Veterans park gets POW/MIA wall
Vietnam veteran Ron Storad, of New Franklin, is shown at right bottom as he salutes the colors during the dedication.
Shown above are members of VFW Post No. 3345 reflected on the wall at the dedication.
The memorial also features a reflection pond, which is pictured at right top with wreaths floating on it.
Shown below is Perry High School ROTC member Andrew Irwin as he launches a wreath on the pond.
OVMP Trustee Mick Krumpak, of New Franklin, said the wall and pond were funded after a three-year effort by Northeast Ohio veterans organizations. The event also included remarks by Capt. Vern Westfall, a decorated U.S. Air Force pilot who served multiple tours in Vietnam and missions in the Arctic, Asia and Korea.
For more information on the OVMP and the new features, go to www.ovmp.org.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Lew Stamp
More Community News
- Girls explore engineering careers
- County consumer protection gets attention
- Crown Point celebrating 25th year
- Local Women Who Care hoping to increase ranks
- Firestone Theatre one of first to stage ‘Mary Poppins’
- ACF announces record assets, awards $1.93 million in grants
- Akron Council voices opposition to ‘restrictive’ state bills
- Bath trustees hire staff for fire department
- Boston trustees discuss action to clear property
- Wadsworth judge presents annual report to Sharon trustees
- West Side News & Notes
- County’s consumer protection gets attention
- Green district celebrates education
- Springfield trustees eyeing new pumper
- Local man impacts mental health training worldwide
- Green students Do Something good
- Lakemore making progress with village deficit
- Jewish Community Board celebrates century
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Clearfork Bluegrass Quartet - 3/7/2014
- Dance Fever Open House - 3/7/2014
- James Renner - 3/7/2014
- Runa - 3/7/2014
- Jonathan Butler - 3/7/2014