Costumes for a cause at charity ball
|Photos: Ken Crisafi|
Among those who participated in the costume contest was Bruce Miller, of Ravenna, who is shown at top right in his Incredible Hulk costume. Miller was a finalist.
Also in the running for the grand prize were Stephanie and Devin Oddo, of Fairlawn, who dressed as an Awkward Family Photo, as pictured at bottom right.
Attendees also enjoyed food, drinks and dancing throughout the evening.
Shown above is West Akron resident Don McArdle, dressed as a chef, as he leads revelers in “The Monster Mash.”
During its 10 years, the ball has raised more than $150,000 for local charities, according to organizers. For more information, go to www.halloweencharityball.org.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Community News
- Health officials turn attention to flu
- Vet Art Project promotes healing through shared stories
- Retired Norton police chief looks back on career
- Akron City Council commends Amber Vinson
- Preservation Alliance celebrating 30 years
- County planning Boston Mills Road improvements
- Natatorium’s deficit lessens in Falls
- Trustees discuss potential change in JEDD tax collection
- Cost will determine sewer system type in Norton
- Granger trustees approve work on Fire Station parking lot
- Richfield Village Council approves new cemetery fees
- Local Boy Scout earns Eagle rank with patio build
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Artists Who Teach - 10/31/2014
- “Family Health” Book Sale - 10/31/2014
- Beyond D.A.B.D.A.: Grief Counseling with Children and Adults - 10/31/2014
- The Midtown Men - 10/31/2014
- Creepy Crawlies - 10/31/2014