Fun unmasked at Boo at the Zoo
|Photos: Ken Crisafi|
Enjoying the event Oct. 12 from behind their masks were Terlona Knife, 16, of Fairlawn, and her mother, Tiffanie Cohen, who are pictured at right top, from left.
During the event, children can visit a dozen trick-or-treat stations and participate in other fun activities. In addition, zoo attractions are open to visitors.
Caleb Self, 5, of Louisville, had a chance to try the clear slide at the otter exhibit during his visit, as shown at right middle.
Little lion Luke Moles, 1, shown at right bottom, had fun on a rhinoceros on the zoo’s Conservation Carousel with his mother, Jennifer Moles, of Cuyahoga Falls.
Boo at the Zoo continues Oct. 18-20 and 25-27. Hours are 5:30 to 8 p.m. on Fridays and 3 to 8 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. Admission is $10 for trick-or-treaters and $6 for observers. Akron Zoo members will receive free observer admission. Advanced tickets, which are $1 less, are now on sale at the zoo, 500 Edgewood Ave., on its website, at www.akronzoo.org, and all Acme Fresh Market locations. For additional information, call 330-375-2550.
For more area Halloween events, see our listing on Page 26.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Community News
- Akron seeking help with ‘sensitive’ incidents
- King CLC opens to public
- Fire in Richfield destroys building, equipment
- Breaking Addiction Act gets partial support from Council
- APS focusing on digital needs, offerings
- Norton OKs fire truck purchase
- County ordinance may pave way for Copley flood relief
- Richfield trustees discuss recovery from recent fire
- Richfield Village assisting township with aid after fire
- Community input requested on land conservancy proposal
- Search for missing woman continues in CVNP
- West Side News & Notes
- Sheriff’s Office talks policing contract, sales tax with Coventry
- Community ‘quilt’ sculpture unveiled at art-A-palooza
- Green Council denies zoning for apartment complex
- New Franklin Council OKs lawsuit settlement
- County Council gives partial support to Breaking Addiction Act
- Spring Hill gets new playground
- ACF, city join to award grants for local neighborhoods
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- “The Boiling Point” - 9/2/2014
- Akron Symphony Chorus - 9/2/2014
- Wilco with special guest Bahamas - 9/4/2014
- Full Moon Labyrinth Walk Workshop: The Harvest Moon: “Sing, Dance and Celebrate” - 9/7/2014
- Open House - 9/7/2014