Free grief classes
COPLEY — The Akron General Hospice of Visiting Nurse Service (VNS) will offer special free support groups this holiday season to help adults and children cope with holiday grief. All of the following classes will meet at the Hospice of VNS Care Center, 3358 Ridgewood Road:
- “Kids and Holiday Grief” will be offered Nov. 8 and Dec. 13 from 5 to 7 p.m. Support will be provided for children ages 5-11 who have experienced a significant loss. A corresponding informational group is offered for parents/caregivers.
- “Reducing Holiday Stress” will be offered Nov. 13 from 2 to 3:30 p.m. or 6 to 7:30 p.m. Participants will discuss stress-related concerns during the holiday season; learn how to balance the reality of grief along with the expectations of the holidays; and hear about options for coping.
- “Grief, Loss and Holiday Pain” will be offered Dec. 11 from 2 to 3:30 p.m. or 6 to 7:30 p.m. This session will provide tips to help participants through the season. It also will offer tips for family and friends when dealing with a bereaved person.
- “After the Holidays… Now What?” will be offered Jan. 8 from 2 to 3:30 p.m. or 6 to 7:30 p.m. This group will focus on overcoming the low feelings sometimes experienced after major holidays and other special days.
Call to reserve a place. To register or for more information, call 330-668-4662 or 800-335-1455, ext. 4662.
If a church or business would like a presentation of “Reducing Holiday Stress” at its location, call the numbers above.
More Community News
- Akron seeking help with ‘sensitive’ incidents
- King CLC opens to public
- Fire in Richfield destroys building, equipment
- Breaking Addiction Act gets partial support from Council
- APS focusing on digital needs, offerings
- Norton OKs fire truck purchase
- County ordinance may pave way for Copley flood relief
- Richfield trustees discuss recovery from recent fire
- Richfield Village assisting township with aid after fire
- Community input requested on land conservancy proposal
- Search for missing woman continues in CVNP
- West Side News & Notes
- Sheriff’s Office talks policing contract, sales tax with Coventry
- Community ‘quilt’ sculpture unveiled at art-A-palooza
- Green Council denies zoning for apartment complex
- New Franklin Council OKs lawsuit settlement
- County Council gives partial support to Breaking Addiction Act
- Spring Hill gets new playground
- ACF, city join to award grants for local neighborhoods
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- “The Boiling Point” - 9/2/2014
- Akron Symphony Chorus - 9/2/2014
- Wilco with special guest Bahamas - 9/4/2014
- Full Moon Labyrinth Walk Workshop: The Harvest Moon: “Sing, Dance and Celebrate” - 9/7/2014
- Open House - 9/7/2014