Fun unmasked at Boo at the Zoo
|Photos: Ken Crisafi|
Enjoying the event Oct. 12 from behind their masks were Terlona Knife, 16, of Fairlawn, and her mother, Tiffanie Cohen, who are pictured at right top, from left.
During the event, children can visit a dozen trick-or-treat stations and participate in other fun activities. In addition, zoo attractions are open to visitors.
Caleb Self, 5, of Louisville, had a chance to try the clear slide at the otter exhibit during his visit, as shown at right middle.
Little lion Luke Moles, 1, shown at right bottom, had fun on a rhinoceros on the zoo’s Conservation Carousel with his mother, Jennifer Moles, of Cuyahoga Falls.
Boo at the Zoo continues Oct. 18-20 and 25-27. Hours are 5:30 to 8 p.m. on Fridays and 3 to 8 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. Admission is $10 for trick-or-treaters and $6 for observers. Akron Zoo members will receive free observer admission. Advanced tickets, which are $1 less, are now on sale at the zoo, 500 Edgewood Ave., on its website, at www.akronzoo.org, and all Acme Fresh Market locations. For additional information, call 330-375-2550.
For more area Halloween events, see our listing on Page 26.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Community News
- Democratic mayoral candidates debate
- Buchtel students visit Kenya via biostatistics program
- Grether resigns, special election needed in Norton
- APD officers engaging in ‘park and walk’ effort
- County looking to become more immigrant-friendly
- West Side News & Notes
- Scouts stage ‘buy-in’ to support Circle K
- Bhutanese community learning about Akron
- Service building project to go out for bids
- Copley to award trash hauler contract next month
- Representative discusses services of Renacci’s office
Calendar of Events
- Author Visit: Judith Fertig - 8/27/2015
- “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon” - 8/27/2015
- Evil Ways, The Jimi Hendrix Tribute Experience and Ball and Chain - 8/28/2015
- End of Summer Jam with Sir Charles and Wendell B. - 8/28/2015
- Thyme for Dinner: Campfire Cooking - 8/28/2015