Cider Festival celebrates season’s treats
Those who attended could purchase cider from the Norton Lions and enjoy other fall-themed treats. Pictured below, from left, during the Oct. 6 events are club members Kim Miller, Mary Jo Miller and Blake Miller at the cider booth. Kim Miller was the festival’s vendor chair and Blake Miller served as festival co-chair with Vicky Wallace.
Also on hand were Norton Historical Society officers Lisa Merrick and Norton Fire Lt. Rodger Ramsthaler, pictured at right, in front of the Historical Society float, which won first in the parade for Best Theme. It included the original apple from the first Norton Cider Festival, they said.
Visitors like Sheila Graham, of Cuyahoga Falls, and her daughter, Olivia Graham, 2, enjoyed the pony rides at the festival. They are shown bottom right with Michaela Isak, 17, of Caballero’s 4H, of Norton.
Shown middle right, Norton residents Hayden Freeman, at left, and Alivia Potter, both 9, enjoyed some festival fries.
The festival also featured some of the artistically carved pumpkins, such as those shown at top, by the Culinary Artists Club of The University of Akron.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
|Photos: Krista Galloway|
More Community News
- State Route 18 projects to begin in summer
- Copley’s Winterfest puts fun on ice
- APS exploring funds for waiting building projects
- Richfield Council delays water tower vote
- West Side News & Notes
- County Council committee chairs questioned
- Akron City Council evaluates capital budget
- Fairlawn mayor calls city’s financial condition ‘sound’
- Norton looking to sink sewer costs
- Falls Council reappoints member to library board
- Bath trustees approve sale of fire department vehicle
- Peninsula Council on third try makes quorum for meeting
- Copley exploring contract with single trash hauler
- Richfield trustees approve fire/EMS contract
- Granger trustees hear presentation on fire prevention
- County Council opposing pipeline
- Cub Scouts get creative for Chariot Races
- Coventry goes with reduced ballot issue
- Norton gives final State of the City address
- Council considers Tudor House addition
- Springfield trustees approve application for Spartan Trail
- Local blood drives
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Akron Baroque: Super Bowl Baroque! - 2/1/2015
- Backyard Bird Feeding - 2/1/2015
- Melissa Harris-Perry - 2/2/2015
- Make a Pop-Up Book: grades 3-6 - 2/2/2015
- Fondues and Essential Oils - 2/3/2015