Fun unmasked at Boo at the Zoo
|Photos: Ken Crisafi|
Enjoying the event Oct. 12 from behind their masks were Terlona Knife, 16, of Fairlawn, and her mother, Tiffanie Cohen, who are pictured at right top, from left.
During the event, children can visit a dozen trick-or-treat stations and participate in other fun activities. In addition, zoo attractions are open to visitors.
Caleb Self, 5, of Louisville, had a chance to try the clear slide at the otter exhibit during his visit, as shown at right middle.
Little lion Luke Moles, 1, shown at right bottom, had fun on a rhinoceros on the zoo’s Conservation Carousel with his mother, Jennifer Moles, of Cuyahoga Falls.
Boo at the Zoo continues Oct. 18-20 and 25-27. Hours are 5:30 to 8 p.m. on Fridays and 3 to 8 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. Admission is $10 for trick-or-treaters and $6 for observers. Akron Zoo members will receive free observer admission. Advanced tickets, which are $1 less, are now on sale at the zoo, 500 Edgewood Ave., on its website, at www.akronzoo.org, and all Acme Fresh Market locations. For additional information, call 330-375-2550.
For more area Halloween events, see our listing on Page 26.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Community News
- Akron Council raises campaign limits
- Animals in need find home at Forever Amber Acres
- Mustard Seed eyes May opening in Highland Square
- Reentry Network offers safety net for parolees
- West Side News & Notes
- Celebrate with religious sights, sounds
- Reentry Network announces 2015 programs
- Cub Scouts participate in ‘Operation Smile’
- Fairlawn officials remember former Council member
- OWRC installs 2015 officers
- Bath trustees reject fact-finder’s report
- Boston officials discuss new tax collection agency
- Sharon trustees revisit resurfacing agreement
- Hattie Larlham gets early Christmas gift
- Norton officers take part in Shop with a Cop
- Norton food drive to help families
- Lakemore Council bids farewell to solicitor
- Santas spreading holiday cheer with Kiwanis events
- Coventry still mulling Sheriff’s Office contract
- Coventry superintendent tackling negativity
- Green students give back to community
- Springfield trustees approve zoning change
- Akron raises campaign limits, OKs body camera trial
- Manchester senior earns Eagle Scout rank
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 12/23/2014
- A New Beginning - 12/24/2014
- Presents for Nature Realm Critters - 12/24/2014
- School’s Out Cookout: bring hot dogs and buns - 12/26/2014
- A New Adventure - 12/27/2014