Granger trustees conduct routine business
The Granger Township Board of Trustees discussed several issues during the board’s Oct. 31 regular meeting.
The meeting began with Zoning Inspector Annie George recapping the Board of Zoning Appeals meeting Oct. 29. She said Parrish-McIntyre’s variance request for a larger sign was approved by the board, and Crown Trophy’s request to display a banner outside its business has been postponed to December.
George also said she found there are no rules governing solicitation regarding the presence of food trucks in the Granger Township Park.
In Service Department business, Service Director Mark Novak said work on a culvert on Dunsha Road is near completion and surveying will start on Wilbur Road soon.
He also reported the Service Department will be working on fixing the lights at the front of the Granger Township Administration Building and the post lights in the parking lot.
Trustee John Ginley said he wants the lights to be replaced with LED lighting.
In Fire Department business, Assistant Chief Keith Mercek reported Chief Jim Paulett arranged for two cadets to start training in November. He also reported he has not received any word on the contract for the department’s new EMS unit, to which Ginley added the Medina County Prosecutor’s Office will have resolutions ready before the next board meeting in regards to requirements in purchasing the new vehicle.
In other business:
- Ginley reported Best Buy is waiting for the Fire Department to get its Internet service fixed before it can upgrade the department’s broken equipment.
Ginley said he researched prices for a salt spreader for the Fire Department.
Resident Brooks Rorapaugh told Ginley he has a stainless steel, commercial-quality salt spreader he is willing to donate to the township.
Ginley also told the trustees the Granger Township Firefighters’ Association made a request to donate a birthday party package to the Highland Foundation for Educational Excellence. The trustees approved the request.
- Fiscal Officer Donald Baker addressed the township’s defective Internet service, stating one possibility he is considering is ordering both Internet and phone service through Time Warner Cable. He said he will study the situation and get back to the board with a recommendation.
Baker also reported correspondence on a proposed traffic signal at Interstate 271 and Ridge Road is under consideration.
He also stated a proposed conservation easement donation will not be pursued.
Baker announced the Medina County Auditor’s Office is holding its annual Seal Design Contest for Medina County students. He said all entries must be turned in to the Auditor’s Office before Dec. 20, and contest rules can be found on the Auditor’s Office website at www.medinacountyauditor.org.
- The board agreed to extend two certificates of deposit for a period not to extend 90 days.
The next Granger Board of Trustees meeting is set for Nov. 11 at 7:30 p.m. at the Granger Township Administration Building, 3717 Ridge Road.
More Community News
- County notes success of Gay Games
- Copley fathers, sons hike Grand Canyon rim to rim
- Fairlawn updating rental, housing code
- Church offering English as second language classes
- Medina County hiking program begins Sept. 1
- Bath board approves road improvements, trail construction
- Boston officials discuss new safety measures
- Sharon Fire adding new shift
- Red Cross names interim chapter executive
- JLA accepts grant for Kids in the Kitchen project
- West Side News & Notes
- Coventry to further fund flood mitigation
- Local man ‘model’ citizen with building hobby
- County Council notes success of Gay Games
- Cottage Grove School set for demolition
- Kick for The Cure benefiting Camp Quality, hospice
- Springfield trustees seeking to reduce water/sewer bills further
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Saturday Dance and Gymnastics - 8/23/2014
- Sixth Medina International Fest - 8/23/2014
- 24th Annual AoRC Juried Show - 8/23/2014
- “Relatively Speaking” by Alan Ayckbourn - 8/24/2014
- Hudson Stamp Show - 8/24/2014