Hattie Larlham unveils renovated home in New Franklin
|Photo courtesy of Hattie Larlham|
The home is for adults with developmental disabilities and promotes independence, responsibility and socialization, according to Hattie Larlham officials. Some of the enhancements to the home include adding a fourth bedroom and building a new wheelchair-accessible ramp inside the garage, which was originally outside, according to Hattie Larlham officials. Hattie Larlham also updated the deck on the back of the house, making it more user friendly for the home’s residents with developmental disabilities.
Residents assisted with tours, showing guests what they liked most about the newly renovated home, according to Hattie Larlham officials.
Shown at left, from left, at the event are: resident Eli D.; Summit County Executive Russ Pry; resident Joe S.; Charles Spain, a member of the Hattie Larlham Board of Directors; Dennis Allen, CEO of Hattie Larlham; and resident John S.
Funding for the newly renovated home was provided by the Summit County Department of Community and Economic Development and was funded in part with HOME Investment Partnership Program funds, according to Hattie Larlham officials.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- Akron welcoming NBA star ‘back home’
- Old-fashioned carnival celebrates SCHS anniversary
- Woodridge bids farewell to board member
- APS board accepts donation from foundation
- Kids Month celebrated in August
- Boston trustees discuss issues with road project
- Sharon officials provide update on smell
- Falls drafts deal for development of Menards
- Norton working on flood control on Newpark Drive
- Granger Fire personnel sworn in
- Fairlawn officials investigating nightly room rentals in residences
- West Side News & Notes
- Springfield superintendent retiring
- Road resurfacing behind schedule in Coventry
- Pine Lake residents object to new Lauer Park entrance
Calendar of Events
- A New Beginning - 7/23/2014
- 24th Annual AoRC Juried Show - 7/23/2014
- Music in the Meadow: Mo’ Mojo - 7/23/2014
- Mosaic Picture Frame for grades 5-12 - 7/24/2014
- Taste of Akron - 7/24/2014