Cider Festival celebrates season’s treats
Those who attended could purchase cider from the Norton Lions and enjoy other fall-themed treats. Pictured below, from left, during the Oct. 6 events are club members Kim Miller, Mary Jo Miller and Blake Miller at the cider booth. Kim Miller was the festival’s vendor chair and Blake Miller served as festival co-chair with Vicky Wallace.
Also on hand were Norton Historical Society officers Lisa Merrick and Norton Fire Lt. Rodger Ramsthaler, pictured at right, in front of the Historical Society float, which won first in the parade for Best Theme. It included the original apple from the first Norton Cider Festival, they said.
Visitors like Sheila Graham, of Cuyahoga Falls, and her daughter, Olivia Graham, 2, enjoyed the pony rides at the festival. They are shown bottom right with Michaela Isak, 17, of Caballero’s 4H, of Norton.
Shown middle right, Norton residents Hayden Freeman, at left, and Alivia Potter, both 9, enjoyed some festival fries.
The festival also featured some of the artistically carved pumpkins, such as those shown at top, by the Culinary Artists Club of The University of Akron.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
|Photos: Krista Galloway|
More Community News
- Health district moving to West Akron
- Runners get in Halloween spirit
- Granger voters to see road, fire levies on ballot
- Fire levy on ballot in Sharon
- West Akron man volunteering in Ghana
- Falls implementing civil dispute program
- Boston to receive funds from NPS
- Richfield mayor discusses village’s investments
- Granger trustees continue to review conservation easement
- Stow Court modernizing, shares info with Richfield Chamber
- OFSC presents funds to burn unit
- West Side News & Notes
- Lakemore asking voters to renew fire levy
- Acme celebrates opening
- Coventry trustees asking voters to support Issue 53
- Residents oppose proposed gas line through Green
- Springfield helping with Canton Road corridor work
- Health district readies for new home
- Green Fire named STEMI Award winner
- Green employee receives Patriot Award
- Students share green thumb efforts
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- “Godzilla” - 10/23/2014
- Campfire: Northern Cheyenne Indians - 10/23/2014
- GriefCare Place - 10/23/2014
- The Tubes - 10/24/2014
- Tales for Tots - 10/24/2014