Veterans park gets POW/MIA wall
Shown above are members of VFW Post No. 3345 as they are reflected on the wall at the dedication.
The memorial also features a reflection pond, which is pictured at right with wreaths floating on it.
Cuyahoga Falls resident Jay Jenkins, a member of the Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter No. 717, is shown below as he leads with the colors during the dedication.
OVMP Trustee Mick Krumpak, of New Franklin, said the project was funded after a three-year effort by Northeast Ohio veterans organizations. The event also included remarks by Capt. Vern Westfall, a decorated U.S. Air Force pilot who served multiple tours in Vietnam and missions in the Arctic, Asia and Korea.
For more information on the OVMP and the new features, go to www.ovmp.org.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Lew Stamp
More Community News
- Health officials turn attention to flu
- Vet Art Project promotes healing through shared stories
- Retired Norton police chief looks back on career
- Akron City Council commends Amber Vinson
- Preservation Alliance celebrating 30 years
- County planning Boston Mills Road improvements
- Natatorium’s deficit lessens in Falls
- Trustees discuss potential change in JEDD tax collection
- Cost will determine sewer system type in Norton
- Granger trustees approve work on Fire Station parking lot
- Richfield Village Council approves new cemetery fees
- Local Boy Scout earns Eagle rank with patio build
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Artists Who Teach - 10/31/2014
- “Family Health” Book Sale - 10/31/2014
- Beyond D.A.B.D.A.: Grief Counseling with Children and Adults - 10/31/2014
- The Midtown Men - 10/31/2014
- Creepy Crawlies - 10/31/2014