Granger trustees conduct routine business
The Granger Township Board of Trustees discussed several issues during the board’s Oct. 31 regular meeting.
The meeting began with Zoning Inspector Annie George recapping the Board of Zoning Appeals meeting Oct. 29. She said Parrish-McIntyre’s variance request for a larger sign was approved by the board, and Crown Trophy’s request to display a banner outside its business has been postponed to December.
George also said she found there are no rules governing solicitation regarding the presence of food trucks in the Granger Township Park.
In Service Department business, Service Director Mark Novak said work on a culvert on Dunsha Road is near completion and surveying will start on Wilbur Road soon.
He also reported the Service Department will be working on fixing the lights at the front of the Granger Township Administration Building and the post lights in the parking lot.
Trustee John Ginley said he wants the lights to be replaced with LED lighting.
In Fire Department business, Assistant Chief Keith Mercek reported Chief Jim Paulett arranged for two cadets to start training in November. He also reported he has not received any word on the contract for the department’s new EMS unit, to which Ginley added the Medina County Prosecutor’s Office will have resolutions ready before the next board meeting in regards to requirements in purchasing the new vehicle.
In other business:
- Ginley reported Best Buy is waiting for the Fire Department to get its Internet service fixed before it can upgrade the department’s broken equipment.
Ginley said he researched prices for a salt spreader for the Fire Department.
Resident Brooks Rorapaugh told Ginley he has a stainless steel, commercial-quality salt spreader he is willing to donate to the township.
Ginley also told the trustees the Granger Township Firefighters’ Association made a request to donate a birthday party package to the Highland Foundation for Educational Excellence. The trustees approved the request.
- Fiscal Officer Donald Baker addressed the township’s defective Internet service, stating one possibility he is considering is ordering both Internet and phone service through Time Warner Cable. He said he will study the situation and get back to the board with a recommendation.
Baker also reported correspondence on a proposed traffic signal at Interstate 271 and Ridge Road is under consideration.
He also stated a proposed conservation easement donation will not be pursued.
Baker announced the Medina County Auditor’s Office is holding its annual Seal Design Contest for Medina County students. He said all entries must be turned in to the Auditor’s Office before Dec. 20, and contest rules can be found on the Auditor’s Office website at www.medinacountyauditor.org.
- The board agreed to extend two certificates of deposit for a period not to extend 90 days.
The next Granger Board of Trustees meeting is set for Nov. 11 at 7:30 p.m. at the Granger Township Administration Building, 3717 Ridge Road.
More Community News
- Health district moving to West Akron
- Runners get in Halloween spirit
- Granger voters to see road, fire levies on ballot
- Fire levy on ballot in Sharon
- West Akron man volunteering in Ghana
- Falls implementing civil dispute program
- Boston to receive funds from NPS
- Richfield mayor discusses village’s investments
- Granger trustees continue to review conservation easement
- Stow Court modernizing, shares info with Richfield Chamber
- OFSC presents funds to burn unit
- West Side News & Notes
- Lakemore asking voters to renew fire levy
- Acme celebrates opening
- Coventry trustees asking voters to support Issue 53
- Residents oppose proposed gas line through Green
- Springfield helping with Canton Road corridor work
- Health district readies for new home
- Green Fire named STEMI Award winner
- Green employee receives Patriot Award
- Students share green thumb efforts
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Amazing World of Bats - 10/21/2014
- A New Beginning - 10/22/2014
- Bastille - 10/22/2014
- Weekday Walkers - 10/22/2014
- Wine and Canvas Painting Class - 10/22/2014