Fairlawn police investigating shots fired at busy intersection
FAIRLAWN — Fairlawn Police Department officials are investigating a report of shots fired at the intersection of Ridgewood and Miller roads Sept. 16 at about 3:15 p.m.
Sgt. Randy Bartlett said a witness called police to report a black male in a silver car stopped near the intersection going southbound on Miller Road and got out of his vehicle and approached a black vehicle also stopped at a traffic light and heading southbound on Miller Road. The first driver then fired four to five shots using a handgun into the black car.
Bartlett said that witnesses reported the black vehicle drove off, turning west onto Ridgewood Road, and the silver vehicle fled in an unknown direction. No bystanders were injured during the incident. He added that police found four shell casings on the ground in the area of the shooting.
Bartlett said they do not know the identity of those involved in the shooting and there have been no reports of individuals seeking medical treatment for a gunshot wound.
Any witnesses with information regarding the incident are asked to contact Bartlett at 330-670-4309.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- Akron to raise rental registration fee
- Jolly fun had at Christmas Jingle
- Residents seek to form watershed conservancy
- Grant puts road widening closer to reality
- Local Boy Scouts go on summer ‘high adventure trek’
- West Side News & Notes
- Millennium Fund awards grants
- Blood donation opportunities
- Tucker named new Akron fire chief
- CSO project underway this week
- Campaign provides light for end-of-life patients, remembers those who have died
- Free fire alarms, installation available from Red Cross
- County Council looking at cost of medicine at jail
- Burton D. Morgan Foundation grants awarded
- Fairlawn Holiday Lighting Contest to be judged Dec. 13
- Bath trustees considering proposal for observatory
- Richfield looking to bring back winter festival
- Richfield Village receives covenant not to sue under Ohio EPA Voluntary Action Program
- Granger trustees discuss cemetery, zoning fees
- Scout siblings earn awards
Calendar of Events
- “Finding Dory” - 12/8/2016
- Felted Beaded Necklace - 12/8/2016
- University of Akron Chamber Orchestra - 12/8/2016
- Handmade Gifts for the Holidays: ages 3-6 - 12/8/2016
- Baby Play - 12/8/2016