Veterans park gets POW/MIA wall
Shown above are members of VFW Post No. 3345 as they are reflected on the wall at the dedication.
The memorial also features a reflection pond, which is pictured at right with wreaths floating on it.
Cuyahoga Falls resident Jay Jenkins, a member of the Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter No. 717, is shown below as he leads with the colors during the dedication.
OVMP Trustee Mick Krumpak, of New Franklin, said the project was funded after a three-year effort by Northeast Ohio veterans organizations. The event also included remarks by Capt. Vern Westfall, a decorated U.S. Air Force pilot who served multiple tours in Vietnam and missions in the Arctic, Asia and Korea.
For more information on the OVMP and the new features, go to www.ovmp.org.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Lew Stamp
More Community News
- Minus kitchen, shelter will feed residents
- Revere students schooled on financial literacy
- Travel expenses spur Akron City Council discussion
- Copley survey results to guide development
- West Side News & Notes
- Norton celebrates upgraded bond rating
- Four to seek vacant Norton City Council seat
- Sharon Post Office to host Passport Fair
- Council delays vote on repairs to downtown decks
- Peninsula Council honors resident
- Boston trustees discuss new speed limit law
- Council considers rezoning request on West Streetsboro Road
- Trustees OK agreement for Southern Road property
- Granger property owner addresses BZA ruling
- Police seeking help with burglaries
- Green Middle School assisting students in need
- Coventry district presents report on open enrollment
- Coventry closes door to new gaming establishments
- South Side News & Notes
- Even without kitchen, shelter will feed residents
Calendar of Events
- Teen Advisory Board - 2/21/2017
- A New Adventure: group for widows and widowers - 2/22/2017
- “Saturday Night Fever — The Musical” - 2/22/2017
- Hydration in Older Adults - 2/22/2017
- Meet Me in the Garden - 2/22/2017