Human remains found in CVNP identified as Taylor Robinson’s
BOSTON — Human remains found by two hikers Sept. 9 around 5 p.m. near the Valley Picnic area in Cuyahoga Valley National Park (CVNP) have been identified as missing Akron resident Taylor Robinson, 19, according to Gary Guenther, of the Summit County Medical Examiner’s Office.
Robinson was reported missing May 4 after her mother went to pick her up at an Akron home where she had been working overnight as a home health care aide and she failed to find her there.
Guenther said a jawbone found by the two hikers was matched to dental records belonging to Robinson. He added there were few other human remains found as of Sept. 11, and those items were sent to a team of anthropologists at Mercyhurst University in Erie, Pa., last week to learn more. Guenther said the anthropologists will try to determine if all the remains found are human and look for trauma on the bones to help determine a cause of death. The case is being treated as a homicide, according to CVNP officials.
Akron Police Department (APD) officials reported they are working with the Medical Examiner’s Office, the FBI and CVNP rangers to determine the circumstances surrounding Robinson’s death. Anyone with information is asked to contact the APD Detectives Bureau at 330-375-2490.— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- First major Akron CSO project underway
- Culture celebrated at Global Village Festival
- Some Council members awaiting CSO update
- Community Health Center celebrating 40 years
- St. Sebastian Parish School marking 85th anniversary
- County’s Personnel Committee ironing out employee benefits
- Bath purchasing larger recycling carts
- Boston trustees discuss Halloween activities
- Sharon trustees learn of successful charity garage sale
- Library celebrates milestones with party
- River cleanup volunteers needed
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Highland Book Club: “Wonder” by R.J. Palacio - 9/18/2014
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation Support Group - 9/18/2014
- “The Lady Eve” - 9/18/2014
- Are You Ready for Social Security? - 9/18/2014
- The Help - 9/19/2014