Veterans park gets POW/MIA wall
Vietnam veteran Ron Storad, of New Franklin, is shown at right bottom as he salutes the colors during the dedication.
Shown above are members of VFW Post No. 3345 reflected on the wall at the dedication.
The memorial also features a reflection pond, which is pictured at right top with wreaths floating on it.
Shown below is Perry High School ROTC member Andrew Irwin as he launches a wreath on the pond.
OVMP Trustee Mick Krumpak, of New Franklin, said the wall and pond were funded after a three-year effort by Northeast Ohio veterans organizations. The event also included remarks by Capt. Vern Westfall, a decorated U.S. Air Force pilot who served multiple tours in Vietnam and missions in the Arctic, Asia and Korea.
For more information on the OVMP and the new features, go to www.ovmp.org.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Lew Stamp
More Community News
- Akron considers stipend for retirees
- Fall welcomed at Bath Nature Preserve
- Norton district superintendent resigns
- Richfield Heritage Preserve master plan ideas shared
- Revere issue would fund two new schools
- Community forum planned on Revere bond issue
- West Side News & Notes
- Community Legal Aid telethon offering free legal advice
- New parents employed by county get paid leave
- Boston trustees get update on business corridor plan
- Fairlawn Council ordinance creates right-of-way management
- Bath trustees hold brief meeting
- Norton Council OKs funds for broadcasting equipment
- Copley volunteers clear illegal dump site
- Sharon trustees express concerns of safety at intersections
Calendar of Events
- “Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman” - 10/20/2016
- Book Discussion Group - 10/20/2016
- Book Club: “At the Edge of the Orchard” by Tracy Chevalier - 10/20/2016
- Danny Clark - 10/20/2016
- Double T Quilt Club - 10/20/2016