Veterans park gets POW/MIA wall
Shown above are members of VFW Post No. 3345 as they are reflected on the wall at the dedication.
The memorial also features a reflection pond, which is pictured at right with wreaths floating on it.
Cuyahoga Falls resident Jay Jenkins, a member of the Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter No. 717, is shown below as he leads with the colors during the dedication.
OVMP Trustee Mick Krumpak, of New Franklin, said the project was funded after a three-year effort by Northeast Ohio veterans organizations. The event also included remarks by Capt. Vern Westfall, a decorated U.S. Air Force pilot who served multiple tours in Vietnam and missions in the Arctic, Asia and Korea.
For more information on the OVMP and the new features, go to www.ovmp.org.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Lew Stamp
More Community News
- Health officials probe hospital TB exposure
- Richfield Village kicks off jubilee year
- Falls forms team to address opiate addiction
- Kurt continues as Clerk of Courts
- Early meetings don’t dissuade Copley Key Club members
- West Side News & Notes
- Boston trustees honor community members
- Impact Award winners honored
- Bath trustees request intersection study
- Shapiro takes oath of office
- Mature Services receives grant for program
- Lakemore requesting income tax increase
- Coventry moving ahead with police ballot issue
- Springfield trustees to place new parks levy on ballot
- South Side News & Notes
- Akron mayor wants Oriana House audit
- Green mayor to give State of City
Calendar of Events
- The Lincoln Inaugural Train - 1/23/2017
- “Reasons to Be Happy” - 1/24/2017
- A New Adventure: group for widows and widowers - 1/25/2017
- Tuesday Musical: Imani Winds - 1/25/2017
- Full Circle Storytelling - 1/25/2017