Free grief classes
COPLEY — The Akron General Hospice of Visiting Nurse Service (VNS) will offer special free support groups this holiday season to help adults and children cope with holiday grief. All of the following classes will meet at the Hospice of VNS Care Center, 3358 Ridgewood Road:
- “Kids and Holiday Grief” will be offered Nov. 8 and Dec. 13 from 5 to 7 p.m. Support will be provided for children ages 5-11 who have experienced a significant loss. A corresponding informational group is offered for parents/caregivers.
- “Reducing Holiday Stress” will be offered Nov. 13 from 2 to 3:30 p.m. or 6 to 7:30 p.m. Participants will discuss stress-related concerns during the holiday season; learn how to balance the reality of grief along with the expectations of the holidays; and hear about options for coping.
- “Grief, Loss and Holiday Pain” will be offered Dec. 11 from 2 to 3:30 p.m. or 6 to 7:30 p.m. This session will provide tips to help participants through the season. It also will offer tips for family and friends when dealing with a bereaved person.
- “After the Holidays… Now What?” will be offered Jan. 8 from 2 to 3:30 p.m. or 6 to 7:30 p.m. This group will focus on overcoming the low feelings sometimes experienced after major holidays and other special days.
Call to reserve a place. To register or for more information, call 330-668-4662 or 800-335-1455, ext. 4662.
If a church or business would like a presentation of “Reducing Holiday Stress” at its location, call the numbers above.
More Community News
- Mayor focuses on health care, environment
- Mustill Store opens for new season
- Norton voters to decide charter amendments
- Sheriff’s deputies receiving raises
- Council president refuses to mix with EACH investigation
- Fairlawn City Council OKs new deal with city’s police officers
- Richfield Village chief thanks employees for outfitting cruisers
- Trustees discuss concerns over crusher
- Bath approves new recycling agreement
- Copley looking for new bids for Community Center demolition
- Financial literacy classes offered
- Girls Scouts using grant for community service project
- GCEF awards funds for local Gay Games projects
- West Side News & Notes
- Development to offer luxury apartments
- Green seniors enjoy annual social
- Manchester district seeking renewal of levy
- New Franklin finance director now full time
- Sheriff’s deputies to receive raises
- South Side News & Notes
- Spring cleaning on tap for Lakemore
- Coventry school board places extended levy renewal on ballot
- Nimisila Reservoir Spring Cleanup coming
Calendar of Events
- A New Beginning - 4/16/2014
- Alzheimer’s Association Caregiver Support Group - 4/16/2014
- Helen Welch - 4/17/2014
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation Support Group - 4/17/2014
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 4/17/2014