Fire departments train for aircraft fires
|Photos courtesy of the city of Green|
Shown at right, from left, at the training session are Green Fire Department Capts. Greg Morgan and Jeff Funai.
Shown above are firefighters practicing skills during the training session.
Green Lt. Josh Compton, who participated in the training, said the practice session is an annual event coordinated with crash rescue personnel at the airport, along with the Jackson Fire Department. A small part of the airport is in that township.
Compton said firefighters practice putting out fires and rescuing passengers associated with a plane crash, which is usually handled mainly by airport staff, with assistance from the Green and Jackson fire departments.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- Akron police to assist at GOP convention
- Junior Rangers explore CVNP
- County looking at summer roadwork spending
- Celebrate national parks’ centennial at CVNP
- Deconstruction program building up community
- West Side News & Notes
- ACLU sues Akron over panhandling law
- Temporary bridge bypass opens on Towpath
- Proposed charter changes in Fairlawn continue to draw debate
- Copley trustees to appoint new fiscal officer
- Bids announced for 2016 road projects in Bath
- Boston trustees discuss policy on culvert pipe installation
- Sharon trustees address transportation concerns
Calendar of Events
- Small Footprint: Road Trip - 5/5/2016
- University of Akron Symphony Orchestra - 5/5/2016
- “Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens” - 5/5/2016
- Homeschoolers: Backyard Pollinators: ages 7-10 - 5/6/2016
- Play and Stay Friday - 5/6/2016