Veterans park gets POW/MIA wall
Shown above are members of VFW Post No. 3345 as they are reflected on the wall at the dedication.
The memorial also features a reflection pond, which is pictured at right with wreaths floating on it.
Cuyahoga Falls resident Jay Jenkins, a member of the Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter No. 717, is shown below as he leads with the colors during the dedication.
OVMP Trustee Mick Krumpak, of New Franklin, said the project was funded after a three-year effort by Northeast Ohio veterans organizations. The event also included remarks by Capt. Vern Westfall, a decorated U.S. Air Force pilot who served multiple tours in Vietnam and missions in the Arctic, Asia and Korea.
For more information on the OVMP and the new features, go to www.ovmp.org.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Lew Stamp
More Community News
- Council OKs $450 million capital budget
- Chili Open golfers warm up for spring
- Summit County Council welcomes Walters
- Aggregation, personnel on Akron ballots
- Roundtable staying true to mission
- West Side News & Notes
- Copley Boy Scout troop celebrating 60 years
- Two Fairlawn Fire officers promoted during Council meeting
- Norton continues discussion of Nash Heights project
- Copley trustees approve funds for road repairs
- Falls addressing issues at Broad Boulevard railroad crossing
- Richfield Village celebrating 50th anniversary next year
- Richfield trustees get update on antidrug programs
- Granger trustees approve budget for 2016
Calendar of Events
- “Vagina Monologues” - 2/12/2016
- Gerald Albright - 2/12/2016
- Kinderealm: Snow: for ages 3-6 - 2/12/2016
- Boy Scout Troop 382 Fish Fry - 2/12/2016
- Exploring the Night Skies - 2/12/2016