Free grief classes
COPLEY — The Akron General Hospice of Visiting Nurse Service (VNS) will offer special free support groups this holiday season to help adults and children cope with holiday grief. All of the following classes will meet at the Hospice of VNS Care Center, 3358 Ridgewood Road:
- “Kids and Holiday Grief” will be offered Nov. 8 and Dec. 13 from 5 to 7 p.m. Support will be provided for children ages 5-11 who have experienced a significant loss. A corresponding informational group is offered for parents/caregivers.
- “Reducing Holiday Stress” will be offered Nov. 13 from 2 to 3:30 p.m. or 6 to 7:30 p.m. Participants will discuss stress-related concerns during the holiday season; learn how to balance the reality of grief along with the expectations of the holidays; and hear about options for coping.
- “Grief, Loss and Holiday Pain” will be offered Dec. 11 from 2 to 3:30 p.m. or 6 to 7:30 p.m. This session will provide tips to help participants through the season. It also will offer tips for family and friends when dealing with a bereaved person.
- “After the Holidays… Now What?” will be offered Jan. 8 from 2 to 3:30 p.m. or 6 to 7:30 p.m. This group will focus on overcoming the low feelings sometimes experienced after major holidays and other special days.
Call to reserve a place. To register or for more information, call 330-668-4662 or 800-335-1455, ext. 4662.
If a church or business would like a presentation of “Reducing Holiday Stress” at its location, call the numbers above.
More Community News
- Minus kitchen, shelter will feed residents
- Revere students schooled on financial literacy
- Travel expenses spur Akron City Council discussion
- Copley survey results to guide development
- West Side News & Notes
- Norton celebrates upgraded bond rating
- Four to seek vacant Norton City Council seat
- Sharon Post Office to host Passport Fair
- Council delays vote on repairs to downtown decks
- Peninsula Council honors resident
- Boston trustees discuss new speed limit law
- Council considers rezoning request on West Streetsboro Road
- Trustees OK agreement for Southern Road property
- Granger property owner addresses BZA ruling
- Police seeking help with burglaries
- Green Middle School assisting students in need
- Coventry district presents report on open enrollment
- Coventry closes door to new gaming establishments
- South Side News & Notes
- Even without kitchen, shelter will feed residents
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure: group for widows and widowers - 2/22/2017
- “Saturday Night Fever — The Musical” - 2/22/2017
- Hydration in Older Adults - 2/22/2017
- Meet Me in the Garden - 2/22/2017
- Fiber Art Open Studio - 2/22/2017