Fire departments train for aircraft fires
|Photos courtesy of the city of Green|
Shown at right, from left, at the training session are Green Fire Department Capts. Greg Morgan and Jeff Funai.
Shown above are firefighters practicing skills during the training session.
Green Lt. Josh Compton, who participated in the training, said the practice session is an annual event coordinated with crash rescue personnel at the airport, along with the Jackson Fire Department. A small part of the airport is in that township.
Compton said firefighters practice putting out fires and rescuing passengers associated with a plane crash, which is usually handled mainly by airport staff, with assistance from the Green and Jackson fire departments.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- Akron Council OKs Rockynol project permit
- Croghan Park rededicated
- Focus on speeding, other issues at Akron Caucus
- Bath Community Day is Aug. 2
- Summit, Medina fairs celebrate traditions
- Richfield fire chief commended for saving life
- Richfield trustees discuss mowing complaint
- Copley pet groomer reunites potbellied pig, owner
- West Side News & Notes
- West Side Education News & Notes
- New Springfield superintendent named
- Communities gearing up for Rock the Docks
- New Franklin charter changes headed to ballot
- Community event planned at East Liberty Park
- Kids Month celebrated in August
- Wingfoot One selected as new blimp name
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Pilates - 7/30/2014
- Intercourse the Collective - 7/30/2014
- “Summer Fun” Book Sale - 7/31/2014
- Works by Portage Path Community Learning Center art students - 7/31/2014
- “Shout! The Mod Musical” - 8/2/2014