Revere senior earns Eagle Award
|Photo courtesy of the Spelic family|
To earn the rank of Eagle, a Scout must complete a service-oriented project, among other requirements. For his project, Andrew planned and organized the construction of a playground set for his church, Cross Point Alliance Church, in Copley.
According to Andrew’s family, the project was a challenge because the area where the playground was to be installed had poor drainage; after rainfall, the area would remain saturated and muddy.
Andrew, with consultation from a professional engineer (his grandfather, Charles Spelic) designed a means to drain excess rainwater away from the playground area. Many Scouts and a number of church members devoted much time digging, shoveling and moving dirt, and assembling the playground set, according to the Spelic family.
The Eagle Award was bestowed by Scoutmaster Chris Ulinski in a Court of Honor Aug. 10.
More Community News
- Akron Council OKs Rockynol project permit
- Croghan Park rededicated
- Focus on speeding, other issues at Akron Caucus
- Bath Community Day is Aug. 2
- Summit, Medina fairs celebrate traditions
- Richfield fire chief commended for saving life
- Richfield trustees discuss mowing complaint
- Copley pet groomer reunites potbellied pig, owner
- West Side News & Notes
- West Side Education News & Notes
- New Springfield superintendent named
- Communities gearing up for Rock the Docks
- New Franklin charter changes headed to ballot
- Community event planned at East Liberty Park
- Kids Month celebrated in August
- Wingfoot One selected as new blimp name
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Summertime Card Party - 7/25/2014
- Voices in the Valley: Jim Gill - 7/25/2014
- Wine Tasting and Silent Auction - 7/25/2014
- Tony Rio - 7/25/2014
- A New Adventure - 7/26/2014