Veterans park gets POW/MIA wall
Shown above are members of VFW Post No. 3345 as they are reflected on the wall at the dedication.
The memorial also features a reflection pond, which is pictured at right with wreaths floating on it.
Cuyahoga Falls resident Jay Jenkins, a member of the Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter No. 717, is shown below as he leads with the colors during the dedication.
OVMP Trustee Mick Krumpak, of New Franklin, said the project was funded after a three-year effort by Northeast Ohio veterans organizations. The event also included remarks by Capt. Vern Westfall, a decorated U.S. Air Force pilot who served multiple tours in Vietnam and missions in the Arctic, Asia and Korea.
For more information on the OVMP and the new features, go to www.ovmp.org.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Lew Stamp
More Community News
- Akron Council raises campaign limits
- Animals in need find home at Forever Amber Acres
- Mustard Seed eyes May opening in Highland Square
- Reentry Network offers safety net for parolees
- West Side News & Notes
- Celebrate with religious sights, sounds
- Reentry Network announces 2015 programs
- Cub Scouts participate in ‘Operation Smile’
- Fairlawn officials remember former Council member
- OWRC installs 2015 officers
- Bath trustees reject fact-finder’s report
- Boston officials discuss new tax collection agency
- Sharon trustees revisit resurfacing agreement
- Hattie Larlham gets early Christmas gift
- Norton officers take part in Shop with a Cop
- Norton food drive to help families
- Lakemore Council bids farewell to solicitor
- Santas spreading holiday cheer with Kiwanis events
- Coventry still mulling Sheriff’s Office contract
- Coventry superintendent tackling negativity
- Green students give back to community
- Springfield trustees approve zoning change
- Akron raises campaign limits, OKs body camera trial
- Manchester senior earns Eagle Scout rank
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Celebrate the Season - 12/19/2014
- Movie Matinee - 12/19/2014
- Tales for Tots - 12/19/2014
- Holiday Open House - 12/20/2014
- Wildlife and Wood Workshop: Bird Feeder - 12/20/2014