Veterans park gets POW/MIA wall
Shown above are members of VFW Post No. 3345 as they are reflected on the wall at the dedication.
The memorial also features a reflection pond, which is pictured at right with wreaths floating on it.
Cuyahoga Falls resident Jay Jenkins, a member of the Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter No. 717, is shown below as he leads with the colors during the dedication.
OVMP Trustee Mick Krumpak, of New Franklin, said the project was funded after a three-year effort by Northeast Ohio veterans organizations. The event also included remarks by Capt. Vern Westfall, a decorated U.S. Air Force pilot who served multiple tours in Vietnam and missions in the Arctic, Asia and Korea.
For more information on the OVMP and the new features, go to www.ovmp.org.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Lew Stamp
More Community News
- Portage Crossing coming to life
- Glowing lights shine at Holiday Tree Festival
- Norton police chief sworn in
- Akron addressing daytime burglaries
- Wanted: Holiday volunteers
- Council supports grant application for Richfield site
- Skaters, hockey players to benefit from plow purchase
- Richfield reviewing proposed guidelines for historic district
- Richfield trustees review proposals for police, fire contracts
- Granger trustees agree Brenelle Lane should not be terminated
- Turkeys common in Metro Parks
- West Side News & Notes
- Residents want safer Myersville Road
- Coventry Fire helping those in need
- New Franklin officials address increasing revenue
- Council supports grant application for Coventry bog
- Akron Council committee supports Safe Routes to School plan
- ‘Light up a Life’ benefits Hospice of VNS
- Akron Children’s Pediatrics in Green moves
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- History Hike - 11/28/2014
- After Thanksgiving Hike - 11/28/2014
- Brent Kirby and His Luck with Rebecca Wohlever - 11/28/2014
- Akron Metro Parks Hiking Club - 11/28/2014
- A New Adventure - 11/29/2014