Veterans park gets POW/MIA wall
Vietnam veteran Ron Storad, of New Franklin, is shown at right bottom as he salutes the colors during the dedication.
Shown above are members of VFW Post No. 3345 reflected on the wall at the dedication.
The memorial also features a reflection pond, which is pictured at right top with wreaths floating on it.
Shown below is Perry High School ROTC member Andrew Irwin as he launches a wreath on the pond.
OVMP Trustee Mick Krumpak, of New Franklin, said the wall and pond were funded after a three-year effort by Northeast Ohio veterans organizations. The event also included remarks by Capt. Vern Westfall, a decorated U.S. Air Force pilot who served multiple tours in Vietnam and missions in the Arctic, Asia and Korea.
For more information on the OVMP and the new features, go to www.ovmp.org.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Lew Stamp
More Community News
- Officials tell Akron Council Ebola risk low
- Fun treats found at Boo at the Zoo
- Health officials mobilize in wake of Ebola concerns
- Fairlawn officials still mulling rental property changes
- Charter change on ballot in Fairlawn
- Council hears reactions to five-year plan
- Norton approves resolutions thanking citizens for service
- Richfield trustees choose architect for service, administration center
- Trustees act on neighborhood traffic concerns
- Peninsula Council meets week after failing to make quorum
- Sharon trustees discuss solicitation incidents
- Bath trustees approve terminating agreement
- Burton D. Morgan Foundation extends support for entrepreneurship programs
- Fairlawn Heights neighbors host festival
- Sight-impaired children get tailored zoo experience
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- “Godzilla” - 10/23/2014
- Campfire: Northern Cheyenne Indians - 10/23/2014
- GriefCare Place - 10/23/2014
- The Tubes - 10/24/2014
- Tales for Tots - 10/24/2014