Boo at the Zoo back again
|Photos: Ken Crisafi|
On Oct. 12, Seraphina Infante, 4 months, enjoyed her first Boo at the Zoo in the arms of her mother, Laura Infante, of Uniontown, while aunt Christy Hajaway, of Akron, playfully teased her, as shown at right middle.
Also enjoying the event that day was flower-costumed Reagon Buckshaw, 2, of Green, and her mother, Stacey Buckshaw, who are pictured at right top.
During the event, children can visit a dozen trick-or-treat stations and participate in other fun activities. In addition, zoo attractions are open to visitors. Caleb Self, 5, of Louisville, had a chance to try the clear slide at the otter exhibit during his visit, as shown at right bottom.
Boo at the Zoo continues Oct. 18-20 and 25-27. Hours are 5:30 to 8 p.m. on Fridays and 3 to 8 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. Admission is $10 for trick-or-treaters and $6 for observers. Akron Zoo members will receive free observer admission. Advanced tickets, which are $1 less, are now on sale at the zoo, 500 Edgewood Ave., on its website, at www.akronzoo.org, and all Acme Fresh Market locations. For additional information, call 330-375-2550.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Community News
- APS superintendent touts academy concept
- Polar Bear Jumpers take plunge for good
- Gas pump stickers protect against ‘skimming’
- Staying safe when selling online
- State Sen. Sykes focused on local needs
- West Side News & Notes
- Fairlawn going out for bid on concrete slab program
- Bath trustees expecting faster internet
- Trustees OK conditional use of barns as event centers
- Court honors Cacioppo, Davis
- Wadsworth judge presents Sharon trustees with yearly report
- Akron-Canton Foodbank welcomes new board members
Calendar of Events
- GriefCare Place - 2/23/2017
- Yoga for Babies and Tots - 2/23/2017
- Thrift Store Painting with Jen Davis - 2/23/2017
- Estate Planning - 2/23/2017
- Travelin’ Johnsons - 2/23/2017