City changes leaf pickup schedule
AKRON — The city of Akron’s leaf pickup schedule has been organized according to current ward boundaries.
“There seems to be some confusion regarding what ward boundaries are being used (old or new) to determine the city’s leaf pickup schedule,” said Akron Service Director John Moore Nov. 4. “Residents are voting in their new wards, although for purposes of the city’s leaf pickup schedule, the city is using the current (old) ward boundaries.”
City officials advise residents to watch for signage regarding pickup dates.
The following schedule, which reflects a one-week delay from the original schedule, for wards in the West Side Leader coverage area includes: Ward 1, Nov. 16; Ward 3, Dec. 5; Ward 4, Nov. 30; and Ward 8, Nov. 21.
Residents are asked not to rake leaves into the street until the day before the scheduled leaf pickup. Each ward takes more than one day to complete, so leaves should be on the street by the dates listed.
City officials are making one round through each ward and will attempt to stay on schedule. Updated information will be available at www.akronohio.gov or 330-375-2311.
Maria Lindsay contributed to this report.
More Community News
- Akron Council OKs Rockynol project permit
- Croghan Park rededicated
- Focus on speeding, other issues at Akron Caucus
- Bath Community Day is Aug. 2
- Summit, Medina fairs celebrate traditions
- Richfield fire chief commended for saving life
- Richfield trustees discuss mowing complaint
- Copley pet groomer reunites potbellied pig, owner
- West Side News & Notes
- West Side Education News & Notes
- New Springfield superintendent named
- Communities gearing up for Rock the Docks
- New Franklin charter changes headed to ballot
- Community event planned at East Liberty Park
- Kids Month celebrated in August
- Wingfoot One selected as new blimp name
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Windows 8 - 7/29/2014
- Pilates - 7/30/2014
- Intercourse the Collective - 7/30/2014
- “Summer Fun” Book Sale - 7/31/2014
- Works by Portage Path Community Learning Center art students - 7/31/2014