Veterans park gets POW/MIA wall
Vietnam veteran Ron Storad, of New Franklin, is shown at right bottom as he salutes the colors during the dedication.
Shown above are members of VFW Post No. 3345 reflected on the wall at the dedication.
The memorial also features a reflection pond, which is pictured at right top with wreaths floating on it.
Shown below is Perry High School ROTC member Andrew Irwin as he launches a wreath on the pond.
OVMP Trustee Mick Krumpak, of New Franklin, said the wall and pond were funded after a three-year effort by Northeast Ohio veterans organizations. The event also included remarks by Capt. Vern Westfall, a decorated U.S. Air Force pilot who served multiple tours in Vietnam and missions in the Arctic, Asia and Korea.
For more information on the OVMP and the new features, go to www.ovmp.org.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Lew Stamp
More Community News
- State capital improvements issue on ballot
- Blue herons prepare for new arrivals
- West Akron rezoning request withdrawn
- Fundraisers for brain cancer research planned
- Eagle Scouts plan special trip to honor D-Day
- County Council considering raises for employees
- Fairlawn Police Department promotes five officers
- Peninsula Council approves agricultural district renewal
- Bath trustees conduct business for Revere students
- Dates set for annual Richfield community celebration
- Richfield trustees approve settlement for use of crusher
- Copley seeking new bids to raze Community Center
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Apollo’s Fire - 4/24/2014
- “Bye Bye Birdie” - 4/24/2014
- Alzheimer’s Association Caregiver Support Group - 4/24/2014
- Delicious, Healthful Olive Oil - 4/24/2014
- Open House - 4/24/2014