Veterans park gets POW/MIA wall
Shown above are members of VFW Post No. 3345 as they are reflected on the wall at the dedication.
The memorial also features a reflection pond, which is pictured at right with wreaths floating on it.
Cuyahoga Falls resident Jay Jenkins, a member of the Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter No. 717, is shown below as he leads with the colors during the dedication.
OVMP Trustee Mick Krumpak, of New Franklin, said the project was funded after a three-year effort by Northeast Ohio veterans organizations. The event also included remarks by Capt. Vern Westfall, a decorated U.S. Air Force pilot who served multiple tours in Vietnam and missions in the Arctic, Asia and Korea.
For more information on the OVMP and the new features, go to www.ovmp.org.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Lew Stamp
More Community News
- State Route 18 projects to begin in summer
- Copley’s Winterfest puts fun on ice
- APS exploring funds for waiting building projects
- Richfield Council delays water tower vote
- West Side News & Notes
- County Council committee chairs questioned
- Akron City Council evaluates capital budget
- Fairlawn mayor calls city’s financial condition ‘sound’
- Norton looking to sink sewer costs
- Falls Council reappoints member to library board
- Bath trustees approve sale of fire department vehicle
- Peninsula Council on third try makes quorum for meeting
- Copley exploring contract with single trash hauler
- Richfield trustees approve fire/EMS contract
- Granger trustees hear presentation on fire prevention
Calendar of Events
- Balsamic Vinegar of Modena: A Fruity Tasting Experience - 1/29/2015
- Akron Metro Parks Hiking Club hikes - 1/29/2015
- Baby Time: for ages 6-24 months - 1/29/2015
- Adults Beginning Drawing - 1/29/2015
- Ballroom Dance Lessons - 1/29/2015