Free grief classes
COPLEY — The Akron General Hospice of Visiting Nurse Service (VNS) will offer special free support groups this holiday season to help adults and children cope with holiday grief. All of the following classes will meet at the Hospice of VNS Care Center, 3358 Ridgewood Road:
- “Kids and Holiday Grief” will be offered Nov. 8 and Dec. 13 from 5 to 7 p.m. Support will be provided for children ages 5-11 who have experienced a significant loss. A corresponding informational group is offered for parents/caregivers.
- “Reducing Holiday Stress” will be offered Nov. 13 from 2 to 3:30 p.m. or 6 to 7:30 p.m. Participants will discuss stress-related concerns during the holiday season; learn how to balance the reality of grief along with the expectations of the holidays; and hear about options for coping.
- “Grief, Loss and Holiday Pain” will be offered Dec. 11 from 2 to 3:30 p.m. or 6 to 7:30 p.m. This session will provide tips to help participants through the season. It also will offer tips for family and friends when dealing with a bereaved person.
- “After the Holidays… Now What?” will be offered Jan. 8 from 2 to 3:30 p.m. or 6 to 7:30 p.m. This group will focus on overcoming the low feelings sometimes experienced after major holidays and other special days.
Call to reserve a place. To register or for more information, call 330-668-4662 or 800-335-1455, ext. 4662.
If a church or business would like a presentation of “Reducing Holiday Stress” at its location, call the numbers above.
More Community News
- Akron Council OKs retiree benefit changes
- Treats in store at Akron Zoo
- County seeing opiate epidemic effects on finances
- APS board hears financial forecast
- West Side News & Notes
- Sheriff’s Office dedicates K-9 memorial
- ‘King of the Falls’ receives recognition at Broad Boulevard
- Falls leaf program start delayed to Oct. 31
- Falls seeking Youth Advisory Council members
- Norton Council OKs energy efficiency improvements
- Montrose Avenue zoning request in Bath withdrawn
- Norton Council clerk collecting pajama donations
- Boy Scout builds birdhouses for area shelters
- Copley trustees purchase third parcel for ‘campus’
- KAB recognizes board member, volunteer
- Richfield Council considering expanding cemeteries
- Granger board hears complaints about after-hours park use
- Lead poisoning prevention push underway
- SCPH gets $2.9 million for Lead Hazard Control program
- County Adopt-A-Thon rehomes pets
Calendar of Events
- Art of Vijay Rastogi - 10/28/2016
- Twilight Hike and Campfire - 10/28/2016
- Tales for Tots: ages 3-6 - 10/28/2016
- Elvis Costello and the Imposters - 10/28/2016
- Ballroom Nights - 10/28/2016