Veterans park gets POW/MIA wall
Shown above are members of VFW Post No. 3345 as they are reflected on the wall at the dedication.
The memorial also features a reflection pond, which is pictured at right with wreaths floating on it.
Cuyahoga Falls resident Jay Jenkins, a member of the Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter No. 717, is shown below as he leads with the colors during the dedication.
OVMP Trustee Mick Krumpak, of New Franklin, said the project was funded after a three-year effort by Northeast Ohio veterans organizations. The event also included remarks by Capt. Vern Westfall, a decorated U.S. Air Force pilot who served multiple tours in Vietnam and missions in the Arctic, Asia and Korea.
For more information on the OVMP and the new features, go to www.ovmp.org.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Lew Stamp
More Community News
- Akron Council hears campaign limit concerns
- Litchfield students tops at robotics event
- Summit County to get neighbors’ surplus
- Buchtel community solving problems together
- Re-entry program offers work for newly released
- Annual budget process underway in Fairlawn
- Bath trustees approve items related to construction projects
- Boston trustees discuss water options
- Trustees support new drugstore site
- Thanksgiving Day race benefiting homeless, hungry
- Corathers named Veteran of the Year
- Corbin Foundation awards grants
- Case Ambassadors help in school, community
- Kathleen Kennedy Townsend to speak at ACF event
- Local ceremony honors veterans
- Programs for bereaved available
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Thanksgiving Story Time: for ages 2-5 - 11/20/2014
- “Maleficent" - 11/20/2014
- Doug DuBois - 11/20/2014
- Highland Book Club: “The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry,” by Gabrielle Zevin - 11/20/2014
- Tales for Tots - 11/20/2014