City changes leaf pickup schedule
AKRON — The city of Akron’s leaf pickup schedule has been organized according to current ward boundaries.
“There seems to be some confusion regarding what ward boundaries are being used (old or new) to determine the city’s leaf pickup schedule,” said Akron Service Director John Moore Nov. 4. “Residents are voting in their new wards, although for purposes of the city’s leaf pickup schedule, the city is using the current (old) ward boundaries.”
City officials advise residents to watch for signage regarding pickup dates.
The following schedule, which reflects a one-week delay from the original schedule, for wards in the West Side Leader coverage area includes: Ward 1, Nov. 16; Ward 3, Dec. 5; Ward 4, Nov. 30; and Ward 8, Nov. 21.
Residents are asked not to rake leaves into the street until the day before the scheduled leaf pickup. Each ward takes more than one day to complete, so leaves should be on the street by the dates listed.
City officials are making one round through each ward and will attempt to stay on schedule. Updated information will be available at www.akronohio.gov or 330-375-2311.
Maria Lindsay contributed to this report.
More Community News
- Akron Council OKs retiree benefit changes
- Treats in store at Akron Zoo
- County seeing opiate epidemic effects on finances
- APS board hears financial forecast
- West Side News & Notes
- Sheriff’s Office dedicates K-9 memorial
- ‘King of the Falls’ receives recognition at Broad Boulevard
- Falls leaf program start delayed to Oct. 31
- Falls seeking Youth Advisory Council members
- Norton Council OKs energy efficiency improvements
- Montrose Avenue zoning request in Bath withdrawn
- Norton Council clerk collecting pajama donations
- Boy Scout builds birdhouses for area shelters
- Copley trustees purchase third parcel for ‘campus’
- KAB recognizes board member, volunteer
- Richfield Council considering expanding cemeteries
- Granger board hears complaints about after-hours park use
- Lead poisoning prevention push underway
- SCPH gets $2.9 million for Lead Hazard Control program
- County Adopt-A-Thon rehomes pets
Calendar of Events
- Art of Vijay Rastogi - 10/28/2016
- Twilight Hike and Campfire - 10/28/2016
- Tales for Tots: ages 3-6 - 10/28/2016
- Elvis Costello and the Imposters - 10/28/2016
- Ballroom Nights - 10/28/2016