Veterans park gets POW/MIA wall
Vietnam veteran Ron Storad, of New Franklin, is shown at right bottom as he salutes the colors during the dedication.
Shown above are members of VFW Post No. 3345 reflected on the wall at the dedication.
The memorial also features a reflection pond, which is pictured at right top with wreaths floating on it.
Shown below is Perry High School ROTC member Andrew Irwin as he launches a wreath on the pond.
OVMP Trustee Mick Krumpak, of New Franklin, said the wall and pond were funded after a three-year effort by Northeast Ohio veterans organizations. The event also included remarks by Capt. Vern Westfall, a decorated U.S. Air Force pilot who served multiple tours in Vietnam and missions in the Arctic, Asia and Korea.
For more information on the OVMP and the new features, go to www.ovmp.org.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Lew Stamp
More Community News
- Moneypenny ready to take mayor’s seat
- Copley celebrates Memorial Day
- Founders’ Day will mark AA’s 80th year
- Shy shares credit for park district successes
- West Side News & Notes
- Copley asks Ohio Supreme Court to hear Rothrock appeal
- Historic designation sought for Keyser property
- Copley trustees approve building replacement
- Richfield police chief warns residents about burglars
- Richfield trustees discuss Crowell Hilaka property use
- Council reviews rebids for Central Park
- Green celebrates Memorial Day
- New Franklin sinks idea for Tudor House dock
- Green assistant fire chief retiring
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Kinderealm: Migration: for ages 3-6 - 5/29/2015
- Cuyahoga Valley Photographic Society - 5/29/2015
- Any Way You Want It with Broken Promise - 5/29/2015
- Full Moon Fever with Mo Mojo - 5/29/2015
- A New Adventure - 5/30/2015