday Open House - 12/20/2014
- Wildlife and Wood Workshop: Bird Feeder - 12/20/2014
- Sweat Lodge Ceremony - 12/20/2014
- Ugly Sweater Hike and Fire - 12/20/2014
- Hiking for the Health of It - 12/20/2014