Revere senior earns Eagle Award
|Photo courtesy of the Spelic family|
To earn the rank of Eagle, a Scout must complete a service-oriented project, among other requirements. For his project, Andrew planned and organized the construction of a playground set for his church, Cross Point Alliance Church, in Copley.
According to Andrew’s family, the project was a challenge because the area where the playground was to be installed had poor drainage; after rainfall, the area would remain saturated and muddy.
Andrew, with consultation from a professional engineer (his grandfather, Charles Spelic) designed a means to drain excess rainwater away from the playground area. Many Scouts and a number of church members devoted much time digging, shoveling and moving dirt, and assembling the playground set, according to the Spelic family.
The Eagle Award was bestowed by Scoutmaster Chris Ulinski in a Court of Honor Aug. 10.
More Community News
- County notes success of Gay Games
- Copley fathers, sons hike Grand Canyon rim to rim
- Fairlawn updating rental, housing code
- Church offering English as second language classes
- Medina County hiking program begins Sept. 1
- Bath board approves road improvements, trail construction
- Boston officials discuss new safety measures
- Sharon Fire adding new shift
- Red Cross names interim chapter executive
- JLA accepts grant for Kids in the Kitchen project
- West Side News & Notes
- Coventry to further fund flood mitigation
- Local man ‘model’ citizen with building hobby
- County Council notes success of Gay Games
- Cottage Grove School set for demolition
- Kick for The Cure benefiting Camp Quality, hospice
- Springfield trustees seeking to reduce water/sewer bills further
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- “Divergent” - 8/28/2014
- 11th Annual Juried Fiber Arts Show - 8/29/2014
- Texas Hold’em Afternoon - 8/29/2014
- A New Beginning - 8/30/2014
- Outdoor Yoga - 8/30/2014