Falls Eastern Star wins outstanding chapter award
|Photo courtesy of Falls Chapter No. 245, Order of the Eastern Star|
The award recognized the chapter for its accomplishments in the areas of charity and community service, chapter social activities, the performance of chapter officers and success in attracting new members. Falls Chapter is one of more than 230 Eastern Star chapters in Ohio. Only 22 chapters received the “Outstanding Chapter” designation, according to chapter officials.
The awards were presented by Worthy Grand Matron Barbara Pelfrey and Worthy Grand Patron Ron Keller as part of a Chapter Excellence Program they initiated a year ago. They were presented to William and Dorothy Murphy, the current Worthy Matron and Patron of Falls Chapter, who are shown at right.
“We wanted to encourage and recognize those chapters that work so hard to demonstrate the principles of the Order of the Eastern Star,” Pelfrey said.
Walnut sounding blocks were presented to each chapter receiving the award. A gold-toned engraved plate on one side of the sounding block designates Falls Chapter No. 245 as an “Outstanding Chapter” for 2013. The sounding block is intended for continued use on the podium of the chapter’s presiding officer.
Applications for the Chapter Excellence Awards were reviewed by state officers. Falls Chapter was particularly commended for its support of ministry students, youth groups, the American Heart Association and Haven of Rest, as well as for the large number of social activities that it holds for its members, according to chapter officials.
More Community News
- County notes success of Gay Games
- Copley fathers, sons hike Grand Canyon rim to rim
- Fairlawn updating rental, housing code
- Church offering English as second language classes
- Medina County hiking program begins Sept. 1
- Bath board approves road improvements, trail construction
- Boston officials discuss new safety measures
- Sharon Fire adding new shift
- Red Cross names interim chapter executive
- JLA accepts grant for Kids in the Kitchen project
- West Side News & Notes
- Coventry to further fund flood mitigation
- Local man ‘model’ citizen with building hobby
- County Council notes success of Gay Games
- Cottage Grove School set for demolition
- Kick for The Cure benefiting Camp Quality, hospice
- Springfield trustees seeking to reduce water/sewer bills further
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Saturday Dance and Gymnastics - 8/23/2014
- Sixth Medina International Fest - 8/23/2014
- 24th Annual AoRC Juried Show - 8/23/2014
- “Relatively Speaking” by Alan Ayckbourn - 8/24/2014
- Hudson Stamp Show - 8/24/2014