Revere senior earns Eagle Award
|Photo courtesy of the Spelic family|
To earn the rank of Eagle, a Scout must complete a service-oriented project, among other requirements. For his project, Andrew planned and organized the construction of a playground set for his church, Cross Point Alliance Church, in Copley.
According to Andrew’s family, the project was a challenge because the area where the playground was to be installed had poor drainage; after rainfall, the area would remain saturated and muddy.
Andrew, with consultation from a professional engineer (his grandfather, Charles Spelic) designed a means to drain excess rainwater away from the playground area. Many Scouts and a number of church members devoted much time digging, shoveling and moving dirt, and assembling the playground set, according to the Spelic family.
The Eagle Award was bestowed by Scoutmaster Chris Ulinski in a Court of Honor Aug. 10.
More Community News
- Derby celebrates 78th year
- Akron City Council OKs Wallhaven project
- Districting proposal making its way to ballot
- Confusion follows Falls Council’s charter change vote
- Boston optimistic with switch to RITA
- Richfield Village officials still considering water tower sites
- Leadership Akron selects members of new class
- Granger firefighters promoted to lieutenant rank
- Sanitarium scrapbook preservation in works
Calendar of Events
- Colin Dussault - 8/3/2015
- “First Tuesday” Dance - 8/4/2015
- Experience the Underground Railroad - 8/4/2015
- Freezing and Canning Workshop - 8/4/2015
- Show and Tell Me a Story: for ages 1-3 - 8/5/2015