City changes leaf pickup schedule
AKRON — The city of Akron’s leaf pickup schedule has been organized according to current ward boundaries.
“There seems to be some confusion regarding what ward boundaries are being used (old or new) to determine the city’s leaf pickup schedule,” said Akron Service Director John Moore Nov. 4. “Residents are voting in their new wards, although for purposes of the city’s leaf pickup schedule, the city is using the current (old) ward boundaries.”
City officials advise residents to watch for signage regarding pickup dates.
The following schedule, which reflects a one-week delay from the original schedule, for wards in the West Side Leader coverage area includes: Ward 1, Nov. 16; Ward 3, Dec. 5; Ward 4, Nov. 30; and Ward 8, Nov. 21.
Residents are asked not to rake leaves into the street until the day before the scheduled leaf pickup. Each ward takes more than one day to complete, so leaves should be on the street by the dates listed.
City officials are making one round through each ward and will attempt to stay on schedule. Updated information will be available at www.akronohio.gov or 330-375-2311.
Maria Lindsay contributed to this report.
More Community News
- State capital improvements issue on ballot
- Blue herons prepare for new arrivals
- West Akron rezoning request withdrawn
- Fundraisers for brain cancer research planned
- Eagle Scouts plan special trip to honor D-Day
- County Council considering raises for employees
- Fairlawn Police Department promotes five officers
- Peninsula Council approves agricultural district renewal
- Bath trustees conduct business for Revere students
- Dates set for annual Richfield community celebration
- Richfield trustees approve settlement for use of crusher
- Copley seeking new bids to raze Community Center
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Apollo’s Fire - 4/24/2014
- “Bye Bye Birdie” - 4/24/2014
- Alzheimer’s Association Caregiver Support Group - 4/24/2014
- Delicious, Healthful Olive Oil - 4/24/2014
- Open House - 4/24/2014