Veterans park gets POW/MIA wall
Shown above are members of VFW Post No. 3345 as they are reflected on the wall at the dedication.
The memorial also features a reflection pond, which is pictured at right with wreaths floating on it.
Cuyahoga Falls resident Jay Jenkins, a member of the Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter No. 717, is shown below as he leads with the colors during the dedication.
OVMP Trustee Mick Krumpak, of New Franklin, said the project was funded after a three-year effort by Northeast Ohio veterans organizations. The event also included remarks by Capt. Vern Westfall, a decorated U.S. Air Force pilot who served multiple tours in Vietnam and missions in the Arctic, Asia and Korea.
For more information on the OVMP and the new features, go to www.ovmp.org.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Lew Stamp
More Community News
- Akron proposes city construction company
- Flowers herald coming spring
- County joining fight against mail sorting office closure
- Woodridge ‘big loser’ in proposed state budget
- New Revere superintendent ready for challenge
- West Side News & Notes
- Summit County marking 175 years
- Women’s Endowment Fund awards grants
- Presentation on student use of electronics planned
- Peninsula library offering March classes
- BVS hosting blood drive
- Bath OKs raise for park employees with additional training
- Boston facing salt shortage
- Altrusa International hosting prom dress event
- Wadsworth judge presents annual report
Calendar of Events
- Creative Writing for Homeschoolers - 3/5/2015
- University of Akron Symphony Orchestra - 3/5/2015
- “The Boxtrolls” - 3/5/2015
- Paws and Prayers’ Paws Vegas - 3/6/2015
- Homeschoolers: Green Thumbs - 3/6/2015