Fun unmasked at Boo at the Zoo
|Photos: Ken Crisafi|
Enjoying the event Oct. 12 from behind their masks were Terlona Knife, 16, of Fairlawn, and her mother, Tiffanie Cohen, who are pictured at right top, from left.
During the event, children can visit a dozen trick-or-treat stations and participate in other fun activities. In addition, zoo attractions are open to visitors.
Caleb Self, 5, of Louisville, had a chance to try the clear slide at the otter exhibit during his visit, as shown at right middle.
Little lion Luke Moles, 1, shown at right bottom, had fun on a rhinoceros on the zoo’s Conservation Carousel with his mother, Jennifer Moles, of Cuyahoga Falls.
Boo at the Zoo continues Oct. 18-20 and 25-27. Hours are 5:30 to 8 p.m. on Fridays and 3 to 8 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. Admission is $10 for trick-or-treaters and $6 for observers. Akron Zoo members will receive free observer admission. Advanced tickets, which are $1 less, are now on sale at the zoo, 500 Edgewood Ave., on its website, at www.akronzoo.org, and all Acme Fresh Market locations. For additional information, call 330-375-2550.
For more area Halloween events, see our listing on Page 26.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Community News
- Akron to raise rental registration fee
- Jolly fun had at Christmas Jingle
- Residents seek to form watershed conservancy
- Grant puts road widening closer to reality
- Local Boy Scouts go on summer ‘high adventure trek’
- West Side News & Notes
- Millennium Fund awards grants
- Blood donation opportunities
- Tucker named new Akron fire chief
- CSO project underway this week
- Campaign provides light for end-of-life patients, remembers those who have died
- Free fire alarms, installation available from Red Cross
- County Council looking at cost of medicine at jail
- Burton D. Morgan Foundation grants awarded
- Fairlawn Holiday Lighting Contest to be judged Dec. 13
- Bath trustees considering proposal for observatory
- Richfield looking to bring back winter festival
- Richfield Village receives covenant not to sue under Ohio EPA Voluntary Action Program
- Granger trustees discuss cemetery, zoning fees
- Scout siblings earn awards
Calendar of Events
- “Finding Dory” - 12/8/2016
- Felted Beaded Necklace - 12/8/2016
- University of Akron Chamber Orchestra - 12/8/2016
- Handmade Gifts for the Holidays: ages 3-6 - 12/8/2016
- Baby Play - 12/8/2016