Fire departments train for aircraft fires
|Photos courtesy of the city of Green|
Shown at right, from left, at the training session are Green Fire Department Capts. Greg Morgan and Jeff Funai.
Shown above are firefighters practicing skills during the training session.
Green Lt. Josh Compton, who participated in the training, said the practice session is an annual event coordinated with crash rescue personnel at the airport, along with the Jackson Fire Department. A small part of the airport is in that township.
Compton said firefighters practice putting out fires and rescuing passengers associated with a plane crash, which is usually handled mainly by airport staff, with assistance from the Green and Jackson fire departments.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- Akron welcoming NBA star ‘back home’
- Old-fashioned carnival celebrates SCHS anniversary
- Woodridge bids farewell to board member
- APS board accepts donation from foundation
- Kids Month celebrated in August
- Boston trustees discuss issues with road project
- Sharon officials provide update on smell
- Falls drafts deal for development of Menards
- Norton working on flood control on Newpark Drive
- Granger Fire personnel sworn in
- Fairlawn officials investigating nightly room rentals in residences
- West Side News & Notes
- Springfield superintendent retiring
- Road resurfacing behind schedule in Coventry
- Pine Lake residents object to new Lauer Park entrance
Calendar of Events
- Mr. Bubble - 7/22/2014
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 7/22/2014
- A New Beginning - 7/23/2014
- 24th Annual AoRC Juried Show - 7/23/2014
- Music in the Meadow: Mo’ Mojo - 7/23/2014