New Franklin Council considers routine matters
New Franklin City Council reviewed a number of routine pieces of legislation at the Oct. 16 meeting.
Among the items introduced and adopted on first reading was a resolution to transfer about $10,500 within the Fire Fund and a resolution to accept the amounts and rates as determined by the Summit County Budget Commission, authorizing the necessary tax levies and certifying them to the Summit County Fiscal Office.
A resolution to adopt a memorandum of understanding with Summit County Public Health for storm water services from 2014 through 2018, a service the city has used in the past, was placed on time because it is not effective until January.
Another resolution to award a bid to Cavanaugh Building for alternate work involving linking the Storm Water Demonstration project and its trail in front of City Hall to another to be established around Miracle Field, located next door, also was placed on time.
City officials are reworking the original bid to accommodate a recently received $30,000 Community Development Block Grant that requires a city match of $30,000, which will be used to purchase senior exercise equipment to be set up at fitness stations on the Miracle Field trail. Work on that trail is expected to begin next spring, according to city officials.
Also during the meeting, Council approved a motion to change the designation of peak and off-season months for rentals at the Tudor House. The peak season is now defined as May 1 through Oct. 31 and off-season is Nov. 1 through April 30.
The next regular Council meeting will take place Nov. 6 starting at 6 p.m. with committee meetings and followed immediately by the regular meeting at City Hall, 5611 Manchester Road.
More Community News
- Akron welcoming NBA star ‘back home’
- Old-fashioned carnival celebrates SCHS anniversary
- Woodridge bids farewell to board member
- APS board accepts donation from foundation
- Kids Month celebrated in August
- Boston trustees discuss issues with road project
- Sharon officials provide update on smell
- Falls drafts deal for development of Menards
- Norton working on flood control on Newpark Drive
- Granger Fire personnel sworn in
- Fairlawn officials investigating nightly room rentals in residences
- West Side News & Notes
- Springfield superintendent retiring
- Road resurfacing behind schedule in Coventry
- Pine Lake residents object to new Lauer Park entrance
Calendar of Events
- Mosaic Picture Frame for grades 5-12 - 7/24/2014
- Taste of Akron - 7/24/2014
- “Complaints of a Dutiful Daughter:” - 7/24/2014
- GriefCare Place - 7/24/2014
- Storytime: Lapsit - 7/24/2014