Plants assisting in storm water management
|Photos: Lew Stamp|
The site was designed by landscape architect Jeff Kerr, a partner at Environmental Design Group. Kerr is shown at right top, lending a hand in the effort.
A group of volunteers are shown above working on the project, despite the wet weather. Plants for the site, such as bristly cattail sedge, were donated by the Ohio Prairie Nursery in Hiram, according to city officials.
Shown at right bottom is New Franklin resident Carol Zeh using a garden tool to make a hole for a seedling.
The detention pond on the site, along with the plants, will reduce storm water flooding south and east of the site, according to city officials.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
Calendar of Events
- Akron Symphony Orchestra - 8/2/2015
- Bobby Selvaggio Quartet - 8/2/2015
- Phil ‘n the Blanks - 8/2/2015
- Natural Discoveries Hiking Series: Sounds of Summer - 8/2/2015
- Colin Dussault - 8/3/2015