Costumes for a cause at charity ball
|Photos: Ken Crisafi|
Among those who participated in the costume contest was Bruce Miller, of Ravenna, who is shown at top right in his Incredible Hulk costume. Miller was a finalist.
Also in the running for the grand prize were Stephanie and Devin Oddo, of Fairlawn, who dressed as an Awkward Family Photo, as pictured at bottom right.
Attendees also enjoyed food, drinks and dancing throughout the evening.
Shown above is West Akron resident Don McArdle, dressed as a chef, as he leads revelers in “The Monster Mash.”
During its 10 years, the ball has raised more than $150,000 for local charities, according to organizers. For more information, go to www.halloweencharityball.org.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Community News
- Health officials probe hospital TB exposure
- Richfield Village kicks off jubilee year
- Falls forms team to address opiate addiction
- Kurt continues as Clerk of Courts
- Early meetings don’t dissuade Copley Key Club members
- West Side News & Notes
- Boston trustees honor community members
- Impact Award winners honored
- Bath trustees request intersection study
- Shapiro takes oath of office
- Mature Services receives grant for program
- Lakemore requesting income tax increase
- Coventry moving ahead with police ballot issue
- Springfield trustees to place new parks levy on ballot
- South Side News & Notes
- Akron mayor wants Oriana House audit
- Green mayor to give State of City
Calendar of Events
- Play and Stay Friday - 1/20/2017
- 11th Annual Chili Challenge to benefit Akron Children’s Hospital’s Burn Unit - 1/20/2017
- Silly Fridays: Create Your Own Crystal Garden - 1/20/2017
- Homeschoolers: The Power of Poison: ages 11-14 - 1/20/2017
- Puppet Show: Mindy Mouse Finds a Flower - 1/21/2017