Revere senior earns Eagle Award
|Photo courtesy of the Spelic family|
To earn the rank of Eagle, a Scout must complete a service-oriented project, among other requirements. For his project, Andrew planned and organized the construction of a playground set for his church, Cross Point Alliance Church, in Copley.
According to Andrew’s family, the project was a challenge because the area where the playground was to be installed had poor drainage; after rainfall, the area would remain saturated and muddy.
Andrew, with consultation from a professional engineer (his grandfather, Charles Spelic) designed a means to drain excess rainwater away from the playground area. Many Scouts and a number of church members devoted much time digging, shoveling and moving dirt, and assembling the playground set, according to the Spelic family.
The Eagle Award was bestowed by Scoutmaster Chris Ulinski in a Court of Honor Aug. 10.
More Community News
- Girls explore engineering careers
- County consumer protection gets attention
- Crown Point celebrating 25th year
- Local Women Who Care hoping to increase ranks
- Firestone Theatre one of first to stage ‘Mary Poppins’
- ACF announces record assets, awards $1.93 million in grants
- Akron Council voices opposition to ‘restrictive’ state bills
- Bath trustees hire staff for fire department
- Boston trustees discuss action to clear property
- Wadsworth judge presents annual report to Sharon trustees
- West Side News & Notes
- County’s consumer protection gets attention
- Green district celebrates education
- Springfield trustees eyeing new pumper
- Local man impacts mental health training worldwide
- Green students Do Something good
- Lakemore making progress with village deficit
- Jewish Community Board celebrates century
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Garden Bucket List - 3/8/2014
- Akron Symphony Orchestra - 3/8/2014
- Ballroom Dancing - 3/8/2014
- Boy Scouts Troop No. 304 Pancake Breakfast - 3/8/2014
- Louie Bluie Legacy Band featuring Ralphe Armstrong - 3/8/2014