Falls Eastern Star wins outstanding chapter award
|Photo courtesy of Falls Chapter No. 245, Order of the Eastern Star|
The award recognized the chapter for its accomplishments in the areas of charity and community service, chapter social activities, the performance of chapter officers and success in attracting new members. Falls Chapter is one of more than 230 Eastern Star chapters in Ohio. Only 22 chapters received the “Outstanding Chapter” designation, according to chapter officials.
The awards were presented by Worthy Grand Matron Barbara Pelfrey and Worthy Grand Patron Ron Keller as part of a Chapter Excellence Program they initiated a year ago. They were presented to William and Dorothy Murphy, the current Worthy Matron and Patron of Falls Chapter, who are shown at right.
“We wanted to encourage and recognize those chapters that work so hard to demonstrate the principles of the Order of the Eastern Star,” Pelfrey said.
Walnut sounding blocks were presented to each chapter receiving the award. A gold-toned engraved plate on one side of the sounding block designates Falls Chapter No. 245 as an “Outstanding Chapter” for 2013. The sounding block is intended for continued use on the podium of the chapter’s presiding officer.
Applications for the Chapter Excellence Awards were reviewed by state officers. Falls Chapter was particularly commended for its support of ministry students, youth groups, the American Heart Association and Haven of Rest, as well as for the large number of social activities that it holds for its members, according to chapter officials.
More Community News
- Bath parks levy renewal on May ballot
- Area communities offering Safety Town
- Woodridge studying future of school buildings
- Council OKs new Dollar General in Merriman Valley
- Youth employment program getting on its way
- Falls Council OKs purchase for Electrical Department
- Norton Council accepts Moving Ohio Forward funds
- Boston trustees take step to clear property
- Sharon trustees discuss recent township break-ins
- Granger trustees approve tax abatement guidelines
- KAB names litter prevention campaign contest winners
- LaRose honors local youth
- YMCAs presenting Healthy Kids Day
- Montrose transportation meeting set for May 15
- United Way announces education investments, new funding strategy
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Cuyahoga Valley Frackers and Brick Road Ramblers - 4/18/2014
- Antiquarian Book Fair - 4/18/2014
- Sensory Story Time - 4/19/2014
- Terrarium Workshop - 4/19/2014
- Hop, Hop, Hop! - 4/19/2014