Veterans park gets POW/MIA wall
Shown above are members of VFW Post No. 3345 as they are reflected on the wall at the dedication.
The memorial also features a reflection pond, which is pictured at right with wreaths floating on it.
Cuyahoga Falls resident Jay Jenkins, a member of the Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter No. 717, is shown below as he leads with the colors during the dedication.
OVMP Trustee Mick Krumpak, of New Franklin, said the project was funded after a three-year effort by Northeast Ohio veterans organizations. The event also included remarks by Capt. Vern Westfall, a decorated U.S. Air Force pilot who served multiple tours in Vietnam and missions in the Arctic, Asia and Korea.
For more information on the OVMP and the new features, go to www.ovmp.org.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Lew Stamp
More Community News
- Akron to raise rental registration fee
- Jolly fun had at Christmas Jingle
- Residents seek to form watershed conservancy
- Grant puts road widening closer to reality
- Local Boy Scouts go on summer ‘high adventure trek’
- West Side News & Notes
- Millennium Fund awards grants
- Blood donation opportunities
- Tucker named new Akron fire chief
- CSO project underway this week
- Campaign provides light for end-of-life patients, remembers those who have died
- Free fire alarms, installation available from Red Cross
- County Council looking at cost of medicine at jail
- Burton D. Morgan Foundation grants awarded
- Fairlawn Holiday Lighting Contest to be judged Dec. 13
- Bath trustees considering proposal for observatory
- Richfield looking to bring back winter festival
- Richfield Village receives covenant not to sue under Ohio EPA Voluntary Action Program
- Granger trustees discuss cemetery, zoning fees
- Scout siblings earn awards
Calendar of Events
- “Finding Dory” - 12/8/2016
- Felted Beaded Necklace - 12/8/2016
- University of Akron Chamber Orchestra - 12/8/2016
- Handmade Gifts for the Holidays: ages 3-6 - 12/8/2016
- Baby Play - 12/8/2016