Boo at the Zoo back again
|Photos: Ken Crisafi|
On Oct. 12, Seraphina Infante, 4 months, enjoyed her first Boo at the Zoo in the arms of her mother, Laura Infante, of Uniontown, while aunt Christy Hajaway, of Akron, playfully teased her, as shown at right middle.
Also enjoying the event that day was flower-costumed Reagon Buckshaw, 2, of Green, and her mother, Stacey Buckshaw, who are pictured at right top.
During the event, children can visit a dozen trick-or-treat stations and participate in other fun activities. In addition, zoo attractions are open to visitors. Caleb Self, 5, of Louisville, had a chance to try the clear slide at the otter exhibit during his visit, as shown at right bottom.
Boo at the Zoo continues Oct. 18-20 and 25-27. Hours are 5:30 to 8 p.m. on Fridays and 3 to 8 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. Admission is $10 for trick-or-treaters and $6 for observers. Akron Zoo members will receive free observer admission. Advanced tickets, which are $1 less, are now on sale at the zoo, 500 Edgewood Ave., on its website, at www.akronzoo.org, and all Acme Fresh Market locations. For additional information, call 330-375-2550.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Community News
- Akron addresses campaign finance violations
- Local communities celebrating Memorial Day
- Akron sounds to inspire symphony
- County nearing end of contract cycle
- Revere community rallies to support veterans
- West Side News & Notes
- Courts get grants for technology
- Fairlawn Council passes updates to city’s rental, housing code
- Bath trustees moving forward with information center
- Boston looking into potential funding from Ohio EPA
- Foundation helping families with cancer
- Sharon officials hold meeting at Sharon Elementary School
Calendar of Events
- Electric Pressure Cooker Open Mic - 5/22/2015
- Lil’ Sprouts - 5/22/2015
- Kathy Johnson Trio - 5/22/2015
- Ron Kalinoski on “How to Grind Your Own Telescope Mirror”: Astronomy Club of Akron - 5/22/2015
- Wanted with Rock Brigade - 5/22/2015