Falls Eastern Star wins outstanding chapter award
|Photo courtesy of Falls Chapter No. 245, Order of the Eastern Star|
The award recognized the chapter for its accomplishments in the areas of charity and community service, chapter social activities, the performance of chapter officers and success in attracting new members. Falls Chapter is one of more than 230 Eastern Star chapters in Ohio. Only 22 chapters received the “Outstanding Chapter” designation, according to chapter officials.
The awards were presented by Worthy Grand Matron Barbara Pelfrey and Worthy Grand Patron Ron Keller as part of a Chapter Excellence Program they initiated a year ago. They were presented to William and Dorothy Murphy, the current Worthy Matron and Patron of Falls Chapter, who are shown at right.
“We wanted to encourage and recognize those chapters that work so hard to demonstrate the principles of the Order of the Eastern Star,” Pelfrey said.
Walnut sounding blocks were presented to each chapter receiving the award. A gold-toned engraved plate on one side of the sounding block designates Falls Chapter No. 245 as an “Outstanding Chapter” for 2013. The sounding block is intended for continued use on the podium of the chapter’s presiding officer.
Applications for the Chapter Excellence Awards were reviewed by state officers. Falls Chapter was particularly commended for its support of ministry students, youth groups, the American Heart Association and Haven of Rest, as well as for the large number of social activities that it holds for its members, according to chapter officials.
More Community News
- Derby celebrates 78th year
- Akron City Council OKs Wallhaven project
- Districting proposal making its way to ballot
- Confusion follows Falls Council’s charter change vote
- Boston optimistic with switch to RITA
- Richfield Village officials still considering water tower sites
- Leadership Akron selects members of new class
- Granger firefighters promoted to lieutenant rank
- Sanitarium scrapbook preservation in works
Calendar of Events
- Colin Dussault - 8/3/2015
- “First Tuesday” Dance - 8/4/2015
- Experience the Underground Railroad - 8/4/2015
- Freezing and Canning Workshop - 8/4/2015
- Show and Tell Me a Story: for ages 1-3 - 8/5/2015