Veterans park gets POW/MIA wall
Shown above are members of VFW Post No. 3345 as they are reflected on the wall at the dedication.
The memorial also features a reflection pond, which is pictured at right with wreaths floating on it.
Cuyahoga Falls resident Jay Jenkins, a member of the Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter No. 717, is shown below as he leads with the colors during the dedication.
OVMP Trustee Mick Krumpak, of New Franklin, said the project was funded after a three-year effort by Northeast Ohio veterans organizations. The event also included remarks by Capt. Vern Westfall, a decorated U.S. Air Force pilot who served multiple tours in Vietnam and missions in the Arctic, Asia and Korea.
For more information on the OVMP and the new features, go to www.ovmp.org.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Lew Stamp
More Community News
- Akron City Council OKs Wallhaven project
- Derby celebrates 78th year
- Districting proposal making its way to ballot
- Richfield celebrating Community Day events Aug. 7-9
- West Side News & Notes
- Confusion follows Falls Council’s charter change vote
- Boston optimistic with switch to RITA
- Richfield Village officials still considering water tower sites
- Leadership Akron selects members of new class
- Granger firefighters promoted to lieutenant rank
- Sanitarium scrapbook preservation in works
- Area diaper collection a success
Calendar of Events
- Drop-In Nature Crafts for All Ages - 7/30/2015
- Plein Air Exhibition - 7/30/2015
- “Jupiter Ascending” - 7/30/2015
- Akron Pops Orchestra - 7/30/2015
- Mostly Blues Band with Peggy Coyle - 7/30/2015