Falls Eastern Star wins outstanding chapter award
|Photo courtesy of Falls Chapter No. 245, Order of the Eastern Star|
The award recognized the chapter for its accomplishments in the areas of charity and community service, chapter social activities, the performance of chapter officers and success in attracting new members. Falls Chapter is one of more than 230 Eastern Star chapters in Ohio. Only 22 chapters received the “Outstanding Chapter” designation, according to chapter officials.
The awards were presented by Worthy Grand Matron Barbara Pelfrey and Worthy Grand Patron Ron Keller as part of a Chapter Excellence Program they initiated a year ago. They were presented to William and Dorothy Murphy, the current Worthy Matron and Patron of Falls Chapter, who are shown at right.
“We wanted to encourage and recognize those chapters that work so hard to demonstrate the principles of the Order of the Eastern Star,” Pelfrey said.
Walnut sounding blocks were presented to each chapter receiving the award. A gold-toned engraved plate on one side of the sounding block designates Falls Chapter No. 245 as an “Outstanding Chapter” for 2013. The sounding block is intended for continued use on the podium of the chapter’s presiding officer.
Applications for the Chapter Excellence Awards were reviewed by state officers. Falls Chapter was particularly commended for its support of ministry students, youth groups, the American Heart Association and Haven of Rest, as well as for the large number of social activities that it holds for its members, according to chapter officials.
More Community News
- Minus kitchen, shelter will feed residents
- Revere students schooled on financial literacy
- Travel expenses spur Akron City Council discussion
- Copley survey results to guide development
- West Side News & Notes
- Norton celebrates upgraded bond rating
- Four to seek vacant Norton City Council seat
- Sharon Post Office to host Passport Fair
- Council delays vote on repairs to downtown decks
- Peninsula Council honors resident
- Boston trustees discuss new speed limit law
- Council considers rezoning request on West Streetsboro Road
- Trustees OK agreement for Southern Road property
- Granger property owner addresses BZA ruling
- Police seeking help with burglaries
- Green Middle School assisting students in need
- Coventry district presents report on open enrollment
- Coventry closes door to new gaming establishments
- South Side News & Notes
- Even without kitchen, shelter will feed residents
Calendar of Events
- Teen Advisory Board - 2/21/2017
- A New Adventure: group for widows and widowers - 2/22/2017
- “Saturday Night Fever — The Musical” - 2/22/2017
- Hydration in Older Adults - 2/22/2017
- Meet Me in the Garden - 2/22/2017