Cider Festival celebrates season’s treats
Those who attended could purchase cider from the Norton Lions and enjoy other fall-themed treats. Pictured below, from left, during the Oct. 6 events are club members Kim Miller, Mary Jo Miller and Blake Miller at the cider booth. Kim Miller was the festival’s vendor chair and Blake Miller served as festival co-chair with Vicky Wallace.
Also on hand were Norton Historical Society officers Lisa Merrick and Norton Fire Lt. Rodger Ramsthaler, pictured at right, in front of the Historical Society float, which won first in the parade for Best Theme. It included the original apple from the first Norton Cider Festival, they said.
Visitors like Sheila Graham, of Cuyahoga Falls, and her daughter, Olivia Graham, 2, enjoyed the pony rides at the festival. They are shown bottom right with Michaela Isak, 17, of Caballero’s 4H, of Norton.
Shown middle right, Norton residents Hayden Freeman, at left, and Alivia Potter, both 9, enjoyed some festival fries.
The festival also featured some of the artistically carved pumpkins, such as those shown at top, by the Culinary Artists Club of The University of Akron.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
|Photos: Krista Galloway|
More Community News
- Portage Crossing coming to life
- Glowing lights shine at Holiday Tree Festival
- Norton police chief sworn in
- Akron addressing daytime burglaries
- Wanted: Holiday volunteers
- Council supports grant application for Richfield site
- Skaters, hockey players to benefit from plow purchase
- Richfield reviewing proposed guidelines for historic district
- Richfield trustees review proposals for police, fire contracts
- Granger trustees agree Brenelle Lane should not be terminated
- Turkeys common in Metro Parks
- West Side News & Notes
- Residents want safer Myersville Road
- Coventry Fire helping those in need
- New Franklin officials address increasing revenue
- Council supports grant application for Coventry bog
- Akron Council committee supports Safe Routes to School plan
- ‘Light up a Life’ benefits Hospice of VNS
- Akron Children’s Pediatrics in Green moves
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- History Hike - 11/28/2014
- After Thanksgiving Hike - 11/28/2014
- Brent Kirby and His Luck with Rebecca Wohlever - 11/28/2014
- Akron Metro Parks Hiking Club - 11/28/2014
- A New Adventure - 11/29/2014