Fire departments train for aircraft fires
|Photos courtesy of the city of Green|
Shown at right, from left, at the training session are Green Fire Department Capts. Greg Morgan and Jeff Funai.
Shown above are firefighters practicing skills during the training session.
Green Lt. Josh Compton, who participated in the training, said the practice session is an annual event coordinated with crash rescue personnel at the airport, along with the Jackson Fire Department. A small part of the airport is in that township.
Compton said firefighters practice putting out fires and rescuing passengers associated with a plane crash, which is usually handled mainly by airport staff, with assistance from the Green and Jackson fire departments.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- State Route 18 projects to begin in summer
- Copley’s Winterfest puts fun on ice
- APS exploring funds for waiting building projects
- Richfield Council delays water tower vote
- West Side News & Notes
- County Council committee chairs questioned
- Akron City Council evaluates capital budget
- Fairlawn mayor calls city’s financial condition ‘sound’
- Norton looking to sink sewer costs
- Falls Council reappoints member to library board
- Bath trustees approve sale of fire department vehicle
- Peninsula Council on third try makes quorum for meeting
- Copley exploring contract with single trash hauler
- Richfield trustees approve fire/EMS contract
- Granger trustees hear presentation on fire prevention
Calendar of Events
- Balsamic Vinegar of Modena: A Fruity Tasting Experience - 1/29/2015
- Akron Metro Parks Hiking Club hikes - 1/29/2015
- Baby Time: for ages 6-24 months - 1/29/2015
- Adults Beginning Drawing - 1/29/2015
- Ballroom Dance Lessons - 1/29/2015