City changes leaf pickup schedule
AKRON — The city of Akron’s leaf pickup schedule has been organized according to current ward boundaries.
“There seems to be some confusion regarding what ward boundaries are being used (old or new) to determine the city’s leaf pickup schedule,” said Akron Service Director John Moore Nov. 4. “Residents are voting in their new wards, although for purposes of the city’s leaf pickup schedule, the city is using the current (old) ward boundaries.”
City officials advise residents to watch for signage regarding pickup dates.
The following schedule, which reflects a one-week delay from the original schedule, for wards in the West Side Leader coverage area includes: Ward 1, Nov. 16; Ward 3, Dec. 5; Ward 4, Nov. 30; and Ward 8, Nov. 21.
Residents are asked not to rake leaves into the street until the day before the scheduled leaf pickup. Each ward takes more than one day to complete, so leaves should be on the street by the dates listed.
City officials are making one round through each ward and will attempt to stay on schedule. Updated information will be available at www.akronohio.gov or 330-375-2311.
Maria Lindsay contributed to this report.
More Community News
- Bath parks levy renewal on May ballot
- Area communities offering Safety Town
- Woodridge studying future of school buildings
- Council OKs new Dollar General in Merriman Valley
- Youth employment program getting on its way
- Falls Council OKs purchase for Electrical Department
- Norton Council accepts Moving Ohio Forward funds
- Boston trustees take step to clear property
- Sharon trustees discuss recent township break-ins
- Granger trustees approve tax abatement guidelines
- KAB names litter prevention campaign contest winners
- LaRose honors local youth
- YMCAs presenting Healthy Kids Day
- Montrose transportation meeting set for May 15
- United Way announces education investments, new funding strategy
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Voices in the Valley - 4/17/2014
- Highland Book Group - 4/17/2014
- Helen Welch - 4/17/2014
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation Support Group - 4/17/2014
- Cuyahoga Valley Frackers and Brick Road Ramblers - 4/18/2014