Fun unmasked at Boo at the Zoo
|Photos: Ken Crisafi|
Enjoying the event Oct. 12 from behind their masks were Terlona Knife, 16, of Fairlawn, and her mother, Tiffanie Cohen, who are pictured at right top, from left.
During the event, children can visit a dozen trick-or-treat stations and participate in other fun activities. In addition, zoo attractions are open to visitors.
Caleb Self, 5, of Louisville, had a chance to try the clear slide at the otter exhibit during his visit, as shown at right middle.
Little lion Luke Moles, 1, shown at right bottom, had fun on a rhinoceros on the zoo’s Conservation Carousel with his mother, Jennifer Moles, of Cuyahoga Falls.
Boo at the Zoo continues Oct. 18-20 and 25-27. Hours are 5:30 to 8 p.m. on Fridays and 3 to 8 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. Admission is $10 for trick-or-treaters and $6 for observers. Akron Zoo members will receive free observer admission. Advanced tickets, which are $1 less, are now on sale at the zoo, 500 Edgewood Ave., on its website, at www.akronzoo.org, and all Acme Fresh Market locations. For additional information, call 330-375-2550.
For more area Halloween events, see our listing on Page 26.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Community News
- Moneypenny ready to take mayor’s seat
- Copley celebrates Memorial Day
- Founders’ Day will mark AA’s 80th year
- Shy shares credit for park district successes
- West Side News & Notes
- Copley asks Ohio Supreme Court to hear Rothrock appeal
- Historic designation sought for Keyser property
- Copley trustees approve building replacement
- Richfield police chief warns residents about burglars
- Richfield trustees discuss Crowell Hilaka property use
Calendar of Events
- “Dumb and Dumber To” - 5/28/2015
- Gordon Lightfoot - 5/28/2015
- Hearing Loss Support Group - 5/28/2015
- Computer Keyboard Basics, eLearning the Easy Way & Excel Basics - 5/28/2015
- Women’s Art League of Akron Member Show - 5/28/2015