Revere senior earns Eagle Award
|Photo courtesy of the Spelic family|
To earn the rank of Eagle, a Scout must complete a service-oriented project, among other requirements. For his project, Andrew planned and organized the construction of a playground set for his church, Cross Point Alliance Church, in Copley.
According to Andrew’s family, the project was a challenge because the area where the playground was to be installed had poor drainage; after rainfall, the area would remain saturated and muddy.
Andrew, with consultation from a professional engineer (his grandfather, Charles Spelic) designed a means to drain excess rainwater away from the playground area. Many Scouts and a number of church members devoted much time digging, shoveling and moving dirt, and assembling the playground set, according to the Spelic family.
The Eagle Award was bestowed by Scoutmaster Chris Ulinski in a Court of Honor Aug. 10.
More Community News
- Downtown Akron retail, housing planned
- Sharon kicks off Christmas season
- Litchfield CLC accepted into IB program
- State auditor releases special report on open enrollment
- Falls Council hears utility audit report
- West Side News & Notes
- ADM Services Board recognizes Trailblazers
- Work on 2017 county budget continues
- Boston trustees discuss business not registered in JEDD
- Bath trustees reduce speed limit on Bonnebrook
- Bath Community Fund awards first grants
- Sharon trustees discuss Eagle Scout project
- Auditor releases report on open enrollment
- Lakemore lights up for holidays
- Downtown retail, housing planned on South Main
- Springfield district planning stadium improvements
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- “Spring Awakening” - 12/6/2016
- Music Trivia - 12/6/2016
- Cake Decorating: Holiday Cupcakes; Cake Decorating: Holiday Cookies - 12/6/2016
- Glass Fusing with Marianne Hite - 12/7/2016
- Weekday Walkers - 12/7/2016