Medication Take Back Day offered in Norton
|Photo courtesy of Medicine Shoppe Pharmacy|
On the premises for the day was Norton Police Officer Jason Sams, shown below with Medicine Shoppe employee Brittany Arvay and some of what was collected at the event.
Take Back Day in Norton also included a way for citizens to remove unwanted firearms from their households.
This year, the event collected 15.5 pounds of federal legend drugs, 2 pounds of controlled substances (narcotics), 22 pounds of mail-order medications and 18 pounds of over-the-counter medications for a total of 57.5 pounds of medications that will now not pollute the environment nor be a hazard in a home, according to organizers. Also collected was 13.5 pounds of unused ammunition, but no firearms.
The next Take Back Day will be scheduled in May and will be announced early in 2014, according to organizers.
More Community News
- Akron seeking help with ‘sensitive’ incidents
- King CLC opens to public
- Fire in Richfield destroys building, equipment
- Breaking Addiction Act gets partial support from Council
- APS focusing on digital needs, offerings
- Norton OKs fire truck purchase
- County ordinance may pave way for Copley flood relief
- Richfield trustees discuss recovery from recent fire
- Richfield Village assisting township with aid after fire
- Community input requested on land conservancy proposal
- Search for missing woman continues in CVNP
- West Side News & Notes
- Sheriff’s Office talks policing contract, sales tax with Coventry
- Community ‘quilt’ sculpture unveiled at art-A-palooza
- Green Council denies zoning for apartment complex
- New Franklin Council OKs lawsuit settlement
- County Council gives partial support to Breaking Addiction Act
- Spring Hill gets new playground
- ACF, city join to award grants for local neighborhoods
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- “The Boiling Point” - 9/2/2014
- Akron Symphony Chorus - 9/2/2014
- Wilco with special guest Bahamas - 9/4/2014
- Full Moon Labyrinth Walk Workshop: The Harvest Moon: “Sing, Dance and Celebrate” - 9/7/2014
- Open House - 9/7/2014