Falls Eastern Star wins outstanding chapter award
|Photo courtesy of Falls Chapter No. 245, Order of the Eastern Star|
The award recognized the chapter for its accomplishments in the areas of charity and community service, chapter social activities, the performance of chapter officers and success in attracting new members. Falls Chapter is one of more than 230 Eastern Star chapters in Ohio. Only 22 chapters received the “Outstanding Chapter” designation, according to chapter officials.
The awards were presented by Worthy Grand Matron Barbara Pelfrey and Worthy Grand Patron Ron Keller as part of a Chapter Excellence Program they initiated a year ago. They were presented to William and Dorothy Murphy, the current Worthy Matron and Patron of Falls Chapter, who are shown at right.
“We wanted to encourage and recognize those chapters that work so hard to demonstrate the principles of the Order of the Eastern Star,” Pelfrey said.
Walnut sounding blocks were presented to each chapter receiving the award. A gold-toned engraved plate on one side of the sounding block designates Falls Chapter No. 245 as an “Outstanding Chapter” for 2013. The sounding block is intended for continued use on the podium of the chapter’s presiding officer.
Applications for the Chapter Excellence Awards were reviewed by state officers. Falls Chapter was particularly commended for its support of ministry students, youth groups, the American Heart Association and Haven of Rest, as well as for the large number of social activities that it holds for its members, according to chapter officials.
More Community News
- Akron Council OKs retiree benefit changes
- Treats in store at Akron Zoo
- County seeing opiate epidemic effects on finances
- APS board hears financial forecast
- West Side News & Notes
- Sheriff’s Office dedicates K-9 memorial
- ‘King of the Falls’ receives recognition at Broad Boulevard
- Falls leaf program start delayed to Oct. 31
- Falls seeking Youth Advisory Council members
- Norton Council OKs energy efficiency improvements
- Montrose Avenue zoning request in Bath withdrawn
- Norton Council clerk collecting pajama donations
- Boy Scout builds birdhouses for area shelters
- Copley trustees purchase third parcel for ‘campus’
- KAB recognizes board member, volunteer
- Richfield Council considering expanding cemeteries
- Granger board hears complaints about after-hours park use
- Lead poisoning prevention push underway
- SCPH gets $2.9 million for Lead Hazard Control program
- County Adopt-A-Thon rehomes pets
Calendar of Events
- Sisters in Art 2016 Exhibit - 10/27/2016
- Cuyahoga Valley Heritage Concert: Dom Flemons - 10/27/2016
- Uncorked Canvas with Brian Sutphin - 10/27/2016
- “Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein” - 10/27/2016
- Ohio Spirits: Stories, Legends and Tales from Ohio’s Haunted Places - 10/27/2016