Fire departments train for aircraft fires
|Photos courtesy of the city of Green|
Shown at right, from left, at the training session are Green Fire Department Capts. Greg Morgan and Jeff Funai.
Shown above are firefighters practicing skills during the training session.
Green Lt. Josh Compton, who participated in the training, said the practice session is an annual event coordinated with crash rescue personnel at the airport, along with the Jackson Fire Department. A small part of the airport is in that township.
Compton said firefighters practice putting out fires and rescuing passengers associated with a plane crash, which is usually handled mainly by airport staff, with assistance from the Green and Jackson fire departments.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- Girls explore engineering careers
- County consumer protection gets attention
- Crown Point celebrating 25th year
- Local Women Who Care hoping to increase ranks
- Firestone Theatre one of first to stage ‘Mary Poppins’
- ACF announces record assets, awards $1.93 million in grants
- Akron Council voices opposition to ‘restrictive’ state bills
- Bath trustees hire staff for fire department
- Boston trustees discuss action to clear property
- Wadsworth judge presents annual report to Sharon trustees
- West Side News & Notes
- County’s consumer protection gets attention
- Green district celebrates education
- Springfield trustees eyeing new pumper
- Local man impacts mental health training worldwide
- Green students Do Something good
- Lakemore making progress with village deficit
- Jewish Community Board celebrates century
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- A Far Cry with Matt Haimovitz - 3/11/2014
- Mudcakes - 3/11/2014
- Widows and Widowers Under 50 - 3/12/2014
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 3/12/2014
- Akron Pops Orchestra - 3/13/2014