Hattie Larlham unveils renovated home in New Franklin
|Photo courtesy of Hattie Larlham|
The home is for adults with developmental disabilities and promotes independence, responsibility and socialization, according to Hattie Larlham officials. Some of the enhancements to the home include adding a fourth bedroom and building a new wheelchair-accessible ramp inside the garage, which was originally outside, according to Hattie Larlham officials. Hattie Larlham also updated the deck on the back of the house, making it more user friendly for the home’s residents with developmental disabilities.
Residents assisted with tours, showing guests what they liked most about the newly renovated home, according to Hattie Larlham officials.
Shown at left, from left, at the event are: resident Eli D.; Summit County Executive Russ Pry; resident Joe S.; Charles Spain, a member of the Hattie Larlham Board of Directors; Dennis Allen, CEO of Hattie Larlham; and resident John S.
Funding for the newly renovated home was provided by the Summit County Department of Community and Economic Development and was funded in part with HOME Investment Partnership Program funds, according to Hattie Larlham officials.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- Council OKs $450 million capital budget
- Chili Open golfers warm up for spring
- Summit County Council welcomes Walters
- Aggregation, personnel on Akron ballots
- Roundtable staying true to mission
- West Side News & Notes
- Copley Boy Scout troop celebrating 60 years
- Two Fairlawn Fire officers promoted during Council meeting
- Norton continues discussion of Nash Heights project
- Copley trustees approve funds for road repairs
- Falls addressing issues at Broad Boulevard railroad crossing
- Richfield Village celebrating 50th anniversary next year
- Richfield trustees get update on antidrug programs
- Granger trustees approve budget for 2016
Calendar of Events
- Adult Ceramic Project Class - 2/11/2016
- University of Akron Symphony Orchestra - 2/11/2016
- Yoga in the Park - 2/11/2016
- Teen Advisory Board - 2/11/2016
- “Intruder in the Dust”: - 2/11/2016