Cider Festival celebrates season’s treats
Those who attended could purchase cider from the Norton Lions and enjoy other fall-themed treats. Pictured below, from left, during the Oct. 6 events are club members Kim Miller, Mary Jo Miller and Blake Miller at the cider booth. Kim Miller was the festival’s vendor chair and Blake Miller served as festival co-chair with Vicky Wallace.
Also on hand were Norton Historical Society officers Lisa Merrick and Norton Fire Lt. Rodger Ramsthaler, pictured at right, in front of the Historical Society float, which won first in the parade for Best Theme. It included the original apple from the first Norton Cider Festival, they said.
Visitors like Sheila Graham, of Cuyahoga Falls, and her daughter, Olivia Graham, 2, enjoyed the pony rides at the festival. They are shown bottom right with Michaela Isak, 17, of Caballero’s 4H, of Norton.
Shown middle right, Norton residents Hayden Freeman, at left, and Alivia Potter, both 9, enjoyed some festival fries.
The festival also featured some of the artistically carved pumpkins, such as those shown at top, by the Culinary Artists Club of The University of Akron.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
|Photos: Krista Galloway|
More Community News
- APS superintendent touts academy concept
- Polar Bear Jumpers take plunge for good
- Gas pump stickers protect against ‘skimming’
- Staying safe when selling online
- State Sen. Sykes focused on local needs
- West Side News & Notes
- Fairlawn going out for bid on concrete slab program
- Bath trustees expecting faster internet
- Trustees OK conditional use of barns as event centers
- Court honors Cacioppo, Davis
- Wadsworth judge presents Sharon trustees with yearly report
- Akron-Canton Foodbank welcomes new board members
Calendar of Events
- GriefCare Place - 2/23/2017
- Yoga for Babies and Tots - 2/23/2017
- Thrift Store Painting with Jen Davis - 2/23/2017
- Travelin’ Johnsons - 2/23/2017
- “Sully” - 2/23/2017