Veterans park gets POW/MIA wall
Shown above are members of VFW Post No. 3345 as they are reflected on the wall at the dedication.
The memorial also features a reflection pond, which is pictured at right with wreaths floating on it.
Cuyahoga Falls resident Jay Jenkins, a member of the Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter No. 717, is shown below as he leads with the colors during the dedication.
OVMP Trustee Mick Krumpak, of New Franklin, said the project was funded after a three-year effort by Northeast Ohio veterans organizations. The event also included remarks by Capt. Vern Westfall, a decorated U.S. Air Force pilot who served multiple tours in Vietnam and missions in the Arctic, Asia and Korea.
For more information on the OVMP and the new features, go to www.ovmp.org.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Lew Stamp
More Community News
- Local issues filed for November ballot
- Richfield celebrates annual Community Day
- James keeps focus on today’s youth at rally
- County Council committees back at work
- Heritage Woods residents ask for four-way stop at intersection
- Falls Council OKs contract to bring Menards to Graham Road
- Peninsula planning commission meetings moved
- Council addresses return of Richfield School bell
- Plans for administration building still being worked out
- Granger trustees considering proposal for conservatory
- Inaugural race, walk benefitting Akron Children’s PICU
- Elms students volunteer in New York
- West Side News & Notes
- Familiar face heading up Highland athletics
- Woodridge looking forward to competitive season
Calendar of Events
- Norma Wagner Uray: Fashion Illustrations - 8/21/2014
- Highland Book Club: “Trains and Lovers,” by Alexander McCall Smith - 8/21/2014
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation Support Group - 8/21/2014
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 8/21/2014
- GriefCare Place - 8/21/2014