City changes leaf pickup schedule
AKRON — The city of Akron’s leaf pickup schedule has been organized according to current ward boundaries.
“There seems to be some confusion regarding what ward boundaries are being used (old or new) to determine the city’s leaf pickup schedule,” said Akron Service Director John Moore Nov. 4. “Residents are voting in their new wards, although for purposes of the city’s leaf pickup schedule, the city is using the current (old) ward boundaries.”
City officials advise residents to watch for signage regarding pickup dates.
The following schedule, which reflects a one-week delay from the original schedule, for wards in the West Side Leader coverage area includes: Ward 1, Nov. 16; Ward 3, Dec. 5; Ward 4, Nov. 30; and Ward 8, Nov. 21.
Residents are asked not to rake leaves into the street until the day before the scheduled leaf pickup. Each ward takes more than one day to complete, so leaves should be on the street by the dates listed.
City officials are making one round through each ward and will attempt to stay on schedule. Updated information will be available at www.akronohio.gov or 330-375-2311.
Maria Lindsay contributed to this report.
More Community News
- Akron Council raises campaign limits
- Animals in need find home at Forever Amber Acres
- Mustard Seed eyes May opening in Highland Square
- Reentry Network offers safety net for parolees
- West Side News & Notes
- Celebrate with religious sights, sounds
- Reentry Network announces 2015 programs
- Cub Scouts participate in ‘Operation Smile’
- Fairlawn officials remember former Council member
- OWRC installs 2015 officers
- Bath trustees reject fact-finder’s report
- Boston officials discuss new tax collection agency
- Sharon trustees revisit resurfacing agreement
- Hattie Larlham gets early Christmas gift
- Norton officers take part in Shop with a Cop
- Norton food drive to help families
- Lakemore Council bids farewell to solicitor
- Santas spreading holiday cheer with Kiwanis events
- Coventry still mulling Sheriff’s Office contract
- Coventry superintendent tackling negativity
- Green students give back to community
- Springfield trustees approve zoning change
- Akron raises campaign limits, OKs body camera trial
- Manchester senior earns Eagle Scout rank
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Holiday Open House - 12/20/2014
- Wildlife and Wood Workshop: Bird Feeder - 12/20/2014
- Sweat Lodge Ceremony - 12/20/2014
- Ugly Sweater Hike and Fire - 12/20/2014
- Hiking for the Health of It - 12/20/2014