Cider Festival celebrates season’s treats
Those who attended could purchase cider from the Norton Lions and enjoy other fall-themed treats. Pictured below, from left, during the Oct. 6 events are club members Kim Miller, Mary Jo Miller and Blake Miller at the cider booth. Kim Miller was the festival’s vendor chair and Blake Miller served as festival co-chair with Vicky Wallace.
Also on hand were Norton Historical Society officers Lisa Merrick and Norton Fire Lt. Rodger Ramsthaler, pictured at right, in front of the Historical Society float, which won first in the parade for Best Theme. It included the original apple from the first Norton Cider Festival, they said.
Visitors like Sheila Graham, of Cuyahoga Falls, and her daughter, Olivia Graham, 2, enjoyed the pony rides at the festival. They are shown bottom right with Michaela Isak, 17, of Caballero’s 4H, of Norton.
Shown middle right, Norton residents Hayden Freeman, at left, and Alivia Potter, both 9, enjoyed some festival fries.
The festival also featured some of the artistically carved pumpkins, such as those shown at top, by the Culinary Artists Club of The University of Akron.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
|Photos: Krista Galloway|
More Community News
- Akron to raise rental registration fee
- Jolly fun had at Christmas Jingle
- Residents seek to form watershed conservancy
- Grant puts road widening closer to reality
- Local Boy Scouts go on summer ‘high adventure trek’
- West Side News & Notes
- Millennium Fund awards grants
- Blood donation opportunities
- Tucker named new Akron fire chief
- CSO project underway this week
- Campaign provides light for end-of-life patients, remembers those who have died
- Free fire alarms, installation available from Red Cross
- County Council looking at cost of medicine at jail
- Burton D. Morgan Foundation grants awarded
- Fairlawn Holiday Lighting Contest to be judged Dec. 13
- Bath trustees considering proposal for observatory
- Richfield looking to bring back winter festival
- Richfield Village receives covenant not to sue under Ohio EPA Voluntary Action Program
- Granger trustees discuss cemetery, zoning fees
- Scout siblings earn awards
Calendar of Events
- “Finding Dory” - 12/8/2016
- Felted Beaded Necklace - 12/8/2016
- University of Akron Chamber Orchestra - 12/8/2016
- Handmade Gifts for the Holidays: ages 3-6 - 12/8/2016
- Baby Play - 12/8/2016